PDA

View Full Version : My S5 has been built !

HKS786
July 5th, 2007, 20:56
man, tell me us what your setup is. you gotta get loads of pics up when you get it! cant wait to see it!

oh yeah, and congrats bro !

Arslanoff
July 6th, 2007, 01:06
Phantom Black - good :trash:
Magma Red Sport Seats - Goood :dig:
Advanced Key - Gooooood :thumb:
Bang & Olufsen Stereo - GOOOOOOD :music:
Carbon Atlas Interior - GOOOOOOOOD :love2:
Very good choise man, hope to see hi-def photos of your new car soon here!

phEight
July 6th, 2007, 08:26
Perfect choice. Great taste, I envy you! You better take lots of pics and give very detailed impressions of the car. I don't have the resources to buy a car of that caliber but it's always pleasing to read impressions anyways. :)

mehigh
July 6th, 2007, 09:24
Just been told that my S5 has been built and is waiting in the factory for Audi to decide when they are going to 'launch' the car and deliver it to the UK. I was told middle of this month, but they now think it might be end of the month!

Thought S5 people might want to know !

When did you ordered tha car?

Ruergard
July 6th, 2007, 15:49
Very nice specification on the car! Can't wait for pics! :thumb:

Hope it arrives soon! :)

cybertec69
July 9th, 2007, 23:08
Congratualtions, I hope it's what you expected and more, the dilema you will have is listening to the sweet roar of that engine, or the sweet sound of the B&O sound system. And I am sorry to hear your M3 got stolen, by the way how many pounds did that beauty run you, if I may ask.

cybertec69
July 11th, 2007, 22:49
So in the US it would be more like $60-65 thousand, makes you wonder what the RS5 will go for, thanks

tazsura
July 19th, 2007, 17:03
Congrats :cheers:

Post Pics as soon as you get it! In fact, go get some pre-handover pics from the dealership right now!....Lol

Taz :race:

HKS786
July 19th, 2007, 18:38
Cant wait to see pics, I know this car will look even better in real-life pics....

cybertec69
July 19th, 2007, 22:27
My S5 arrived at the dealer this morning. I'm picking it up at 1pm a week today
:jlol: :jlol: :jlol: :jlol: :jlol: :jlol: :jlol:so how do you sleep at night, I know I would have a hard time, knowing my car has arrived and I have to wait to pick it up.:cheers:

HKS786
July 20th, 2007, 00:38
so how do you sleep at night, I know I would have a hard time, knowing my car has arrived and I have to wait to pick it up.:cheers:

lol so true...

Audifan92
July 21st, 2007, 16:01
Congrats!
Cant wait to see pics

borispmchan
July 26th, 2007, 06:48
Can't wait to see it!!
Can you post some pics??

Leadfoot
July 26th, 2007, 18:38
elstimpo,

Nice combination, the black and red leather. It's interesting to hear from someone more use to driving an M3 as your opinion is more important than most. As some here already knew I had my name down for a TT-S but after a brief test-drive in the S5 I was sold on the car, much better to drive than the S4 I use to own and felt even faster than the small power increase would lead one to believe impossible.

The spec I have choosen is a little different.

Sprint Blue
Silver Grey Leather
B&O system
Full Parking Plus system
Cruise Control
Auto Dim + Auto wipers
In-dash Autochanger
Auto Hill-hold

I decided against the Sat-Nav because I found the one in my Q7 to be nowhere near as good as the Garmin I also have and the experience I have had with Auto Start system isn't good (admittedly it was a Renault).

Nipper
July 26th, 2007, 21:16
Leadie, I'd seriously consider the Nav+ if I was you if only to preserve the residuals as I think 95% of all S5's will have it. It's becoming a must in a £40k plus car.

My wife's S5 in no on the ship so should be with the dealer in a few days. Were are on hols for the 1st couple of weeks of Aug so we have decided to delay delivery till Sept 1st.

We've speced Phanton BLack, Pearl Silver Leather, Nav +, B&O, Parking Advanced (with rear camera), AMI, Keyless Entry, Comfort Pack, Adaptive Lights ('cos i've got them on my RS4), Cruise, Bluetooth, Hill hold etc. Lists at about £47k.

Elstimpo, love the photo's. Enjoy the car. Quattro is a wonderfull thing in the wet. You'll soon get used to leaving M3's for dead in our wonderfull summer weather!!!!

Leadfoot
July 26th, 2007, 21:41
Leadie, I'd seriously consider the Nav+ if I was you if only to preserve the residuals as I think 95% of all S5's will have it. It's becoming a must in a £40k plus car.

My wife's S5 in no on the ship so should be with the dealer in a few days. Were are on hols for the 1st couple of weeks of Aug so we have decided to delay delivery till Sept 1st.

We've speced Phanton BLack, Pearl Silver Leather, Nav +, B&O, Parking Advanced (with rear camera), AMI, Keyless Entry, Comfort Pack, Adaptive Lights ('cos i've got them on my RS4), Cruise, Bluetooth, Hill hold etc. Lists at about £47k.

Elstimpo, love the photo's. Enjoy the car. Quattro is a wonderfull thing in the wet. You'll soon get used to leaving M3's for dead in our wonderfull summer weather!!!!

Thanks for the advise, I will talk this over with the dealer as final spec doesn't have to be finalised until mid September.

Did you see a S5 with the Silver Grey Leather interior, all I saw was a swatch of leather from the book combined with the Carbon Fibre trim and I fell in love :love: , but I would have loved to have seen the real thing. As for the exterior, I have had 4 Black cars and I am looking a change, I saw the RS4 in Sprint Blue and loved the way it's curves looked in the sun light and as the A/S5 shape is even more curvy this can only be a good thing.

Nipper
July 26th, 2007, 22:02
Leadie, We've not seen the pearl silver yet, apart from the swatch, just like you. My wife already has the silver nappa in her TT, and the swatch was virtually identical so we decided to go with it. We've seen pictures of it too and it looks good. When we ordered ours we hadn't even seen a car so deciding on the trim was difficult so we decided to stick with the std brushed ali. we've since seen the steel mesh which looks great, and based on Elstimpo's photo's the carbon looks good too. We'll just have to see how ours looks, 'cos i'm sure it'd quite simple to swap.