View Full Version : C 63 AMG revealed

KK265
July 4th, 2007, 06:52
http://www.germancarzone.com/c-class/15952-official-c63-amg.html

Fab
July 4th, 2007, 07:17
Beautifull !!! simply beautifull !!! :wo:

I love this car:heart:

Could be a potential future buy if the drive is sporty enough (keeping the ususal Benz confort).

Thrives
July 4th, 2007, 09:09
457 HP
6,2-liter V8
100 km/u in 4.5 sec.
600 Nm @ 6.000 rpm
250 km/h topspeed

:bigeyes:

This car will be the new Autobahn general ... :revs:

tazsura
July 4th, 2007, 09:13
http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-C63-AMG/226409/

Road test from Autocar. They like it a lot. No word of comparison to RS4 tho...just keep going on about the new M3.

457 BHP...was I the only one expecting a bit more power than this...?

Taz :rs4kiss:

Leadfoot
July 4th, 2007, 09:46
Taz,

You're from the UK, you should know better than to expect AUTOCAR to include any Audi in a discussion about a hi-performance sportscar. As the man would say 'they are in denial'. :hihi:

But in any case, the M3 has been at the top of this sector for the best part of 12yrs so they are always going to refer to it first and foremost.

tazsura
July 4th, 2007, 09:49
Lol..very true...apologies for my stoopidness!

The RS4 is ONLY the benchmark for small sports saloons. Silly me for expecting Autocar to refer to it! :hihi:

What are your view on the power output of the C63 Leadie? About what you expected?:vhmmm:

Taz :king:

AndyBG
July 4th, 2007, 10:00
Car looks great !

It probably goes fast, aswell...

457 hps is what I was expecting, new M3 has 420, current RS 4 420, and future RS 4 is roumered 450...

Leadfoot
July 4th, 2007, 10:14
Lol..very true...apologies for my stoopidness!

The RS4 is ONLY the benchmark for small sports saloons. Silly me for expecting Autocar to refer to it! :hihi:

What are your view on the power output of the C63 Leadie? About what you expected?:vhmmm:

Taz :king:

Like yourself, I expect Mercedes to give the C63 the same output as the CLK63 but they may have done this for more than the just to separate the performance versions in their range. Like AUTOCAR says, this is the first AMG to allow the ESP to be turned off totally, is it possible that this slight reduction in power have altered the torque as well to allow for this new policy by Mercedes.

Either way, this will be a seriously quick car and the one both Audi and BMW will be trying to de-thrown as the ultimate hi-performance saloon.

Ruergard
July 4th, 2007, 12:30
The exterior looks just amazing, I love it! :love: The inside though.. miles away from Audi. It'll be very interesting to see this against M3 and RS4....

Duma
July 4th, 2007, 12:38
hm...very nice..

tazsura
July 4th, 2007, 13:19
Like yourself, I expect Mercedes to give the C63 the same output as the CLK63 but they may have done this for more than the just to separate the performance versions in their range. Like AUTOCAR says, this is the first AMG to allow the ESP to be turned off totally, is it possible that this slight reduction in power have altered the torque as well to allow for this new policy by Mercedes.

Either way, this will be a seriously quick car and the one both Audi and BMW will be trying to de-thrown as the ultimate hi-performance saloon.

And when the RS4 is updated, no doubt they will turn up the wick on the C63's output too...

Taz :cheers:

Leadfoot
July 4th, 2007, 13:34
And when the RS4 is updated, no doubt they will turn up the wick on the C63's output too...

Taz :cheers:

There is little doubt that Mercedes will bring out a Black Series but if the CLK Black Series is anything to go by it appeal will be limited because of it's price.

Mercedes have held back on the C63 and I reckon it's because it would shame the rest of the range priced above if they had given the full 500hp of the E63 and above. I personally like the understated looks that all AMG cars have and though this model is more in your face than any other it still isn't an M3 in this department.

I know one thing, both the M3 and RS5 will have to be something special to beat it.

Respect Mercedes. :bow:

Bingocaller
July 4th, 2007, 14:07
I would still go for the Black series

But just think about it - a C classe with the same amount of power as the MK1 RS6 - Man I love the Hpwar :)

Leadfoot
July 4th, 2007, 14:35
Yeah,

And don't forget it also has more torque as well. An amazing piece of kit.

rokke
July 4th, 2007, 15:29
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10487&size=1024 www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10486&size=1024

http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10485&size=1024 www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10485&size=1024
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10483&size=1024
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10482&size=1024 www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10487&size=1024

www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10483&size=1024 (http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10483&size=1024)

www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10482&size=1024 (http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10482&size=1024)
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10486&size=1024
and actually its a 6.3 liter engine as u can see in the interieur pic....hf

Toto89
July 4th, 2007, 15:31
Impressive numbers and a design which is not my taste......To i see it from Audi aspect it's good to have the RS4 for over 2 years ago and watch while BMW and Mercedes releases their cars to this territory only years later.
On the other side it's not good to have S5 and upcoming S4 which are put also in this territory by many people and knowing they have 354hp against 420 and 450:vgrumpy:
It's difficult to decide which aspect is the truth. What do you think?

tazsura
July 4th, 2007, 15:37
Impressive numbers and a design which is not my taste......To i see it from Audi aspect it's good to have the RS4 for over 2 years ago and watch while BMW and Mercedes releases their cars to this territory only years later.
On the other side it's not good to have S5 and upcoming S4 which are put also in this territory by many people and knowing they have 354hp against 420 and 450:vgrumpy:
It's difficult to decide which aspect is the truth. What do you think?

The S range no longer competes with either M or AMG. RS is the competitor for M and AMG. It is unfair to compare the S5 and new S4 to these as they are not intended to be rivals.

Taz :asian:

Leadfoot
July 4th, 2007, 15:50
The S range no longer competes with either M or AMG. RS is the competitor for M and AMG. It is unfair to compare the S5 and new S4 to these as they are not intended to be rivals.

Taz :asian:

I think Audi have decided to re-position the S models away from direct competition with the M and AMG models, but in doing so it has lowered the status of the S models and in a way the RS models as well. Before we always thought of the RS versions as slightly above the M equivalent but not now.

This is why I reckon we will see more plus versions of the RS models to compete with the ever increasing Black Series and CSL models that are sure to come.

Toto89
July 4th, 2007, 15:54
Sure, that was also my first thought but you should not forget that RS cars are made in limited issues, not like S, M and AMG. So if You say RS is their competitor, we win but Audi (i mean the factory) is in a handicap because they can not sell so many high performance cars as BMW and Mercedes. It's obvious because they produce less RS cars. That's why more powerful S cars would be needed in my opinion.
And in the current case, which car is the competitor of for example S6 and S8? They are brilliant cars, i drove them, really impressive, but what against? Not E63, not M5, I also think not 550i and E550 are they?

Regards, Tom.

Edit: reply to Tazsura

tazsura
July 4th, 2007, 16:08
I agree 100% Toto89. The S range is in no-mans land IMHO. I would much prefer Audi go back to the original values (Like Leadie as detailed) where S was direct competitors to M and AMG. Audi need to go back and re-engineer S cars more than they do so at the moment.

The S badge means nothing at the minute. Only the S8 has status. The S6 does not becasue we all know the real bad-boy will be the RS6 and knew this even before the S6 was launched!

So if it means some of the Quattro Gmbh engineers going over to Audi to produce S versions, so be it. RS should carry a kudos higher than the equivalent Benz or Beema, and not be so mass produced as either M or AMG. Having more and more RS+ models would just devalue the whole RS badge in my eyes.

Where do we stop? RS+, RS ++ , RS XXL?!

Taz :thumb:

Leadfoot
July 4th, 2007, 16:30
I hope Porsche look at the current policy Audi are using and re-adjust it in a way back to the way it was. I still believe we have the right to have a full range of RS models through out the model groups but still keep them limited.

I agree Taz, when will it end with the RS+ etc. But Audi have in a way brought this on themselves by re-positioning the S versions, before there was no need for a RS+, but now there is.

Another thing, those of us who previously brought S models are thinking twice about doing it again and it's all because of this. In my opinion the S should always match the performance of the BMW M but in a package that is more understated and with a handling that doesn't compromise the ride, in other words it should be more like an AMG with quattro.

Leadfoot
July 4th, 2007, 16:32
Back to topic and this amazing AMG C63. I wonder what sort of time it will be able to achieve around the ring.

Has anyone any guesses?

Me personally, I reckon it will be 8:12.

tazsura
July 4th, 2007, 16:37
I know Audi bought this situation on themselves..and have no idea why they did so?! Lol

The B6 S4 was a viable alternative to the E46 M3. Ok, it did not offer balls-out thrills of the M3 but catered for diff. needs. It's after this, that there was a shift, and S no longer was a viable alternative to M or AMG.

I too hope Porsche re-align S with M/AMG. And not mass market RS.

Leadfoot
July 4th, 2007, 16:55
I know Audi bought this situation on themselves..and have no idea why they did so?! Lol

The B6 S4 was a viable alternative to the E46 M3. Ok, it did not offer balls-out thrills of the M3 but catered for diff. needs. It's after this, that there was a shift, and S no longer was a viable alternative to M or AMG.

I too hope Porsche re-align S with M/AMG. And not mass market RS.

:thumb: In total agree.

HKS786
July 4th, 2007, 17:24
Back to topic and this amazing AMG C63. I wonder what sort of time it will be able to achieve around the ring.

Has anyone any guesses?

not sure, it will be seriously quick though!

Leadfoot what you thinkin about the 0-60 times? Mercedes are sayin 4.5 but I'm sure it could do 4.3 if you can handle the car and drive properly!

I really like this C63, I've been watching spypics for ages now. There's so many new cars coming out. Looks like it'll be:

Audi RS4 vs. BMW E90 M3 vs. Lexus IS-F vs. Mercedes C63 AMG :)

KK265
July 4th, 2007, 20:41

Has anyone any guesses?

According to this kerb weight is 1730 kg.So i doubt if it is faster than an M5,M6.It depends also on tyres corsas or not...

KK265
July 4th, 2007, 21:54
[QUOTE=KK265;99297]According to this :
http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsID/2070704.001/page/4/lang/eng/country/gcf/mercedes/mercedes-benz-c63-amg-revealed

Thrives
July 4th, 2007, 22:02
Ermm, just a quick question ...

how much torque is it delivering? The original source for this thread cites 600 nm but the link just provided above notes 'only' 453 nm. There is a marked difference I think.

KK265
July 4th, 2007, 22:14

how much torque is it delivering? The original source for this thread cites 600 nm but the link just provided above notes 'only' 453 nm. There is a marked difference I think.

The right is this ?http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsID/2070704.001/page/1/lang/eng/country/gcf/mercedes/mercedes-benz-c63-amg-revealed

Leadfoot
July 4th, 2007, 23:19

The actual figure is 443ft/lbs of torque @ 5,000rpm and between 2,000~6,250rpm it have over 369ft/lbs. Sick isn't the word for what this thing will be like. It might not quite be as fast as the M5 but I reckon it won't be that far behind.

Arslanoff
July 5th, 2007, 00:15
Official photos of C63 AMG + info!!! (http://www.desktopmachine.com/press/150/Mercedes-Benz_C_63_AMG//10494/)
Key figures for the C 63 AMG at a glance:

Cylinder arrangement/ valves per cylinder: V8/ 4
Displacement (cc): 6208
Bore/stroke (mm): 102.2/94.6
Compression ratio: 11.3:1
Output (kW/hp): 336/457
at (rpm): 6800
Max. torque (Nm): 600
at (rpm): 5000
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (s): 4.5
Top speed (km/h): 250*

Seats are so cool!

http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/MB_C63-AMG_958_1024x768.jpg

http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/MB_C63-AMG_966_1024x768.jpg

http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/MB_C63-AMG_967_1024x768.jpg

Arslanoff
July 5th, 2007, 00:38
What do you think about the price tag, guys?

M3 owner
July 5th, 2007, 01:44
The front looks allot like the ML 63.It’s very masculine & very aggressive but I think the rs4 is a better looking car.

The interior of the AMG is very plain & that steering wheel looks out of place.
The RS4’s interior is much more appealing, you get a sense of occasion, even the Audis steering wheel is letting you know that the car means business.

The 0-100km time IS impressive.We will have to wait & c how she drives & handles.

I cannot wait to see the RS4 v M3 v C63 comparison.

Fab
July 5th, 2007, 06:54
I cannot wait to see the RS4 v M3 v C63 comparison. Well let's hope the RS4 does not end up in 3rd place :rolleyes:

MPT
July 5th, 2007, 08:18
I hope Porsche look at the current policy Audi are using and re-adjust it in a way back to the way it was.

"the way it was"?. What are you reffering to? I can't remember ONE (!!) old S-model which was as sporty as its previous M- or AMG equivalent!

E36 M3, and the B5 S4 - the Audi was just a joke compared.
E36 M3, and the S2 - not good for Audi either.
E39 M5 vs. C5 S6 - another S-model that wasn't nearly as good as an M-model.

What i'm trying to say is, that the S-modelrange has moved up towards being as good as the M-models, and the RS-models being even better (RS2 vs. E36 M3, C5 RS6 vs. E39 M5, E46 M3 vs. B7 RS4/B6 RS4 and so on). I agree with you, that M- and S-models shouldn't be compared, hence it is RS- and M-model that are the equivalent.

Regards.

KresoF1
July 5th, 2007, 08:21
Few more info about C63 options:

-030 Performance Package(stiffer suspension, LSD and even better brakes)
-280km/h AMG limiter
-Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires

BTW, unofficial Ring time is 8.10 with all three options mentioned above...

Price? In Germany at least €10000 more then M3 or RS4...
One last thing 0-200km/h: 14.7s(!) so, rumor is that C63 is faster in straight line then R8...

Arslanoff
July 5th, 2007, 10:27
Not bad for Merc )))
I like the exterior less then Audis or even Brabus version of C-klass, those fog lights of AMG squinting :eek: and mirrors are so huge (ugly).
But the interior is the best, i like the seats, i like the wheel, i like alum shift pedals, I like everything there!
I also VERY like the engine (6,3!!!!!), like the brakes, like the 7G-tronic, as on the S-class, hate the rear-drive! But the car looks as a veeery good rival of RS!

emc2rs4
July 5th, 2007, 13:33
do you think that MB AMG kinnda copy the idea of silver mirror from AUDI RS / S?

just my little 2-cents thought :D

HKS786
July 5th, 2007, 15:18
do you think that MB AMG kinnda copy the idea of silver mirror from AUDI RS / S?

just my little 2-cents thought :D

Hmm, I didnt think of that. But I think they done it because they added silver/chrome in other places. The "6.3 AMG" badge at the side, the new chrome grille, fog light surrounds etc...*bling bling* :cool2:

Toto89
July 5th, 2007, 16:18
"the way it was"?. What are you reffering to? I can't remember ONE (!!) old S-model which was as sporty as its previous M- or AMG equivalent!

What i'm trying to say is, that the S-modelrange has moved up towards being as good as the M-models, and the RS-models being even better (RS2 vs. E36 M3, C5 RS6 vs. E39 M5, E46 M3 vs. B7 RS4/B6 RS4 and so on). I agree with you, that M- and S-models shouldn't be compared, hence it is RS- and M-model that are the equivalent.

Regards.

You are only partly right...C5 S6 was the only true point from this list. B5 S4 was able to do 0-100kmh in 5.6 seconds, only a bit slower than M3 and from a 2.7L engine!
B5 was also older than E36 M3, E36 refers to B6 in Audis, and B6 S4 was also that fast but with different temperament and 1hp more than BMW (let's say equal).
But nowadays we speak about 70-100hp minus!
S cars were as good as M cars in the past...slightly slower in straight line, slightly faster around the ring (let's not talk about CSL...) but quite equal in power otuput.

Leadfoot
July 5th, 2007, 16:50

Regards.

In previous S models and by that I mean the S4, the car was the equal in performance or there abouts to the M3. The B5 S4Bi-turbo was slightly slower and the B6/7v8 was roughly equal, but the perform with the only thing that was similar, the driving experience was totally different and this was where the RS4 came in, it equalled the driving experience of the M3 but was much quicker in every discipline.

Like everyone here I thought that Audi would have come close to matching the old RS4's output like they had done previously (B5 RS4 380hp vs B6 S4 344hp) but this time round the gap isn't 36hp, it's 66hp. I reckon it isn't that Audi has changed that much as it's more a case of BMW have had to up their game to compete with the RS4 and the only way to do that it to drop the in-line 6 for a much beefier v8.

But one has to remember that the prices of the two cars (S4 and M3) aren't even close now, the gap has grown from the once £3K to then £5K to the now £10K difference of the S5 vs M3v8. The two cars on price alone aren't even in the same price bracket and as such aren't now competitors.

Leadfoot
July 5th, 2007, 16:56
Few more info about C63 options:

-030 Performance Package(stiffer suspension, LSD and even better brakes)
-280km/h AMG limiter
-Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires

BTW, unofficial Ring time is 8.10 with all three options mentioned above...

Price? In Germany at least €10000 more then M3 or RS4...
One last thing 0-200km/h: 14.7s(!) so, rumor is that C63 is faster in straight line then R8...

KresoF1,

Is this unofficial time of 8:10 to sort of time that Audi would have rumoured for the RS4(7:58), in other words we should expect something closer to 8:20, I sincerely hope not.

14.7s to 200km/h is mighty closer to what an M5 will do the same speed in, so it looks like my predictions of being very close to M5 performance was indeed true. I very much doubt the new M3 will just close to this, especially with a manual gearbox, I think it will need the rumoured DSG styled gearbox for that.

OfftheHeZie
July 11th, 2007, 05:06
Am I the only one that thinks this car looks bad. I hope not. It looks like a IS mated with an Evo. But I guess if you like the last generation IS and the Evo then it works. Looks cookie cutter to the very end, even the interior. Not the style I expect from Mercedes at all. I hope Audi does not go down this road in the future.

~Mason

RussianM3_dude
July 11th, 2007, 11:22
Rumor is, that the C63 actually produces more then 457 hp (due to marketing reasons) and it is only the exhaust that prevents it from getting 500hp +. Should pretty cheap to bring that car to 510hp. Should be a real monster. I predict it would be the King of super saloons, at least for a while.

KK265
July 11th, 2007, 17:00
http://www.germancarzone.com/c-class/15952-official-c63-amg.html

C 63 AMG VIDEO:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMfnCHFbLT4&eurl=

Tony Lam
July 15th, 2007, 11:46
I love it so much and i would like to order one myself and I think it looks better than RS4 but RS4 looks much better than new M3.

El_cucaracha
July 15th, 2007, 12:31
Audi Dealer in georgia told me that RS4 B8 will have 470+ HP

QuattroFun
July 15th, 2007, 17:39
C63 has a very nice - albeit surprisingly detuned - engine and the review suggest that the chassis is for once pretty good as well. However, the styling is so OTT/boy racer...I sure hope Quattro GmbH sticks to its subtle aggression style ala RS4 MkII!