PDA

View Full Version : 602Hp MTM RS4 tested in Auto Motor und Sport

J.Seven
November 18th, 2002, 15:11
Jezz, this thing is fast.

0-100Kph 4sec
0-200Kph 12,6sec . This is Porsche GT2 field.

327Kph Max speed

Iīll try to post some pics later on.

J.Seven

Erik
November 18th, 2002, 15:18
Seems fast, very fast...

We should have a sub 13 sec. RS4 on the forum too.

Once he gets his summer tyres back on you'll see more about this beast...

I guess it's the Hohenester 470 hp kit fitted to that car.

RS4
November 20th, 2002, 16:05
Originally posted by Erik B
Seems fast, very fast...

We should have a sub 13 sec. RS4 on the forum too.

Once he gets his summer tyres back on you'll see more about this beast...

I guess it's the Hohenester 470 hp kit fitted to that car.

There is a high 12 RS4 here. We can do a nice winter rally movie, just give me hand with a camera or two, then itīs rockīn roll.

Erik
November 25th, 2002, 00:41
Here are some pics of the car.

Arthur
November 27th, 2002, 15:57
Thereīs a lot of RS4 here in Stockholm, one of them is a red RS4 and the owner of this car spoked to me outside a Golfclub and said that his RS4 had 550hp and was tuned by MTM. Iīm not shure if he was telling me the truth or not but he had a MTM sign at the bagagedoor. Anyone els who herd of this beast?

The owner was a young man around 25 or something.

Erik
November 27th, 2002, 20:06
There's a red RS4 with more than that (claimed) around Stockholm, maybe the same car because his son drove it?
The son has a fast S3 by the way.

I was 1 second + faster than him in the Superstage :D and 2 seconds faster than the untuned RS4 (with slicks).

It's not all about horsepower...

I have pics of the red RS4 which I may post later.

Arthur
November 28th, 2002, 09:17
Thatīs probebly him.

SlvrBulletS4
December 2nd, 2002, 04:29
My name is Mark I own the AWE Silverbullet S4, it's a 2000 US spec S4. my car has gone from 0-124mph in 12 seconds flat(1/4 mile in 11.9@122mph) that was on K04 turbos, I have just performed modifications to it that should yield High 10 second 1/4 miles and 130mph+ trap speeds. These times were recorded on NHRA approved tracks here in the US with state of the art timing equipment. AWE also has a stock K03 turbo'd car that runs 12.4@113mph! check out the AWE site at www.awe-tuning.com !

BTW our cars were featured in the December Issue of European car, heres some pics of the cars from the photo shoot modified with some holiday cheer, my car has the silver ram air hood(functional) and the car with the carbon fiber hood is the one that ran 12.4 on stock turbos!
http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pages/main/mainpics/pic14.jpg

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pages/main/mainpics/pic7.jpg

heres a link to an 11 second drag run!
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/gallery/slvrbullet/awe_slvrbulletS4_20020418.wmv

J.Seven
December 2nd, 2002, 11:00
Congrats for your "monster" ;)

Have you made some internal engine modifications like new pistons and valves among others? How about the gearbox, have you reinforce it? Making 12Sec to 124Mph is amazing, and it indicates that you have at least 550Hp to 580Hp. Now thatīs more than the double the stock model has, so the driveshafts and other mechanical devices must all be reinforce to handle the huge amount of power. Can you gives a brief report regarding other modifications you made? Thanks in advanced.

J.Seven

Erik
December 2nd, 2002, 11:08
Nice car, nice video, nice website :cheers:

SlvrBulletS4
December 2nd, 2002, 12:58
What was accomplished thus far has been done with bolt ons, the car does not run crazy amounts of boost(1.5 bar) we have reengineered the intake/turbo/exhaust and intercooling systems to lessen our pumping losses throughout! there have been no internal changes to the engine and the only modifications to the gearbox is an AWE lightweight flywheel and 6 puck composite clutch! The S4 engine/drivetrain is very strong and we have not had any issues with it. The only 2 engines that I have heard blow up or break happened with either an over rev or nitrous use, and the drivetrains that are damaged have been done by people trying to speedshift(the S4 trans does not like that) When tuned correctly and safely they can and will handle incredible loads...These new turbos will be a big test on the system but with plans to only run 1.5-1.6 bar there should be no problems, wish me luck!

Thanks for the compliments-The car at the time it ran 11.9 had approx 485whp we are planning on 575-600whp with the modifications we have made to the system, take note we have not and will not sacrifice torque in our designs and this is what most likely seperates the performance we have achieved vs other tuners who have gone after BIG hp #'s but have lost torque in the process!