PDA

View Full Version : RS Timings

rs-6
June 23rd, 2007, 17:32
no way! an RS3??? that would be insane.
(with a RS8, did he mean an R8 or a A8...)

+44 Dave
June 23rd, 2007, 17:52
RS version of the A8. Dealer has already taken 3 deposits on it.

He told me Audi want to produce an RS version of every line they do.

I'm not beliving this till i hear more convincing proof. Quattro gmbh who produce all current RS models dont have enough room in their factory to produce an RS model for each range. Plus many top execs have often said the A3 and A8 will never get RS models.

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2007, 18:28
I asked him about other RS models and when these would be coming to the UK. He told me the folowing, which is not offical but at present this is how he understands it.

1st - RS6
2nd - RS3
3rd - RS TT and Diesel TT
4th - RS5
5th - RS8
6th - New RS4

This is at odds with what some of the magazines in the UK are saying but then again when was the last time they got it right. We know for sure that the RS6 will be launched Spring'08 but some of the info already posted talks of a Winter'08 launch for the RS5 which if true wouldn't leave much time in between for QuattroGmbH to get to the market place a RS3 and a TT/RS.

Both the TT/RS and RS3 will be QuattroGmbH's biggest selling models so production capacity will has to at least double before these two versions can hit the streets and as yet there has been no reports of the factory been expanded. So does this mean Audi are to farm product out to other sites or is there to be a delay after the RS6 until the factory work is competed.

Iceman
June 24th, 2007, 20:31
The new RS6 will be shown @ the IAA Frankfurt 2007 and will be in the German showroom before the end of the year 2007.
The same will be the case with the TTS.

Hans.

Audiphile
June 25th, 2007, 02:32
If it is true, an RS8 (A8) will be remarkable at the top end of the market. I will definitely consider one. I mean Merc does it with the S-Class having a high performance AMG and a V12. Audi adds the mid-performance S versions to boot. So, this could be believable.