View Full Version : 2007 Porsche 9ff 911 Turbo TRC 91

Duma
June 19th, 2007, 11:12
Specifications
Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo Flat-6
Displacement cu in (cc): 244 (4000)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 910(679) / n.a.
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 672(910) / n.a.
Redline at RPM: n.a.
Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: R20
Driveline: All Wheel Drive
Exterior Dimensions & Weight
Length × Width × Height in: n.a.
Weight lb (kg): 2865 (1300)
Performance

Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 3.1
Top Speed mph (km/h): 243 (392)

9ff Gives Wings to the Porsche 911 Turbo

What is it? It has 910 bhp and 672 lb-ft, takes only 3.10 seconds from 0 to 62 mph and offers a top speed of 243 mph, made possible by the modified double-clutch gearbox that goes with it. In the form of a convertible, with unbelievable 780 bhp resulting in 237 mph, it holds the absolute world record since October 2006.

A Supercar, Polished Up

Right, it must be a Porsche. But not just an ordinary one, no, it is the new Porsche 911 Turbo TRC 91 created by Nardo God 9ff. The artists from Dortmund turned the already extremely sporty bolide into one of the fastest and most powerful street-legal sports cars around the globe.

The supercar's 3.6-liter biturbo boxer' engine was modified in great detail. Not only two special turbochargers increase the performance, but also the sport air filter, larger injctors, modified cylinder heads and a stainless steel exhaust system with special manifolds as well as high-performance catalysts, and, finally, an extensive increase in engine displacement resulting in 4.0 liters. All modifications are perfectly harmonized by means of the reprogrammed engine control unit.

More Air for Everything

Thanks to the modified racing front grill, the engine is provided with more air while the brake cooling has been improved by - discrete - additional air intakes. A boot lid made of carbon allows a maximum weight reduction to 2865 lbs. Optimum performance is brought to perfection through revised aerodynamics enhancing the powerful Porsche's driving stability while creating an atmosphere of even more dynamic elegance. The monstrous inner workings, however, do not reveal themselves that easily to a layperson. The experts at 9ff confined themselves to a slightly lower front apron and elegant 20-inch wheels with a larger braking system.

New and shapely front spoilers, side skirts and redesigned rear wings add to the aerodynamic kit while the elegant and aerodynamically enhanced exterior mirrors are the crowning glory of the whole.

To sum it up, the 9ff Turbo TRC 91 was made for those among us who are real gentlemen - it is a decent horsepower werewolf.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/11/9ffturbo07_eng.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/11/9ffturbo07_int.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/11/9ffturbo07_06.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/11/9ffturbo07_07.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/11/9ffturbo07_04.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/11/9ffturbo07_02.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/11/9ffturbo07_01.jpg

David88K
June 19th, 2007, 11:53
wow what a dream!!!!!!!!sooo beatiful

Ruergard
June 19th, 2007, 12:56
Awesome car, and damn it goes! The coupé version for me though. Only one thing.. I wonder how the reliability is?

jonas_dg
June 19th, 2007, 18:44
engine: yes please
the rest: no thanks

Erik
June 19th, 2007, 20:36
engine: no thanks
the rest: could live with

Ruergard
June 19th, 2007, 22:16

Comments to this? Something you'd like to share with the us? :)

Or is you RUF-brain that's playing tricks? ;)

Erik
June 19th, 2007, 22:52
Comments to this? Something you'd like to share with the us? :)

I'm just reading what other people have written in different forums...

And don't forget what happened the the 9ff Cayman that EVO drove. Proof enough for me at least.

To each his own.

The RS6
June 20th, 2007, 07:37
the rest: could live with

Same here! I don't like the sound of those 9ff engines, to me they sound like they are gonna fall apart every second....
Overtuned maybe...?
Wouldn't want to live with that thought on my mind... :nono:

Erik
June 20th, 2007, 08:24
And I don't think the car on the pictures is a 997TT Convertible. Too good to be true. :noshake:

It's a C4S Cab. :rolleyes:

At least they didn't put on the hideous 9ff wheels. (me trying to be positive) :D

Ruergard
June 20th, 2007, 11:29

And don't forget what happened the the 9ff Cayman that EVO drove. Proof enough for me at least.

To each his own.

You might have a point there.. :doh: ;)

Agree on the wheels anyway! Those other wheels just look like... shit.

Leadfoot
June 20th, 2007, 11:38
Exactly the 9ff wheels are one of the thing I DO like about the brand. They remind me of the wheel which went on the 911(long body) Le Mans car from the seventies.

AndyBG
June 21st, 2007, 11:17
...At least they didn't put on the hideous 9ff wheels. (me trying to be positive) :D

VERY positive... :hihi:

It makes impression, that is for sure, but for the quality I can't judge, one that I know is running smoothly, so far, and it has some 700 hps.

Alltough, I'm more than sure that companies like TechArt, Gemballa or RUF have far more reliable cars, afterall, they are in busines for MANY years...

Erik
June 21st, 2007, 15:55
Quoted from 6speed...

look at the plumbing as well.. that's just a 996tt motor shoved in there too... And an early one at that! A 2001 model was the last one to come with the yellow oil filler cap Also it's got stock DV's on it. Hmm.

Still impressed?

PeterJohn
June 23rd, 2007, 07:41
Well, this is shaping up to be a regular hatefest. I don't like back talk and inuendo, so here's me making myself unpopular.

Are you reffering to this:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=982 border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=428><COL width=344><COL width=210><TBODY><TR><TD width=428>Still unconvinced? Well, consider that in an independent test by a German magazine, a 4.1-litre 414bhp version of the 9ff-converted Porsche Cayman that you see pictured here was a second quicker around VW's test track than the recently launched 997 GT3.

Unfortunately that same magazine, according to the diagnostics system, spent a good part of the day over-revving the engine. Unsurprisingly, it went bang. So rather than the 4.1-litre (modified from a 3.8-litre 997 unit), today we're driving 9ff's 'maximum performance' conversion on the 3.4-litre Cayman S lump, hastily dropped into the CR-42 demo car while a new 4.1 is being built.
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=344></TD><TD vAlign=top width=210 rowSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=772 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=772 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=982 colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>EVO 9ff Cayman review
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=982 border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=428><COL width=344><COL width=210><TBODY><TR><TD width=428>http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/201940/9ff_cayman.html (http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/201940/9ff_cayman.html)
rated 4,5 stars out of 5

I don't think Alois would be too pleased with tou, Erik. RUF avoids comparison with the other tuners. In fact I suspect there is some kind of agreement, or unspoken taboe, with the automotive media. Because I have yet to read a RUF review that even aknowledges RUFs' competition. But here you are, as a representative of RUF, challenging the competition with vague discrediting messages. RUFs' snooty attitude (and most of all RUFs' snooty fanbase) toward the other tuners is one thing. But directly attacking them in really something RUF can do without. Because you'll force a direct comparison of the cars. And most of these other companies are a lot more technically advanced. Some of them build actuel Porsche endurance racecars that you see challenging factory Corvette teams. Others go around breaking records to prove their skill. RUF will only be seen beating unmodified Gran Toursimo supercars. You go around talking smack about the competion too much, and you'll force the media to include RUF in their Porsche tuners showdowns. People will start to wonder why RUF doesn't show up at the tuner Grand Prix, but is not too shy to talk behind peoples back,
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=344></TD><TD vAlign=top width=210 rowSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=772 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=772 colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=982 colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I read a lot of 6speedonline and pistonhead threads. And RUF isn't bulletproof. You often get threads about how great customer service is, b/c RUF will swiftly send mechanics all over the world to fix your problem. That's great, but it contradicts the RUF mythology. If I remember correctly the R Turbo had/has a problem with its cilinder sleaves. The British Adam kid, whos father owns an R Turbo and an original CTR, had to take the car back to Germany on several occasions.
Not that I blame them. If you tune cars to this extent, with the budget of a small company, you can't anticipate everything. Hell, even the big budget companies make mistakes. It's all good aslong as the company treats the customer with respect, and fix the problem without a fight. However, it's not right that a representative of said company goes around vaguely questioning the reliability of the competition, as if they are spared from failure by the great divine.

Same here! I don't like the sound of those 9ff engines, to me they sound like they are gonna fall apart every second....
Overtuned maybe...?
Wouldn't want to live with that thought on my mind...

That's how an almost unrestricted Porsche B6 Turbo engine sounds. Ever been in the pitlane of an endurance race? You can feel the vibrations in your eyeballs. Yet they run full tilt for 24h.

Here's a Youtube clip of a 9ff exhaust on a 997 Turbo which is otherwise stock:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BT8JAhmY8dc (http://youtube.com/watch?v=BT8JAhmY8dc)

And if you go to the 9ff website, you'll see they make no secret about the engine block they use. And it's a new block off the shelf, not one pulled from a second hand 996TT. The guy/female who wrote the article is reckless with information. It also says that it has a Double Clutch gearbox. They probably misinterprited multiclutch. According to 9ff, it's a modified gearbox from the GT2.
With the amount of modifications made, it's really not important that it isn't the latest from Porsche. Nothing much is left stock on it anyways. And the 996 block is a proven design that goes back to the GT1 LeMans contender. That can't be said of the Carrera block that RUF uses. Isn't the RT12 engine based on the 3.8 Carrera S engine? Not that the RUF engine is bad. But if you fault 9ff for not using fancy new Turbo engines, you should definitley fault RUF for using the most basic motor block. Yellow cap. Are you serious?

You're mistaking if you think this is RUF bashing. They provide an excellent product and an excellent service. I think the CTR3 is a better looking and better concept than Porsches' own Carrera GT. And the mythology doesn't bother me either. Bashing the competition however, does. Especially since RUF avoid any real life comparison. The other companies deserve credit for their achievements just like everyone else.

PeterJohn
June 23rd, 2007, 08:15
And I am aware of the bad experience US customers had with the US importer of 9ff. If I'm not mistaken, 9ff has cut off ties with that company. They should've learned from RUF not to let anyone use their name. Life and learn.