PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Uncovered Spy Photos

M3 owner
June 18th, 2007, 22:25
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/country/gcf/spyphotoID/6070618.003/audi/audi-rs6-uncovered-spy-photos

AudiSuperDriver
June 18th, 2007, 22:36
My GOD...there is a GOD and his name is...Ruperst Stadler...RS6 with ZF Transmision and only 100ms for changes?that's a damn fast transmision and also 580HP and then another RS6 Plus with more than 600HP?Jesus...Audi is rocking the place...just wait to see all of this:)

Eckoman
June 18th, 2007, 23:21
HP wars are commencing .... the performance figures of this Quattro monster will be outrageous.

jonas21
June 18th, 2007, 23:39
lovely! the rims are looking damn good on the car (they are BBS CK, i have them on my RS6 :)
Cant wait to see the final car at frankfurt....whos coming?

AndyBG
June 19th, 2007, 00:57
I would now like to hear those AUDI haters, what they are going to say... what is wrong with this car !

BRAVO AUDI !!! :applause:

:addict: :rs6kiss:

S6driver
June 19th, 2007, 05:20
Beautiful..I'm going to be forced to move to Europe if this car doesn't come to the states. I don't think QuattroGmbH is done with this yet. Anyone else think the LED's will be in the headlights a la the R8 and the S5? This car is going to rock da house!

skiwi
June 19th, 2007, 09:11
i still think that it will have squared-off (think ur-quattro) guards, and i see enough evidence on these photos to substantiate this - to my eyes, the most obvious give-away is the petrol tank flap....

AndyBG
June 19th, 2007, 10:08
Litle more info, and same pic's, I think...

http://news.windingroad.com/countriesmarkets/euro/spotted-audis-v-10-rs6-undisguised/

roadrunner
June 19th, 2007, 12:44
...Anyone else think the LED's will be in the headlights a la the R8 and the S5?...

Same thing i thought - as Audi established the LED day running lights as a design and differentiation feature, i doubt that they will move away from that with the RS6.

greetings
seb.

Ruergard
June 19th, 2007, 13:08
Surely the LEDs will be there. Very strange if they aren't, though I don't think this is the finished car. We'll surely see a lot more changes... anybody shares these thougts?

But it's looking good, damn I wan't one! :D :addict:

ZeroCool
June 20th, 2007, 09:03
is it just me - or is this RS6 on the spy-photos NOT wider than a standard A6??

Leadfoot
June 20th, 2007, 09:53
Of course this isn't a finished example of the RS6, the panels will be wider but I doubt you will see the same extremes of this as you see on the RS4. After all this is still an executive saloon/estate car and as such certain looks are expected from these types of cars, look at the M5, E55 or S55 and you will see they don't stretch that far from the normal versions. I personally don't like the front nose, it's too much like the S-Line model of the A6, but it's better to be a wolf in sheep's clothing than the other way round.:hahahehe:

It's nice to see that some of the magazines are starting to show power figures that are in the range of the truth.

Ruergard
June 20th, 2007, 11:38
It's nice to see that some of the magazines are starting to show power figures that are in the range of the truth.

Yes, now they have guarded themself well. Writing 550-600 hp.. they've understand that Audi means business with the RS6. :hihi:

Leadfoot
June 20th, 2007, 12:06
Actually, after re-looking at the photos in WCF I think this is very close to a finish example of the RS6, sure it will have the L.E.D. lights but apart from that I reckon this is it. From some angles the wheel arches don't look any bigger at all but in others you can see a bigger differences between the S6 and this RS6.

If I had one I would de-badge it and make it a 2.7TDi S-Line, just think what the next M5 owner's face would look like when you roared by him. :hahahehe: As the VISA advert says 'PRICELESS' :hihi:

roadrunner
June 20th, 2007, 13:10
Actually, after re-looking at the photos in WCF I think this is very close to a finish example of the RS6, sure it will have the L.E.D. lights but apart from that I reckon this is it. ...

same thought - as i posted seeing the spanish mule http://www.rs6.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96118&postcount=11

Still think grill and air intakes are not final.

greetings
seb.

gmbh6
June 20th, 2007, 14:24
not aggresive enough.....but nonetheless it still looks darn good.

i bet the euro model will get wider fenders, led's, cool rims, a cool steering wheel, cool recaro's, etc... and the usa model will look just like the picture :doh:

why do they always cheat us on the mainland?

jonas21
June 20th, 2007, 15:45
"Hespen said Audi will continue its tradition of offering only one "RS" model at a time, meaning the RS6 will have to wait for the 2009 model year (mid-calender 2008) to enter the fold."

I dont think thats true. Look at the R8, it will clearly be built at the same time as either the RS5 or RS6. Well, a R8 is not a RS but it got the same engine as the RS4. I dont see a reason why to only build one RS model at a time. They have enough capacity to do more than one model. And RS6 and RS5 will be 2 totally different cars, i think Audi wont make themselves competition by building both simultaneously.

Leadfoot
June 20th, 2007, 15:48
not aggresive enough.....but nonetheless it still looks darn good.

i bet the euro model will get wider fenders, led's, cool rims, a cool steering wheel, cool recaro's, etc... and the usa model will look just like the picture :doh:

why do they always cheat us on the mainland?

Mainland ? :vhmmm: I think that statement depends on what part of the world you happen to call 'your home'. :thumb:

As for being cheated, I think you need to check out what things you get that we over here don't. Once this has been weighed up then see if you feel the same way.;)

Erik
June 20th, 2007, 16:22
You would have thought Audi could come up with something slightly more visually interesting for that V10 to live in... looks like the dull as dishwater passat with nice wheels.

Hey, it's not the real thing it's only a prptotype.

Leadfoot
June 20th, 2007, 17:05
I don't know if this is just a prototype or close to the finished article, the norm is for the manufacturer to cover the car's completely and only reveal the car close to the showroom launch. Now what happened with the R8 was what I said above, why would the RS6 be any different, it's close to being shown at the Frankfurt show in September which is only a few months away.:brag:

Though I agree that we aren't seeing the finished car in total.

Qisha
June 20th, 2007, 18:42
Dear Friends,

i know you all cant wait to see the final product but keep your faith. Everything will be allright! :D

Talking about fenders... take a look. ;)

Qisha

skiwi
June 20th, 2007, 19:25
exactly. the car has plastic cladding to cover the boxed fenders. look at the lines, and the colours.....

Leadfoot
June 20th, 2007, 21:23
Qisha,

Thanks for the image, it's looks like I was wrong assume about the car not being as extreme as the RS4. GREAT.

I will look forward to seeing the honeycomb grilles replacing the current one on this test mule.

Toto89
June 21st, 2007, 10:35
Personally i also think that those S5 mirrors are not the final things. I hope it will have really nice, unique mirrors, like the RS4 had in it's time.:)

AndyBG
June 21st, 2007, 11:35
Dear Friends,

i know you all cant wait to see the final product but keep your faith. Everything will be allright! :D

Qisha

Hey man ! ho are you !?!?! :D

THANKS ! :thumb:

Ruergard
June 21st, 2007, 12:38
Dear Friends,

Qisha

Say heeeeello! :hihi: :thumb:

stinsy
June 22nd, 2007, 19:50
Looks potentially too boring to me. The difference between the previous RS6 and the standard was much more obvious (and improved). It's mainly in the wheel bulges that I'd have thought it could have a more RS treatment. Let the current S6 be the wolf in sheep's clothing and let the RS6 be the wolf in wolf's clothing.

Of course the performance will be awesome, but I'd say a good part of my happiness with my RS4 is how badass it looks in my driveway. Hopefully these proportions are not final.

Don't like those rims either. They need the next level of RS6 rims.

Leadfoot
June 22nd, 2007, 20:50
I reckon rim wise you will see something like the R8 or S5 is style and of course 20" in diameter and 9" wide. :D

skiwi
June 22nd, 2007, 21:20
btw, there was no difference between the c5 rs6 and the s6 or v8 wrt the wheel arches....

Aronis
June 23rd, 2007, 03:04
Audi needs time to figure out their series of lies to tell the owners when their car has a problem. If they tried to bring out three RS type cars at the same time, they would not be able to keep all their lies straight.

Mike

No, not kidding.

Kev.S
June 23rd, 2007, 12:04
btw, there was no difference between the c5 rs6 and the s6 or v8 wrt the wheel arches....
Yes there was. I owned both S6 and RS6 and the RS definitely had bigger arches.

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2007, 12:19
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/04/audis606.jpg

Now check out the RS6 pictures from Qisha.
http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5208&d=1182361330

You can see that there is a difference. You have to remember that the basic bodyshell of this test mule is S6 and that is why what you see at the nose of the car is standard S6, I believe Audi are holding their cards very close to their chests with the real look of the RS6. But until the finished car is sitting in front of you guessing is all we can do.

HKS786
June 23rd, 2007, 16:10
Hello people,

I've been watching this site for months. Great site and I thought I should join. I've been watching posts from everyone. Gotta say that Leadie's posts are usually very good!

I joined mostly for the RS5 and RS6. Here's some more pics showing how wide the RS6 will be and here's a couple showing the hood vents (old pics I think though).

Overall I think the RS6 will be a beast. 5.0 V10 TT with 580bhp. So far we know it's gonna be wide, has a nice rear diffuser, bootlid changed and similar to RS4, smoked lights maybe? RS mirrors, hood vents, huge wheels...

Sounds amazing so far! I know it's beat the M5 and E63, all thats left is the price I guess!

skiwi
June 23rd, 2007, 22:46
once again, the c5 a6 v8, s6 and rs6 had the same guards.

part number 4B4800403a is the body in white for the rs6. same part number for the s6 and a6q v8..

ditto 4B3821105C which is the part number for the front guard - same number of each of the above cars...