PDA

View Full Version : Questions - Up coming overhaul and upgrades.

42TT
June 18th, 2007, 13:17
Hi Guys,

In the near future I will be doing a fairly big service aswell as some upgrades. What i plan on doing:

Fitting B&M Transmission Cooler
Fitting Phaeton Brake Ducts
Fitting new brake discs and pads (F&R)
Flushing brake fluid
Flushing transmission fluidI have some questions and these are:

Fitting B&M Transmission Cooler

What size are the factory line fittings?
Will the cooling system be affected if i place the cooler in front of the air-condensor behind the bonnet grill?Flushing Brake Fluid

How much fluid for a full system flush?
What fluid have people used with success and improvement?Flushing Transmission Fluid

What method can I use to flush the entire transmission? (ie convertor, valve body and gear circuits).I have been told that i can drain the old fluid out and drop the pan to clean and replace the filter. Then top of pan and run car while topping up fluid unitil level is correct. Then disconned return line from cooler and install a clear hose over the end and run car and let return line drain into a pan while pumping in new fluid doing this until the the colour of the fluid in the return line shows up like the new fluid. Just wondering if this can cause any damage etc to the car?

Someone said I could try disconnecting both feed and return lines and place the feed line into a pan on new fluid and return line into a empty pan and let the transmission draw the new fluid through while expelling the old fluid but not sure that the transmission pump has the suction required for this.

Thanks for your help
42TT

42TT
June 19th, 2007, 08:52
Anyone please?

42TT
June 21st, 2007, 13:59
Someone must be able to help me

42TT