- Scheibenbremse vorne u. hinten

- Topspeed ca. 170 km/h

- Beschleunigung 0-100 unter 3 Sekunden

- natürlich alles Eingenbau!

http://foto.renn.tv/web/video/GIXXERKART.WMV

http://www.ringmini.de/kart5.jpg

Snow
May 24th, 2003, 01:01
Kart-drifting, cool! :D Although I've seen that clip before it still amazes me...

A couple of questions though: First of all, I've driven a couple of karts, although nothing like that. ;) But were is the clutch? I didn't see it and from my own experience there certainly isn't enough room for a third pedal, so were is it?

Second question; I drove a kart on a sunny summer day and the brakes were...well, lousy because of the heat! (I almost had a serious accident in a hairpin because of the lack of brakes! Luckily I manage to do a 90 degree stop-slide.)
Disc-brakes they say, but can they keep up with the constant braking and weight?

Once again, that's a awsome kart! And the driver had a really nice shirt too..:hihi:

darkseid
May 24th, 2003, 02:58
Brakes? Who needs 'em? :hihi:

I was in Denmark recently, and tried the Roskilde Racing Center (http://www.roskilderacingcenter.dk/intro.html), the biggest Go-Cart track in Denmark. The thing you never needed to use, was the brakes, only thing you did was let go of the accelerator, and slide. ;)

One of the most fun things I have tried, and it was VERY tireing.

If anyone here goes to Roskilde festival this summer, they should swing by the Go-Cart track, it's a must. ;)

Snow
May 24th, 2003, 12:48
He he... Well, my experience is that you don't need them, but it's a lot quicker than doing a four-wheel-slide into every corner! :D

And I AM going to Roskilde, my favourite group/idols
:king: Metallica :king: are coming so I have no choice! I don't know quit yet If I'll be driving there or if I'm going by buss/train but IF I drive, I'll try to make a pit-stop at the kart-track!
How much does it cost for, let's say an hour of driving?

darkseid
May 24th, 2003, 16:47
That would cost you about 600 kroner. It might be much but it's worth it. Anyway you should try a half hour first, and try to stretch out, and see if your up for more. ;)

I had pain all over my body after a half hour, hehe.

Klint
July 11th, 2003, 01:41
Originally posted by Snow

A couple of questions though: First of all, I've driven a couple of karts, although nothing like that. ;) But were is the clutch? I didn't see it and from my own experience there certainly isn't enough room for a third pedal, so were is it?

Second question; I drove a kart on a sunny summer day and the brakes were...well, lousy because of the heat! (I almost had a serious accident in a hairpin because of the lack of brakes! Luckily I manage to do a 90 degree stop-slide.)
Disc-brakes they say, but can they keep up with the constant braking and weight?

Excellent, gobsmackingly fast!!

I'm sure the lead singer of "The Prodigy" (featured band: The Prodigy-Firestarter) would love that. He has a modified Honda Fireblade with around 190bhp at the wheels, that's on a bike that weighs in at 170kgs. Also, he was the first (and possibly the only) member of the public to receive a TVR Speed 12. TVR actually persuaded potential buyers to buy something more sane, yes that's right! :bigeyes:

:MTM: :MTM:

As for brakes, there are three on this Kart, two on the front wheels and one on the rear axle, all look like they have 4 piston calipers on them and are crossed drilled. Should provide enough Stopping power.

As for the no clutch. It's a motorbike engine. It is possible to produce a simple mechanism which engages the clutch as the gear changes. Straightforward. Cars such as the Caterhams and the Westfields, that have motorcycle engines for power, are sequentially gearboxed.

:cheers:

Snow
July 11th, 2003, 17:21
Ok, that explains a lot cncerning the brakes and clutch. Thought it was a bit weird not actually seeing the clutch. The stopping power seems to be no problem with those brakes... :rolleyes:

Hm, TVR Speed 12 you said? A further developed Tuscan Speed Six I suppose? That would surely be one-of-a-kind.

Actually, after the 911 Turbo (preferably the one from 1996(?) ) and of course a RS Audi, the Tuscan Speed Six is the car I want, I saw a Swedish car magazine on tv and was gobstruck by its looks and performance. A really cool car and also, not too usual. I cant imagine that there are more then maybe 10 or 20 TVR's in Sweden.

Klint
July 11th, 2003, 23:39
The TVR Speed 12 is nothing like the Tuscan Speed Six, except the use of two speed six engines, mounted together at the crank, to produce the 7.7 litre, 800bhp+, V12 powerplant. :D

Here (http://www.pistonheads.com/tvr/speed12.htm) you'll find the orginal TVR Speed 12...and here (http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=tvrtechnical&Number=2696) you'll find the later version. :D

:cheers:

Snow
July 12th, 2003, 14:54
Holy... I had no idea that they had produced a monster like that!! :MTM:

I like the original more than the Cerbera. But this Cerbera does look a lot cooler than the standard. But I guess you can't care less about the looks when you're driving it!

:D