PDA

View Full Version : S5 - Got Build Date

chewym
June 14th, 2007, 04:07
Yes, you are correct. Most say that it isn't as good as the RS4 is. But it can't because it isn't an RS5. In other words, they expect an S5 to be as good as an RS4. Others have also said that it isn't as sporty as a TT, again not the same thing. Should get much more favorable reviews when compared to similar coupes.

Sanjuro
June 14th, 2007, 14:19
I had a half hour in one a month back, Only thing I found to fault the car was that it felt like it was 1000 rpm short of the redline away from being an RS4.

It's got the same sort of feel as the RS4, it feels light - most unlike an S4, perhaps some think it's too light but I think the RS4 feels similar, it's engine rips along like an RS4 - but as I said it's redline feels like it's cutting you out early: but it's great all the way up there, the gearbox is sensational, interior and build the same (although the CD player is kind of out of place for Audi).

I found it amazingly good - sure not right on the edge like an RS4 but not as far off as some of the magazines had it. You will probably love it. I did.

great choice

chewym
June 15th, 2007, 01:44
The difference between the S5 and the RS4 engine is that 1,000 RPM.