PDA

View Full Version : TRANSFORMERS review

Benman
June 13th, 2007, 16:09
So I saw TRANSFORMERS last night at the Woodland Hills premier and thought I'd share my $.02...

I'm a Spidey fan more than Transformers per se, but even I'd admit this flat smoked S-M 3. For a "Guy Flick", it was all that. Great action, unreal special effects (better than the Matrix flicks, S-Ms, and dare I say, even Star Wars) and a good story with a lot of relief humor as well.

Now, no movie is perfect, and this one had a few "ghey" scenes to keep the women happy, but that was honestly, very short, less than 4 minutes total if you compressed it (including the corny scenes). The rest was pure violence, mayhem and arse kicking, excellent job.

I'd really be hard pressed to think there will be guys here (or anywhere) that will walk away from this movie dissapointed, it was that good.

As for the integrating TRANSFORMERS more into the "real" world, they did a great job. The GM "sellout" was a bit of a bummer, but not that big of a deal.

Very Good Movie and two thumbs WAY UP!!!

Any question, feel free to ask and I'll PM them to you so as to not "spoil" the movie for everyone else.

Ben:addict:

Duma
June 13th, 2007, 16:21
I cant wait that I download it

Erik
June 13th, 2007, 18:35
Downloading is forbidden so please don't encourage it here.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Benman
June 13th, 2007, 18:46
Downloading is forbidden so please don't encourage it here.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Spot on. I'm not one to preach, but theft is theft.

Erik,

BTW, you'll get a kick out of the Nokia crack they make in the movie... once again, American ignorance (typical Americans, one of the actors says the Japanese sure know how to make good phones!)...:applause: And weren't we just talking about that in another thread? ;) :D

Audihead
June 14th, 2007, 03:32
Spot on. I'm not one to preach, but theft is theft.

Erik,

BTW, you'll get a kick out of the Nokia crack they make in the movie... once again, American ignorance (typical Americans, one of the actors says the Japanese sure know how to make good phones!)...:applause: And weren't we just talking about that in another thread? ;) :D

Thanks for the review!:applause:

Benman
June 19th, 2007, 16:34
FYI...

There is a brief Audi appearance during one of the battle scenes. Not much, but hey...

Superman Returns had a bigger Audi plug as it was Lois's car (A3).

Ben :addict:

El_cucaracha
June 20th, 2007, 13:23
transporter 2 and the Ronin... in both of these movies audi A8 appears..

Benman
July 4th, 2007, 00:26
REMINDER!!!

Transformers is now out. Enjoy. :D

JavierNuvolari
July 9th, 2007, 14:03
:vgrumpy: Not here....July 19th:vgrumpy:

El_cucaracha
July 9th, 2007, 18:50
i watched it bon 5th of july in cinema.... it's my new favourit movie.. :D

noboost
July 14th, 2007, 04:15
Great movie. Must see for anybody that grew up watching the cartoon. No disapointments. Don't forget about Megan Fox:heart:

Bingocaller
September 24th, 2007, 21:34
Best movies I have seen since Lord of war! Damn I was on the edge of my seat because of all the action! A MUST SEE!

And that Megan Fox is SmOkInG!

Benman
September 25th, 2007, 00:02
Anyone else see it? :)

AndyBG
September 25th, 2007, 02:29
Anyone else see it? :)

Me... ! By the end of the week, I promise ! :hihi:

MR USER
September 25th, 2007, 08:43
I've seen it and I must say.... The effects are incledible.... I am not a fan of this grate american hero happy ending... thus did not like the last few minutes but the rest is just spot on violence!!!

Benman
September 25th, 2007, 15:54
I've seen it and I must say.... The effects are incledible.... I am not a fan of this grate american hero happy ending... thus did not like the last few minutes but the rest is just spot on violence!!!

I'd agree that the last few minutes weren't the best. There was also some sappy parts, but overall, very great stuff! And yep, great action scenes! :D

MR USER
September 25th, 2007, 17:05
Saw it a while ago and thought it was very entertaining. Having grown up with the original 'proper' Transformers, i thought they did a decent job. The effects are superb , of course there are some naff bits, but overall a very good job

You are soooo spot on... I guess for people in our age range it has some sentimentalism with it... kind of reminding when we were simulating battles while playing on the carpet!!!

If I could go back!!!

Bingocaller
September 25th, 2007, 18:29
Dont want to spoil it for those who hasnt seen it but didnt Optimus use to be a "flat nosed" truck in the old cartoons?

AndyBG
September 25th, 2007, 19:03
Dont want to spoil it for those who hasnt seen it but didnt Optimus use to be a "flat nosed" truck in the old cartoons?

As far as I can recall, it was !

Bingocaller
September 25th, 2007, 20:34
As far as I can recall, it was !

Thought so

So there is a bit of a glitch there :deal: