PDA

View Full Version : DRC problems - RS6 PSS-9 coilover kit

Audiline
June 12th, 2007, 11:40
Hi

I have a RS6 Avant 2004 mod and have, as many of you, problems with DRC and the springs. The car has been a disaster to drive lately and are much to soft and with some kind of unbalance in the suspension. In addtion there are sound from the rear suspension that makes it anoying to drive.:w:

I`m considering to change from the original set up to a Bilstein PSS-9 coilover kit. Any comments on that? Is it wrong to leave the DRC?

Have read an article about PSS-coilover kit and was wondering if any of you have any experiece with this set or similar options? :vhmmm:

Best reards

Audiline

ruxprncd
June 12th, 2007, 12:41
I am stock, but have read only positive comments about the Bilsteins...although Stasis-Ohlin (twice as expensive) is supposed to be superior even to the Bilsteins. Search audiworld RS6 forum and you'll find a lot of reviews.

PS - thanks for the scanned article

Audiline
June 12th, 2007, 13:04
but I will search for it. Thanks for the tip. All these problems with the DRC takes away the joy of driving the "beast"

Audiline

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5189&stc=1&d=1181655218

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5190&stc=1&d=1181655218

grizz
June 12th, 2007, 18:43
Hi i've fitted pss9's on my car and a customers , they are great ! the ride is firm but not harsh like a evo , there is no body roll and allows me to be more confident when driving hard .
Get rid of the drc and get a set ,you will wish that you did it months ago .

Audiline
June 12th, 2007, 19:23
Hi and thanks for the reply. It sounds like you are mechanic ( "mine and a customer..") What`s the correct cost for the set and the fitting?

Audline

grizz
June 12th, 2007, 19:44
Audiline ,
Yes i'am a mechanic , i've got my own garage , i supply & fit the kit's for £1500 inc vat..

Audiline
June 12th, 2007, 19:53
:vhmmm: ... I live in Norway so I think I will have to add at least 20% extra... I guess you are located in the UK. If possible I would have ordered and fitted it at your garage :mech:

It sound like the best think to do is to just forget DRC... and go for this set.

Thanks.

LIRS6
June 12th, 2007, 20:38
Yes, dump the DRC - I did so 2 weeks ago, installed the Stasis-Ohlins which are great, but I hear good things about the Bilsteins as well. You are not alone :
http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/29244.phtml

PeterJohn
June 12th, 2007, 21:14
MTM has just developed a DRC replacement:

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.php?nav=2&id=70

Wednesday, 06. June 2007
Neu: Gewindefahrwerk für Audi RS6!

Ab sofort bieten wir für den Audi RS6 Tyb 4B ein Komplettfahrwerk zum Austausch gegen das serienmäßige DRC Fahrwerk an.

Bei höherer Laufleistung empfiehlt sich der Umbau, da sich die Reparatur von defekten oder undichten DRC Stoßdämpfern und/oder Patronen sehr kostenintensiv gestalten kann, und sich oftmals nicht mehr das gewünschte Fahrverhalten einstellt.

Bei unserer Version wird das DRC System stillgelegt, und ein in Höhe, Zug- und Druckstufe stufenlos verstellbares Komplettfahrwerk verbaut. Die Tieferlegung beträgt bis zu 30mm, die Abstimmung fällt sportlich aus, ist aber nicht als hart zu bezeichnen.

Wir empfehlen den Einbau in unserem Hause, bei dem natürlich auch gleichzeitig die erforderliche Achsvermessung sowie auch eine TÜV-Abnahme erfolgen kann. Wir benötigen Ihr Fahrzeug dazu ca. zwei Tage.

-MTM Komplettfahrwerk Audi RS6 4B (Limousine und Avant) 1.799,- Euro
-Einbau 464,- Euro
-Achsvermessung 113,05 Euro
-TÜV-Abnahme 50,00 Euro

(incl. MwSt)

grizz
June 12th, 2007, 22:52
thanks for that , not a bad price .:)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=400 border=0><TBODY><FORM action=http://www.altavista.com/web/results method=get><TR><TD class=s bgColor=white>Immediately we offer a complete chassis for the AUDI RS6 Tyb 4B for the change against the standard DRC chassis. During higher run achievement the change is recommended, since the repair of defective or leaky DRC shock absorbers and/or cartridges can become very cost-intensive, and often any longer the desired handling does not adjust itself. With our version the DRC system is shut down, and blocked a complete chassis steplessly adjustable at height, course and compression phase. Setting lower amounts to up to 30mm, the tuning precipitates sportily, is however not as hard to be designated. We recommend the installation in our house, with which the necessary wheel alignment as well as a doing V acceptance can take place naturally also at the same time. We need your vehicle for it approx. two days. -MTM complete chassis AUDI RS6 4B (sedan and Avant) 1,799, - euro Installation 464, - euro Wheel alignment 113.05 euro TUEV acceptance 50.00 euro

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=s><INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=kls> <INPUT type=hidden value=utf8 name=ienc>
<INPUT type=submit value="Search the web with this text" name=search>
</TD></TR></FORM></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end: Target text (content) -->

<!-- end: Target text (content) -->

Hy Octane
June 13th, 2007, 00:03
Hi i've fitted pss9's on my car and a customers , they are great ! the ride is firm but not harsh like a evo , there is no body roll and allows me to be more confident when driving hard .
Get rid of the drc and get a set ,you will wish that you did it months ago .

Been thinking long and hard about this one.. You say there is no body roll. Do you notice any dive on braking or squatting during acceleration? Before repair, mine was completely flat and extremely firm with minimal rebound.. Since repair, it is much less firm, stable and with 3-4 rebounds per bump it cannot negotiate turns well anymore. It is a completely different car. Only when I have 4 people and a full trunk to compress it does it begin to approach what it was.
Thanks.

jimmy94507
June 13th, 2007, 04:46
Been thinking long and hard about this one.. You say there is no body roll. Do you notice any dive on braking or squatting during acceleration? Before repair, mine was completely flat and extremely firm with minimal rebound.. Since repair, it is much less firm, stable and with 3-4 rebounds per bump it cannot negotiate turns well anymore. It is a completely different car. Only when I have 4 people and a full trunk to compress it does it begin to approach what it was.
Thanks.

Sorry to hear your repair has issues. My car was like yours, firm and stable, rock solid performance wiht H-Sport sway bars at lots of DE's, about 34 track days. I've just had the 4 shocks (shocks showing seepage, yet no significant degradation experienced yet) and valves replaced at the final warranty service before factory 50K warranty expired. All seems fine but I haven't gotten back to the track to really verify performance.
Seems a shame they don't have a bullet proof proceedure to effect repairs which return factory delivered performance!! I'll report on mine when I get some track time.

Regards,
Jimmy S.

skiwi
June 13th, 2007, 11:23
ditto, mine is still great, but it is good to know that this option is available when required...

i quite like the idea of a little lower ride height...