PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Milestone 2!

jconley
May 22nd, 2003, 13:46
From my tracking site:

Production of your RS 6 has begun. The body assembly has been completed and your RS 6 is about to enter the paintshop.

iconcls
May 22nd, 2003, 13:59
Very nice J.

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 22nd, 2003, 17:56
Jordan, what's your commission number?

Congrats, bro...

Fru-T

jconley
May 22nd, 2003, 18:21
Originally posted by Mr. Fru-T Pants
Jordan, what's your commission number?

Congrats, bro...

Fru-T

It is E96429

Do you know what the number indicates?

Thanks
J

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 22nd, 2003, 19:30
No. I just thought they would go in numeric order. Mine is 07-----
I don't recall. Guess my hunch was wrong.

Fruitman

dabull
May 22nd, 2003, 21:48
Has anyone else got a VIN number for their car yet?

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 22nd, 2003, 22:41
I ain't even out of the corral yet, Bill. At Milestone 1, I think they are STARTING to THINK about making your car. ;-) I think most of us are in that same boat, fwiw. "Bull-y" for you, though<yuck-yuck>.

Fruitman

K04
May 23rd, 2003, 03:41
I belive the commison number is the indicator of when the order was placed into Audi's over all system since numbers are so far spread apart. My number is F01805 and I have the first alocation at my dealer. So all first allocations are being built and will be shipped togeather. so all you other first allocations who are getting worried :( why ours aren't moving and all these other guys are don't worry its coming soon. :addict: :addict: :addict:

jimmy94507
May 23rd, 2003, 05:21
My build week is 16 June.
I've been at Pre-planning/Milestone 1 for several weeks.
My commision # is E68559.
Looks like it doesn't have any relation to build week?

Jim

Finnus
May 23rd, 2003, 10:55
Milestone 5!

I just checked status, and Milestone 5 was entered as of 5/21. There's a day or two delay in Audi's checking the box, 'cause I'm checking status at least 5 times a day. . Here's how it's gone so far:

Tuesday May 13 Milestone 2
Thursday May 15 Milestone 3
Monday May 19 Milestone 4
Wednesday May 21 Milestone 5

Finnus
:cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 23rd, 2003, 11:52
Finnus, what's your dealership? I'm picking my ride up in N.Y. in August/September, at Mohegan Lake. Maybe we should meet up at some point, bro.

Fru-T

iconcls
May 23rd, 2003, 12:52
MS-2 myself.

Finnus
May 23rd, 2003, 12:54
Fru-T,

Yeah, let's definitely meet. Hopefully I won't have lost my license by that time. LOL. :devil:

My dealer's in Latham, NY which is just outside of Albany.

Where is Mohgan Lake?

Finnus :cheers:

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 23rd, 2003, 16:34
Dunno, exactly. I'm not as familiar with the State. I know it's a 10547 zip. Mohegan Lake is actually the city. I think it's up the Parkway(north) of the Big Apple by about an hour or two. Should be about an hour or two from Albany. I'll look it up on Mapquest.

Don't go hitting any deer, now...

Update: Mohegan Lake is on the northern side of Westchester County, about 35-40 north of downtown NY. Looks to be about 80-100 miles or so South of Albany down I-87, and a little east as well.

Fru-T

Speedracer
May 23rd, 2003, 16:36
Mohegan Lake is about 30 miles north of NYC. Mine's coming from there too. Probably in September. I live less than 10 miles away.

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 23rd, 2003, 16:58
Sweet...looks like a NY gtg. :addict: Any one of you folks wants to spot a couple of bunks for my friend and me for the night, that would be appreciated.
I have to drive back to Nashville at some point following the closing, and I would rather hang with some Audi folk than put up at a hotel. Of course, I'm not opposed to that, mind you...

:cheers:
Fru-T

dabull
May 23rd, 2003, 17:03
I think that I am losing confidence in the My Journey Website. Last week it said that my car had entered and completed Milestone 4 on May 16 and it hasn't shown any movement since then until this morning , now is shows that my car completed Milestone 4 not on the 16th but now the 19th .

Speedracer
May 23rd, 2003, 18:12
[i] Any one of you folks wants to spot a couple of bunks for my friend and me for the night, that would be appreciated.
[/B]

Fruit— Be glad to as long as I'm around when the car arrives.
BTW Sprint Blue just lives across the river (Hudson).

Speed

Speedracer
May 23rd, 2003, 18:17
[i]
Don't go hitting any deer, now...
[/B]

This is nothing to laugh about. MANY! deer collisions occur around here. Next to Lyme disease and having your gardens eaten, this is NO.1 PROBLEM.

Speed

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 23rd, 2003, 18:17
Thanks, bro. Much appreciate the offer...It'll definitely be situation dependent, I just thought I would go ahead and put out some feelers.

Fruit

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 23rd, 2003, 18:23
Originally posted by Speedracer
This is nothing to laugh about. MANY! deer collisions occur around here. Next to Lyme disease and having your gardens eaten, this is NO.1 PROBLEM.

Speed

Actually, I'm familiar with your situation. When I was touring with my band back in the early 90's, we played in Albany and NY City,
and travelling between the two(at 2 AM), we were amazed at the sheer numbers of does on the sides of the road, munching on foliage and the like. Had to be careful, for sure. 'Specially since I was tired as all get out. Fun trip, though. We played with a choice ska band in Albany, and they were amazing. Parking a Suburban with a trailer in the Big Apple was an adventure, though. Luckily, by that point in the trip, I was pretty adept at parallelling the big sucka. ;)

Fruitman

jconley
May 23rd, 2003, 18:44
Your band? You in the music industry?

Mr. Fru-T Pants
May 23rd, 2003, 19:13
To some extent...yes.

Fruitman

RS6FEVR
May 24th, 2003, 06:48
:cheers: jconley and iconcls :cheers:
Hope I move off ms2 sometime in the next couple weeks? :vsad:
With bull and finnus getting through all those stages, me wonders if their steeds will have to sit and wait while ours are completed to fill out the LTTL (less than truck load) boat ride? :confused: :confused:
Can't wait for the rush of moving through some more ms's!:trans:
Nonetheless, cool for you guys moving
:addict: FEVR
:addict: