PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning silver leather?

MichaelJP
May 22nd, 2003, 11:14
My RS6 has silver leather seats, quite pale in tone, and after 2000 miles, you can see that the frequently used drivers seat is slightly dirty.

Anyone have some tips on the best way of regularly cleaning these seats?

Thanks,
- MichaelJP

Thilo
May 22nd, 2003, 13:12
Hi Michael,

I have also the silver leather seats in my RS6. My dealer gave me a special cleaning milk that works fantastic. You get a cleaning milk and a UV protection lotion. Also included is a sponge to use with the cleaning milk. After nearly 5000 km and two times of cleaning, the seat looks perfect. I drive often with jeans, no problem to clean. The only part that doesn't work is the back part where the belt (of my jeans) touches the leather. I couldn't find a way to clean it, even my dealer has no idea how to clean this part.

After two cleanings, the leather gets even more resistent against new dirt. If you are interested in the product name let know. I am not sure if you get it in the UK.

Regards
Thilo
:bye:

MichaelJP
May 22nd, 2003, 17:08
Originally posted by Thilo

After two cleanings, the leather gets even more resistent against new dirt. If you are interested in the product name let know. I am not sure if you get it in the UK.

That would be interesting, thanks.

- MichaelJP

Thilo
May 23rd, 2003, 14:31
Hi Michael,

The name of the product is LCK "Leather Care Keller" Keralux with sun protection effect. It's made in Germany.

Art. No. 911032. It's a green Box.

Regards
Thilo

:trash: