PDA

View Full Version : HID Fog lights

Boosted-Bora
June 7th, 2007, 06:14
Has anyone converted there fog lights to HID's? I am trying to do so right now and I seem to be running into a big problem with the housing and latch style of the fog lights.

Any feedback would be great....

Cheers Drew

this is what the HIDs look like

http://xenon-hid-usa.com/images/100_2146.JPG

Boosted-Bora
June 8th, 2007, 07:15
wow no one tried this i thought someone would have tried at least once

42TT
June 8th, 2007, 08:39
Im also interested let me know how you go

Boosted-Bora
June 8th, 2007, 17:58
as of right now i am stuck due the fact that the bulb actually sits in the connector being that it is a H7 and has no actual wiring. Because the HID bulb has two wires (+) and (-) instead of little metal conneting studs I may try to buy a new back piece for the fog lamp and try to modify it to work.......as of now all i can think of is to splice the wiring but I am not a fan of doing that. I am soooo stuck on what to do :vhmmm:

audirs6sport
June 15th, 2007, 14:15
as of right now i am stuck due the fact that the bulb actually sits in the connector being that it is a H7 and has no actual wiring. Because the HID bulb has two wires (+) and (-) instead of little metal conneting studs I may try to buy a new back piece for the fog lamp and try to modify it to work.......as of now all i can think of is to splice the wiring but I am not a fan of doing that. I am soooo stuck on what to do :vhmmm:

I have actually been running HID foglights for a WHILE now. which brand did you go with? i've noticed that every brand is a little bit different....

check out my prior ebony pearl rs6 with blacked out headlight + 16000k low high fog hid

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5980

now, i'm running on completely 30000k.

i had to cut out the back part of the housing, where the initial connectors were. i dunno if you did the same thing or not.

Boosted-Bora
June 16th, 2007, 04:23
could you explain to me how you got the bulb to stay in the housing after cutting out the back of the housings.........also if you have any pics please post them.... Also any type of explanation would help me very much thanks in advance.

Cheers Drew

RS 6 AVANT
July 19th, 2007, 21:43
Don`t try this at home :D
Seriosly, original xenon color temperature is about 5000 K (it`s more white looking and has more lumens- it means- better light output/ performance). If you interested in styling- better looking xenon- you take 10000 K (blue looking) xenon or even more K (but it has less lumens- it means worse light output/ performance). Hopefully, you`d understood what I was trying to explain :)

Boosted-Bora
July 21st, 2007, 01:26
i understand you completly but I am actually doing 3200K which is a yellow beam output and i would really like to know how they were done because i have a kit at my house with no way to put them in.