finally, i decide to put down $ and to be proud owner of :addict:

but i can't decide what color to get:

some ref.

RED: 29000 miles $54950
GRAY: 17000 miles $52980

any thought would be appreciated. ^^

PeterJohn
June 5th, 2007, 22:47
Red. 99% of all cars are a shade of grey (I include Black, White and dark colours) It's depressing.

emc2rs4
June 5th, 2007, 23:02
but seems Grey has more options then RED (nav. / padel shift / dual power seat) and grey is selling cheaper

btw, I am new to RS6 with little knowledge so I am wondering are padel shift and dual power seat standard?

just curious becuz those two seems to me are standard equipments but some dealers put those under options.

tks for answering

AndyBG
June 6th, 2007, 01:08
Red, +1 ! :addict:

Tony Lam
June 6th, 2007, 02:07
I have a black one myself....I like dark color therefore I think "grey" is better:dig: and remember it is cheaper & less miles too!!

nene
June 6th, 2007, 03:21
I have a Gray one, but I'd get a Red one anyday.

emc2rs4
June 6th, 2007, 03:31
looks liked a lot of RS6 being sell in Chicago

too sad, none of them in GA

I can't even test drive or check car in person

probably I will get RED if nothing goes wrong with dealer or $$$

ruxprncd
June 6th, 2007, 12:28
paddle shift and dual power seats are standard.

i vote red :)

ruxprncd
June 6th, 2007, 12:29
ps there is a black one in FL with 30K miles for ~45K

Benman
June 6th, 2007, 15:47
Red is nice, but I'm biased towards Daytona. ;) :rs6kiss:

Ben:addict:

Ruergard
June 6th, 2007, 16:26
That surely is an tough choice, red looks awesome. Spotted an red avant a week ago or so and damn it looked. But, Daytona is one of my favourite colors for the RS6. Stealth mode is on with that colour.

Hard choice there.. but, red is more special.. I'd probably go for that! :addict:

emc2rs4
June 6th, 2007, 17:41
tks to all for suggestions :hahahehe:

Two things for me now to get this car:

1. not decide yet to fly Chicago to test drive and chk car.
(is it too risky buying a car without test drive and examine in person?)

2. try to find a very pro. shipping carrier and ship it all the way down to
"HOTLANTA" :snow:

steffenr
June 6th, 2007, 20:16
Red paint need alot of attetion, so it dosen't faid.

It would chose grey, or black more discret

ben916
June 7th, 2007, 01:00
There is something stealthy about a grey car, especially the RS6. A total wolf in sheeps clothing, so to say.

IMHO, Red is for Ferraris and Ducatis.

Just a side note, there was an RS6 (California plate RS6MUSL or something very close to that) that parked across the street from my house and I just happened to be at my neighbors house. I told him the technical specs on it and he was like "no way". Then the lady that was driving it started it up and he said something like "Holy Shnikies!" He also stated that he would have never guessed a grey Audi sedan was that awesome.

EATRICE
June 7th, 2007, 03:06
I was also considering the red one you're looking at. It's a nice car. I've checked it out. It had only one past owner and the dealer selling it was the original dealer to sell it and the dealer who maintained it. It's original warranty doesn't expire until late May 08 and it's certified so the certified warranty will go to May 1010. I don't know anything about the gray one.

Color-wise, I can tell you Red and Black seem to fetch a small premium on price. But it's really a matter of taste and no matter how many people think one or the other is better, you have to choose what fits your style and personality.

If you're not already working with a salesperson on the red one, ask for Larry T. He'll go down on that price around $2500. :)

P.S. If you buy it, you owe me a kickback for that tip!

emc2rs4
June 7th, 2007, 04:01
Yah, you were right. Larry T. is a person I contact but haven't talk to him yet because no time to make a call.

are you also interesting on this car?

we ceretainly don't want to drive the price up. :thumb:

I was offering close to 52k but he said "We can except you offer of $52XXX but the vehicle will not be certified, to certify the vehicle add $1900"

then I asked him about factory warranty, he said it's still under it.

I am confusing here, why do I want to add $1900 to be certified?
is that an extend warranty?

tks!

EATRICE
June 7th, 2007, 17:10
I bought another car. So no competition from me. Yes, A "Certified" warranty will add another 2 year Audi warranty to the car. I'm not sure if these 2 years start when you buy the car, or when the original warranty expires next May.

Larry didn't offer me a firm bid because he's a salesperson, not a manager. So if I were you, I wouldn't ask him anything more about pricing until you're ready to buy. Then, if you decide to buy the car, I would give him a bonafide offer of $52,500 with them including the certified warranty in that price. My bet is that his manager will accept that.

The car I bought was an exact equal in terms of options and mileage with the original warranty expiring in April (the Green one in Illinois). The price I paid with the certified warranty was $46,900. :)

emc2rs4
June 7th, 2007, 17:39
my wife she likes green one but me prefer red or grey.
that's a mint condition rs6.
you really got a good deal.

tks a lot for your tips...i will try to get down the deal. :jlol:

EATRICE
June 7th, 2007, 17:49
my wife she likes green one but me prefer red or grey.
that's a mint condition rs6.
you really got a good deal.

tks a lot for your tips...i will try to get down the deal. :jlol:

Funny, I liked the green and my wife liked red, blue or gray.

I noticed you're in Chicago which is close to where the green one was for sale. Have you seen or driven it?

:addict:

emc2rs4
June 8th, 2007, 03:21
Currently I reside in Atlanta becuz of work.
buy fly to Chicago occasionally.

yah.....we were on yellow one, then look at same car (green)... interesting though ^^

Enjoy your ride.