PDA

View Full Version : Sweden: Goodbye M, Hello RS4!

mbolo
June 3rd, 2007, 18:15
After years supporting M Gmbh, I've now finally taken the step over to Audi and the RS4. Picked up my new B7 sedan the other week and am in absolute heaven. What a car! Every element is slightly better than I had expected it to be. And I was expecting a lot..

Black on black with all the goodies except rear curtains. I'll post some pics as soon as I've got a photo-op and my camera stops playing up. Anyone else on the Swedish west coast?

Saw the new R8 on the way home (autobahn) and also took the liberty of humiliating a new Aston Martin Vantage V8 too. And I still room in the back and carried luggage too.. :incar:

So, in short: :rs4kiss:

Ruergard
June 3rd, 2007, 18:24
Great to hear this! Looking forward to pics! :thumb:

Where on the weastcoast do you live? :)

mbolo
June 3rd, 2007, 21:15
After years abroad I've finally decided to move back to where I was born, Gbg.

Great to hear this! Looking forward to pics! :thumb:

Where on the weastcoast do you live? :)

Ruergard
June 3rd, 2007, 22:04
After years abroad I've finally decided to move back to where I was born, Gbg.

Good choice man! That's the spot to be! I hope to see you car around on the streets soon then!

Get your camera working now! Otherwise I might can help you with some pics? I'm a hobby-photographer and I'd love to take some pics of an RS4! :rs4addict

AndyBG
June 4th, 2007, 00:09
Fantastic !

Enjoy it ! :rs4addict

emc2rs4
June 6th, 2007, 01:45
the reason I decide to go after is "automatic"

RS6 is the only one that has great performance with auto. (ps. after tones of search, MB only E63 AMG I like but that cost me too $$$ and I would rather put into stocks)

the story is liked this:

W: what car you wanna buy?
Me: just an Audi
W: how much?
Me: around $60k~70k
W: oh....oh.... you like it?
Me: yes, love that car and looking
W: can I drive it when you buy it?
Me: hm.....probably.....NOT, becuz it's manula....but wait I can pay you tuition to learn how to drive this beautiful car
W: NO WAY, unless it's a automatic or YOU CAN NOT BUY, OK...PERIOD!
Me: ......><~~~ start to search alternative car

by the way, I was very into RS6 in 2005 and at that time it's very hard to find a used one not like now....bunch of in the market.

guess this is my fate to RS6 after 2 years

Good luck to myself to find a decent one

Erik
June 6th, 2007, 07:11
Congratulations to your new car!

Got pics? ;)

Leadfoot
June 6th, 2007, 11:28
Driving style are different between rwd and awd which will take time to get use to, so there is little point of asking which you prefer, but one thing should be easily answered, do you really feel the difference that the extra power the RS4 has over the M3.

It's a nice combination black on black, just the as my S4 was.:thumb:

mbolo
June 12th, 2007, 18:31
Driving style are different between rwd and awd which will take time to get use to, so there is little point of asking which you prefer, but one thing should be easily answered, do you really feel the difference that the extra power the RS4 has over the M3.

It's a nice combination black on black, just the as my S4 was.:thumb:

Have driven the car for another week and the impression is still impeccable. The M was definitely a car with soul, but the major difference compared to the RS4 is that the M had it's bad days too.. Rattles, squeeks, little things.. The RS4 just sits there, and rides with such confidence that it blows me away every time.

In terms of power, there's no doubt. RS4 is far superior.. :rs4addict
First gear is tricky, because there's so much grunt but the proceeding gears hit with the same impact as first. The best "holy sh*t! - moments" are in second gear above 4000rpm. Amazing pull and confidence at the same time.

If Audi continue creating cars that perform like this with this kind of quality, I won't be going back to M for a long time.. :rs4kiss:

mbolo
June 12th, 2007, 18:32
Congratulations to your new car!

Got pics? ;)

Erik,

I know I know. Almost instant ban for not showing pictures yet. My younger brother (19) is moving back from the states this summer and has developed a keen interest in car photography. He's also developed a real talent for it too, so I thought I'd let him do the honours in a couple of weeks.

When he does, I'll be posting them right away..:)

Leadfoot
June 12th, 2007, 19:35
The M was definitely a car with soul, but the major difference compared to the RS4 is that the M had it's bad days too.. Rattles, squeeks, little things.. The RS4 just sits there, and rides with such confidence that it blows me away every time.

This is something that most BMW owners find hard to believe that the Audi RS4 just fills you with so much confidence, especially on unfamiliar roads. But there is no denying that M cars have soul, but I always felt they were a rough diamond compared to the polished gem that is Audi RS cars.

Glad you feel the same way.:thumb:

mbolo
June 26th, 2007, 19:56
As promised, here are a few pics of the beast.
Fully de-badged and enjoying the sunset.. :rs4kiss:

front
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3706/audisunsetfrontcs2.jpg

rear
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5711/audisunsetuf8.jpg

really rear
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8373/img9726pc8.jpg

Damienr8
June 26th, 2007, 20:42
Man that rear shot Looks MEAN. I would run from the sight of that if I saw it on the streets. lol. Excellent choice.

Duma
June 26th, 2007, 21:52
great pics and car !

Ricoloco
June 26th, 2007, 21:54
Have driven the car for another week and the impression is still impeccable. The M was definitely a car with soul, but the major difference compared to the RS4 is that the M had it's bad days too.. Rattles, squeeks, little things.. The RS4 just sits there, and rides with such confidence that it blows me away every time.

In terms of power, there's no doubt. RS4 is far superior.. :rs4addict
First gear is tricky, because there's so much grunt but the proceeding gears hit with the same impact as first. The best "holy sh*t! - moments" are in second gear above 4000rpm. Amazing pull and confidence at the same time.

If Audi continue creating cars that perform like this with this kind of quality, I won't be going back to M for a long time.. :rs4kiss:

Welcome to the club! Man, just wait until wintertime, the Beemers looks like Bambi on Ice on your trips to the mountains while you will just be able to enjoy the ride... Phantom Black is the best, just a shame you didnt pick the Avant... :thumb:

Julz RS4
June 27th, 2007, 04:30
Congrats mbolo for your RS4 and thanks for those great sunset pictures. :rs4addict

RSfan
June 27th, 2007, 09:03
I can't see the pics :(

mbolo
June 27th, 2007, 09:56
Welcome to the club! Man, just wait until wintertime, the Beemers looks like Bambi on Ice on your trips to the mountains while you will just be able to enjoy the ride... Phantom Black is the best, just a shame you didnt pick the Avant... :thumb:

Haha, well a friend of mine has the avant and I didn't want to "double up". Kind of like going out and buying the exact same sweater..

Was that you down at the airstrip againts the ML? That's one fast SUV, but the Avant has so much more elegance. With a little higher revving you would have been in front, I'm sure.. :incar:

Ruergard
June 27th, 2007, 11:38
I like what I see! :thumb:

mbolo
June 27th, 2007, 13:59
I like what I see! :thumb:

Ruergard: Suspect you're a fellow Gbg-are. Can you guess the location?

Ruergard
June 27th, 2007, 15:46
Ruergard: Suspect you're a fellow Gbg-are. Can you guess the location?

Sure I am!
But I can't figure it out, lost on this one.. :jlol:

Where is it? :)

mbolo
June 27th, 2007, 16:34
Sure I am!
But I can't figure it out, lost on this one.. :jlol:

Where is it? :)

hovås båthamn, towards näset

Ruergard
June 27th, 2007, 19:54
hovås båthamn, towards näset

Stupid me... a nice photolocation it is! Especially at sunset! :)

mbolo
June 28th, 2007, 08:14
Man Congrats!!

I'm stuck at the moment with my bmw, till i can afford an Audi ;)

But i have a little beg,
could you take some high res pics like the one you posted.
They would be amazing wallpapers!?

:rs4kiss:

OK, we'll see what we can do. There's a whole lot more- I'll just need my brother to prepare them. He's the talent- I'm justs the driver.. :hihi:

mbolo
June 28th, 2007, 14:44
Posting on behalf of mbolo (bronto here, his brother):

this would make his perfect avatar but it doesn't seem like you can have customs right?
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6413/audifrontgraffitiavatarxx7.jpg

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1319/audirs4crazycloudsdw9.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5401/audisunsetfrontod8.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5052/audisunsetid3.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7659/bwaudilq6.jpg

these pics are 1024x768, if you want bigger just pm Bronto(I'll become a member here shortly:)) I'll try and convince my brother for some more photoshoots, the weather has really sucked here lately and I wanna try some different environments. that cas is just amazing!

BroddvonBronto
June 28th, 2007, 14:47
Nice photos Mbolo ;)

ps. some dude took my screenname.. grrr

sebbe67
June 28th, 2007, 16:45
Thats a beutiful RS4! Great photos too:applause:

Smirre
July 2nd, 2007, 07:50
Nice pics, and a nice car.... :rs4addict I were on the westcoast last week with my RS4, to bad that we dident meet up for a foto up. :)
My memorie om Guthenborg is rain rain and more rain.... :)

BroddvonBronto
July 2nd, 2007, 11:35
THanks for the comments guys:) if anybody wants a little photosession I'd be happy to set something up.

smirre: yeah, it's been raining here non-stop for the last days..
have you by chance been taking your monster to the ring yet or is the avatar just for fun?

BroddvonBronto
July 8th, 2007, 13:58
Hell yeah, i would like to join the photosession if you could give me a Rs4 ;)

Btw. we had an exhibition yesterday, where some officials from audi visited us.
It was a pleasure walking round the parking lane *grin*
I hope they take me for some work in the future ;)

Doesn't need to be a rs4..
What kind of exhibition? automobiles or other stuff?
Hehe, I can imagine the line-up there:)

BroddvonBronto
August 12th, 2007, 15:07
Nice pics, and a nice car.... :rs4addict I were on the westcoast last week with my RS4, to bad that we dident meet up for a foto up. :)
My memorie om Guthenborg is rain rain and more rain.... :)

Are you going to visit gbg any more this summer or fall? Shoot me a pm if so and we'll do a photoshoot, I'm longing to drive to some old warehouses or factorys on hisingen to take pics. that would be awesome :) :rs4addict