PDA

View Full Version : Video: Modded B5 S4s against modded E60 M5s!

Ruergard
June 2nd, 2007, 10:37
That 2.7 ltr TT V6 engine is still quite an engine... :revs:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_jQuFhfWy-I

Leadfoot
June 2nd, 2007, 18:04
I most say it great to watch but I have a question. I was under the belief that a stage 3 S4v6 kicked out about 345hp and the stage 4 was 415hp, is this wrong ?

Even if these power figures of mine are a little low surely the M5 would have them both as I have seen on a difference site where a 600hp RS4 B5 still got whipped by an M6 ;) (a bit suspect) and though it's a little quicker than an M5, the difference is still quite small.

Ruergard
June 3rd, 2007, 10:10
I most say it great to watch but I have a question. I was under the belief that a stage 3 S4v6 kicked out about 345hp and the stage 4 was 415hp, is this wrong ?

Even if these power figures of mine are a little low surely the M5 would have them both as I have seen on a difference site where a 600hp RS4 B5 still got whipped by an M6 ;) (a bit suspect) and though it's a little quicker than an M5, the difference is still quite small.

I'm as lost as you. But over here a B5 RS4 with slightly over 600 horsepower kicked the sh*t out of an M5 last year.

But I can't understand how those S4's keep up... anybody who know more about this video? :vhmmm:

EvilEmpirE
June 3rd, 2007, 19:29

Hi there guys.........

That is my 02' S4 Avant in the first races against the E60 M5's. Your info is correct on say "European Scale" of tuning. In Europe for example....Highly touted MTM Tuning for the 2.7T S4, Stage 3 is about 340 HP (which is just Chip/ECU and Exhaust) and Stage 4 is 415 HP. After that....Stage 5 and so forth up the S4 to over 450+ HP.

The "Stage" designations are a little bit different in the US. A "Stage 2" here in the US, is Chip and Exhaust....the equivalent of MTM's "Stage 3" in Europe. Another example would be Stage 5, which would be the equivalent of Stage 3 in the US. I know it is confusing.....but basically, in Europe....they use "too many" Stages in designations IMHO. Here, we keep it more straight forward and simple. To simplify it...it basically goes like this. Stock B5 2.7T V6 S4 in the US is rated at 250 bhp and 270 foot lbs. of torque. The following Stages bumps it up accordingly.

Stage 1 = Just a Chip or ECU tune ---> power to the 310-320 HP and 360+ foot lbs Torque range

Stage 2 = Adds an Exhaust to Stage 1 ---> power to the 325-330 HP range

Stage 2+ = Adds Downpipes to Stage 2 ---> power upped to the 350-360 HP range

Stage 3 = Adds upgraded but still Audi OEM RS4 K04 Turbos, as well as FUELING, which consists of (bigger injectors, MAF, and K04 software). This yields about 450-460 HP and about the same Torque. On Racefuel.....a Strong or Healthy, well-tuned/running Stage 3 car will make 525-550 HP.

Tha about sums it up. Here is the Kit I am running on my car....it is an AWE-Tuning RSK04 kit, but with some "personal tweaks" to bump up power even more so. Hope this helps;):incar:

http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_detail.cfm?PMaI=1&PMoI=4&PEI=6&PP=s4_27t_drivetrain.cfm&PPT=Drivetrain&IL=rsk04

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/products/awe/rsk04/awe_rsk04_dynosheet_crank.jpg

EvilEmpirE
June 3rd, 2007, 19:32
I'm as lost as you. But over here a B5 RS4 with slightly over 600 horsepower kicked the sh*t out of an M5 last year.

But I can't understand how those S4's keep up... anybody who know more about this video? :vhmmm:

my car on those Videos was in the 530-550 HP range.......I was running a combination mix of racegas and pumpgas fuel. Same with my friend's S4 sedan in that Video.:burnout:

PS. to Leadfoot......those videos of that Yellow "tuned 600 bhp) B5 RS4 getting whipped by an M6 is well, "misleading" shall we say. There is NO WAY that RS4 was making 600 bhp, because if it was, it would have walked the M6 handily. I am guessing that RS4 was making somewhere in the 450 BHP range (just a Chip and "maybe" Exhaust). My buddies Stage 3 S4 with the same identical setup as me pulled on his friends stock/standard M6 while doing comparison/video runs. I am trying to get an M6 out as well to do some comparisons. Lates

Ruergard
June 3rd, 2007, 22:24
Everything sorted out and I learnt a lot of new things. Thanks and welcome aboard! :thumb:

Your S4 flies man, but I'm wondering. What happens above 200 km/h where the M5 really gets going for it's power? Neck and neck or are you pulling away on racefuel?

EDIT: What's the personal tweaks you've done to your S4? :revs:

Leadfoot
June 3rd, 2007, 22:29
Ruergard,

I reckon the S4 will still be pulling away, remember this are rolling start which will work to the M5's advantage and the fact it's SMG will also make it's gear changes much quicker, no I feel the S4 will still be ahead.

EvilEmpirE
June 3rd, 2007, 22:49
Everything sorted out and I learnt a lot of new things. Thanks and welcome aboard! :thumb:

Your S4 flies man, but I'm wondering. What happens above 200 km/h where the M5 really gets going for it's power? Neck and neck or are you pulling away on racefuel?

EDIT: What's the personal tweaks you've done to your S4? :revs:

Thanks for the kind words.....

Above 200 kmh (or 125 mph)....I believe I am still "inching away" though I am not "pulling anymore". As you know....the higher the speeds get, the more it will favor the M5 (especially with almost twice the displacement and better gearing). But on all of our runs....we hit at least 140 MPH or so before we shut down.....not sure how many km/h that is, but I am guessing 220 km/h or so? The S4 will still be ahead.....it is very hard to make up 2-3 cars, even up top. You have to be making alot more HP than the other car at those speeds to make up the difference. I could do some more comparisons say from 150 km/h and up......but it get kind crazy above 240 km/h....at least on US roads:hihi: We don't have an Autobahn where we could....and I don't want to call my wife to bail me out of Jail:D

Oh....personal tweaks are via the Revo Lemmiwinks program and my laptop. Basically I run close to the same boost (20 psi that the kit runs)....maybe 1 psi more, but i've added some timing and fueling....to get a better power curve out of the kit. It still makes about the same "peak HP".....but the area under the power curve is enhanced. Cheers......

EvilEmpirE
June 3rd, 2007, 22:51
Ruergard,

I reckon the S4 will still be pulling away, remember this are rolling start which will work to the M5's advantage and the fact it's SMG will also make it's gear changes much quicker, no I feel the S4 will still be ahead.

correct.....these races were from rolling starts and favor the M5. They are getting Pulley's installed (which will add about 20-25 whp supposedly and we'll try it again). And those things definitely shift very fast!! I was impressed.....and the sound on those things.....it just WOW:jlol:

Ruergard
June 4th, 2007, 11:14
Thanks for the kind words.....

Above 200 kmh (or 125 mph)....I believe I am still "inching away" though I am not "pulling anymore". As you know....the higher the speeds get, the more it will favor the M5 (especially with almost twice the displacement and better gearing). But on all of our runs....we hit at least 140 MPH or so before we shut down.....not sure how many km/h that is, but I am guessing 220 km/h or so? The S4 will still be ahead.....it is very hard to make up 2-3 cars, even up top. You have to be making alot more HP than the other car at those speeds to make up the difference. I could do some more comparisons say from 150 km/h and up......but it get kind crazy above 240 km/h....at least on US roads:hihi: We don't have an Autobahn where we could....and I don't want to call my wife to bail me out of Jail:D

Oh....personal tweaks are via the Revo Lemmiwinks program and my laptop. Basically I run close to the same boost (20 psi that the kit runs)....maybe 1 psi more, but i've added some timing and fueling....to get a better power curve out of the kit. It still makes about the same "peak HP".....but the area under the power curve is enhanced. Cheers......

Alright. Interesting! :s4Addict:
Yes, somewhere arond 220 km/h, very true. It's hard to catch up at those speeds. I'm impressed by your S4. Really goes..

Ah, okay! Nice! Thanks once again, always nice to sort things out! Keep the videos comming! ;) :thumb: