PDA

View Full Version : EVO Group Test S3 vs 130i vs Alfa vs Mazda 3MPS

Leadfoot
June 1st, 2007, 10:40
After reading the R8 group test were the R8 took apart the competition. :hihi: :R8:

I turned to the other group test of interest, the Audi S3 against it's main rival, the new 3dr 130i M/Sport. Even though in the summary, all the road-testers preferred the 130i because of it's rwd chassis, the S3 did exactly what the R8 did to it's competition, it's took them apart in every exercise. It out-classed them on the track, in acceleration, on the roads and with it's supreme quality.

It make me wonder to myself, why have they not got the S5 just right, right from the off? I hope that what has been achieved with the S3 can be improved with the new TT/S as if it fulfills what it promises then it will be one hell of a car, regardless of the engine choice.

tazsura
June 1st, 2007, 10:55
Leadie, have you read the review of the A5 3.0 TDI in the issue yet? In that, one of the Audi engineers explains how the board want th A5 to retain the 'Audiness' in terms of feel...and therefore the balance of the car was lent, once again, toward understeer.

It leads me the conclusion, once again, that Audi have held back on the S5. No doubt the RS5 will address issues whole hearted and blow everyone away!

I refuse to read or look at anymore things to do Re: the new S3. I just want one more and more everytime! The test results were very impressive. Split decision was a bit unfair I thought as the S3 was, as EVO said, ahead on points. The Creamy 6 in the 130i is a peach though.

Taz :love:

PeterJohn
June 1st, 2007, 15:13
Maybe Audi is deliberatly holding the S5 back to make a future Magnetic Ride option look even more attractive.

Leadfoot
June 1st, 2007, 19:48
Maybe Audi is deliberatly holding the S5 back to make a future Magnetic Ride option look even more attractive.

Well now that is interesting because I have heard rumours that the A5 range is going to be offered this option sometime soon, maybe next year with the introduction of the A4 and this will also coincide with the introduction of a 7sp DSG.

I hope these rumours turn out to be true.:thumb: