View Full Version : RS4 B7 + Milltek?!

Ricoloco
May 30th, 2007, 23:05
Have decided to upgrade the exhaust. Very confused about all the options, not really sure what to get.

Want the sound to be a little more noisy when driving normal without using the S-button. Clearification - a LITTLE more noisy (not screaming...) But when using the S-button and getting more revs, I would like all hell to break loose!

What package should I choose?!

Would be great to get some quick answers, going to order as soon as possible!

cally
May 31st, 2007, 02:09
i would choose RSQuatro that brand exhaust. that screams like hell when revs up.. have you herd of it??

Ricoloco
May 31st, 2007, 18:14
Really nobody who is familiar with Milltek systems?!

oilman4345
June 1st, 2007, 07:55
Why not phone the guy who owns Milltek (Andrew Millington ) He explained all to me before I bought my Milltek. There are several variations on a themee (resonated v non-resonated and valved v non-valved) and better to speak to him.

MR USER
June 1st, 2007, 09:08
I hard the milltek of Webbah quite well! there is a thread here called RSunday in switzerland.

We went up the mountains araound geneva and he had his milltek installed... is just wat you need. Is a bit less discrete than standard but under hard acceleration when warm above 5k rpm.... OOOOO MMMYYYY

Sounds just violent! Go for it! THere are some videos in the above mentioned thread but I do not remember is you can actually spot the sound difference... (you definitely can when you hear it live!!!) Is the black Avant in the video...

Ricoloco
June 1st, 2007, 10:20
Seen the video, very nice!

Does he got the valved catback non-resonated and stock original downpipes?
Thats the system I´m thinking about.

MR USER
June 1st, 2007, 14:24
I think that is what he has now... but back then he had the unvalved one.

In any case it just sounds incredible... being behind him in several occasions when we were both accelerating hard.... was as sweet as honey! Go for it, if is sound you are looking for you will not regret it!

oilman4345
June 1st, 2007, 17:27
Unvalved non resonated is wonderful outside the car BUT very boomy around 2K inside the car; I lasted 2 weeks before reverting to a resonated version which is peaceful inside and makes a lovely sound outside.

AuditudeA642
June 1st, 2007, 19:32
non resonated non valved:) Its your best choice!!!

O.CT USA
June 2nd, 2007, 19:25
http://www.stratmosphere.com/media.htm

Check this link out!

Arslanoff
September 4th, 2007, 11:13
Great picture! Great color for RS4, never seen it before
http://www.millteksport.com/media/custom/461.jpg

guessWHO
September 4th, 2007, 12:50
It's papaya orange .... we've got one here in Romania ;)

Cargo8
September 4th, 2007, 18:14
milltek non-res is INSANE sounding. great rich sound.
not outrageous like the TUBI though.
i reommend it for it seems exactly what you are requesting

Ruergard
September 4th, 2007, 19:32
Milltek sounds awesome, little more than normal under 5k rpms. But over that all hell breaks loose and the sound is just amazing. Go for that! :thumb:

rubyblack
September 4th, 2007, 20:15
Why not phone the guy who owns Milltek (Andrew Millington ) He explained all to me before I bought my Milltek. There are several variations on a themee (resonated v non-resonated and valved v non-valved) and better to speak to him.

Andrew? I thought the dudes name was Phil??? No wonder he ignored me!!! :hihi:

cally
September 5th, 2007, 02:12
Hi all, there is a straight-pipe Milltek exhaust system product sold, and i was going to change my exhaust system. and i would like to know which ones better. Both brands are milltek but one is straight-pipe and the other one isn't.

itisme
December 30th, 2007, 22:49
don't know if you guys know this video yet:

very very very nice sound!!!

http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia/videos/6202194/2007_audi_rs4_with_milltek_exhaust_video/index.html

OzRS4
January 1st, 2008, 02:22
Really nobody who is familiar with Milltek systems?!

Rico, I was going to go for Milltek Non resonated but Valved....this should suit your requirements for LITTLE noise when needed and All HELL breaks loose with S button pressed. If you want performance, I believe full system with 200 cells cat would do the job with even more killer sound.

Andyuk911
January 1st, 2008, 12:02
Before you buy, just remove the two tubes on the valve at the rear of the car .. then try

I like the GMB one, and Rs Quatrro.

John DNA
January 9th, 2008, 14:53
Andrew? I thought the dudes name was Phil??? No wonder he ignored me!!! :hihi:

It is Phil not Andrew

Audijohn
January 9th, 2008, 16:45
Have decided to upgrade the exhaust. Very confused about all the options, not really sure what to get.

Want the sound to be a little more noisy when driving normal without using the S-button. Clearification - a LITTLE more noisy (not screaming...) But when using the S-button and getting more revs, I would like all hell to break loose!

What package should I choose?!

Would be great to get some quick answers, going to order as soon as possible!
Just disconect the exaust Valve Vacuum tubes, and you will have a glorious sound ALL the time ( with or without the "S" button pressed)
It's a 5 min job and you can return it to normal any time.
We all have done this on RS246.:D
Oooops sorry Andy, just read your thread

cmathis
January 10th, 2008, 19:41
Just picked up my RS from having a NON resonated/Valved Milltek put on. Guy asked me what was wrong with the exhaust I had on it (only 1300 miles on the car). I told him I needed to hear the V8, not just see those little badges on the side.

We'll this definitely woke it up. I can say I'm pleased with it. Much better than I thought it would be, and I can turn it to quiet mode with the "S" button (for the 3 year old and newborn of course) :)

I might pull the vaccum hoses off to see if I like it open in the full range, but right now it's exactly what I was looking for. If I want lots of noise, I'll pull out my track monkey... a built V8 32V Cobra (550 hp) with straight pipes and flowmasters.

I would definitely recommend the Milltek WITHOUT resonators. With sport mode off, it's only slightly louder than stock in Sport mode in my opinion. Still quiet in the car. And yes, this should have been the factory exhaust system.

Craig :rs4kiss:

13urt
January 11th, 2008, 10:21
that sounds awesome!! looks like i'll be treating mysely to one of those:love2:

rsPOWER
January 22nd, 2008, 11:21
whats price for this miltek?anybody knows?

cmathis
January 22nd, 2008, 14:02
Around $1600.00 USD for the non valved, and around $2600.00 for the valved.

rsPOWER
January 23rd, 2008, 19:53
i just talked with guy from miltek and he told me that the best option for the road is resonated and non-valved beacouse its not too noisy inside the car and outside is screaming on big:revs: i think its good option beacouse in dont like when its too noisy.... im still thinking what to do,please help me:bow:

cmathis
January 23rd, 2008, 20:09
I would disagree with him. The non resonated/valved version is perfect IMO. There is NO drone, or interior notice with S mode OFF. It's almost stock (in S mode) sounding with S mode off. Just took a 45 minute drive to the dealership today for oil change with it in S mode. I talked on the hands free almost the entire way and had no intrusion of noise whatsoever (IN S MODE). Sometimes at about 45mph and 5th or 6th with S mode on you'll get some drone, but turn S off and it's gone. Again, just my opinion. If you were in NC/SC I'd take you for a stroll.

Craig

rsPOWER
January 23rd, 2008, 21:57
do you feel some differnces?did you get some extra hp?

cmathis
January 23rd, 2008, 22:08
Honestly, I don't think it was much if any. Sounds the way an RS4 should sound though.

rsPOWER
January 23rd, 2008, 22:25
so you think i should go for non-res,valve?

cmathis
January 23rd, 2008, 22:35
It's the perfect combination for me as I can let it have some rumble, or make it quiet but turning S mode off. And like I said, even with S mode enabled, it's still quiet inside. You'll actually be able to hear it more, but it's not annoying by any means. Personally, I love it. I really loved the car when it was stock because it was so quiet inside. I STILL think it's very quiet inside, even in S-mode during cruising speeds on the highway.

PetrolDave
January 24th, 2008, 12:21
so you think i should go for non-res,valve?
Based on what I've read here, that's what I'll be going for.