PDA

View Full Version : Seat alternatives?

Hy Octane
May 28th, 2007, 18:42
Hey Gang. Can anyone find out if ANY of the sport seats offered on any current US Audi model could be made to fit our cars?

Charles DLF
May 29th, 2007, 00:44
??? What is your question???

Sounds like "do US Sport seats fit Us audis"?? My guess is that this is not your question!

If you are asking for euro seats, search this forum, many RS6 owners have euro seats in there US RS6...

Hy Octane
May 29th, 2007, 03:46
Umm. Ok. Charles. Not sure how to rephrase that better,.. Try this:..

if a donkey shits in the woods, can you smell the jasmine in its rear view mirror?

Idiot!

nene
May 29th, 2007, 03:54
Hy O, I know of folks that got the B6/B7 US seats to fit on a B5 S4.
I have yet to hear of any C5 A6/S6/RS6 that got their seats modified based on B6/B7 S4/RS4 or C6 A6/S6. Most folks that have C5 6-series vehicles, changed their seats to used Recaros from Europe.

If you have a friend that has a C6 A6/S6, having to try the seat exchange is easy. About 30 minutes worth of work.

Good luck. Don't be so hard if someone does not understand your question. Believe it...I had to read it a couple of times before it made sense to me. Even though now that I understood it, seems silly I did not get it at first. Just be kind...sometimes you have to qualify things, such as model types.

If you need help with seat removal, just check out my write up (http://www.htms.org/recaro.html), and don't forget to report back

Charles DLF
May 29th, 2007, 08:25
Umm. Ok. Charles. Not sure how to rephrase that better,.. Try this:..

if a donkey shits in the woods, can you smell the jasmine in its rear view mirror?

Idiot!

alright mate, sounds like someone is having his period here... Watch what you write, people might feel offended!

Sorry i tried to help

nene
May 29th, 2007, 14:29
I suppose if you are willing to go with a new set, I'd wait for the next RS6 setup, instead of Sport Seat package off of a C6 A6/S6. Unless comfort might be a decision consideration, where maybe Sport Seats might be softer or something.
If money is no consideration, obviously a new set of Sport Seats off of a C6 A6/S6 is most likely going to cost you more, unless someone wants to trade with you.

Good luck on your findings HyO!

PS: Charles...we all look forward to many of your insightful info! Don't let this thread be a deterrent.

Hy Octane
May 29th, 2007, 17:15
Charles/all

Apologies for my short fuse last nite.. Not to excuse myself, but I found out my dad has cancer and I had a few bevvies before posting..Kinda vented some angst..

Sorry for my outburst..

HyO

scottmandu
May 29th, 2007, 17:27
None of the seats are direclty interchangable across models. They can probably be made to fit via welding cutting etc, but it's not something i would want to try. having a seat rip free from a shoddy weld in an accident is something that i wouldn't want to experience first hand.

If you want options as stated earlier in the post, European Recaro seats are a direct bolt in for the C5.

Charles DLF
May 29th, 2007, 17:29
Charles/all

Apologies for my short fuse last nite.. Not to excuse myself, but I found out my dad has cancer and I had a few bevvies before posting..Kinda vented some angst..

Sorry for my outburst..

HyO

You got PM