PDA

View Full Version : More new RS6 Pics!!!

reimon
May 24th, 2007, 07:41
Taken in the same factory in the north of spain (pamplona, next to where San Fermin takes place).

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9273/imagen006ov5.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2373/imagen007zo5.jpg

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/9749/imagen010pq8.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9425/imagen011fb9.jpg

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179984186.jpg

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179984324.jpg

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179984582.jpg

phEight
May 24th, 2007, 08:12
Hrm, it doesn't seem very RS6 ish in my opinion, nice looking.. but definitely needs to be meaner.. and a bit more aggressive. It looks too much like the S6. Thanks for sharing!

Leadfoot
May 24th, 2007, 08:12
Until all of the cladding is removed to show the finished car will can only guess as to the looks, the fact that none of the magazines have run any photoshops of the car currently leads me to believe we haven't seen the finished article.

There looks to be differences between the blue one and the light coloured one, but from what I have seen in this pictures it doesn't have the aggressive looks of the RS4 or even the M5, that would be sad for what is the monstrous performance it can unleash.

Qisha
May 24th, 2007, 08:23
Dear Friends,

as a manufacturer you will always have to assume some sneaky picture takers. So, dont worry it will look like the way it drives. ;)

Qisha

Erik
May 24th, 2007, 08:27
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2373/imagen007zo5.jpg

Nice benchmark :hihi: And I'm not talking about the Skoda to the left (except if Audi priced the RS6 like it... *dream on*)

Leadfoot
May 24th, 2007, 08:49
Nice benchmark :hihi: And I'm not talking about the Skoda to the left (except if Audi priced the RS6 like it... *dream on*)

I like the two rivals they have chosen for a comparison, does this hint at the RS6 being amazing value for money like the Skoda but with the performance of the BMW M5. Now that would be a nice thought.;)

AndyBG
May 24th, 2007, 11:40
That is HondaCivic, not Skoda...

This RS 6 is is going to be KILLER ! :rs6kiss:

Leadfoot
May 24th, 2007, 11:47
AndyBG,
Skoda Fabia vs BMW M5 vs Audi RS 6... :vhmmm:
I wonder who is fastest...

I depends how far the race is and how much petrol each are given.

If it's 100km and they only get 7Ltrs of fuel then my money is on the Skoda.:D

mr
May 24th, 2007, 13:22
the silver one looks EXACTLY like the one I saw on the "Inntal -
Autobahn" here in Austria.

well ... maybe it's even the same ... who knows.

rgds mr

RXBG
May 24th, 2007, 13:49
you can see the moulded, wider rear quarter panel with the std A6 bumper on it. the fact that there is an ingolstadt registered m5 next to it seals the deal. and naturally they are disguised to look like ordinary A6/s- though not to sharp eyes like ours and cool phototaker. is it really debuting in july?

roadrunner
May 24th, 2007, 15:16
Some observations about the look (bue mule):

- Front bumper seems unique to this RS6 mule an black RS6 Avant mule seen on earlier pictures, fits perfectly with the fenders -> could be final

- Grill & air intakes - standard A6 grill + air intakes that are unique, but no honeycomb as on RS4 -> not final

- Mirrors - new design as found on the S5 -> could be final

- Fenders - as they are covered -> beneath could be final

- rear bumper seen on the other thread - same one as on the last mule from the nordschleife -> could be final

- wheels - not final, either the known 20'' RS style wheels or a new design.

Can't wait for the first real pics & impressions, hope to see it in Frankfurt in Sep. 07 at the IAA.

Greetings
seb.

skiwi
May 24th, 2007, 15:37
if you look carefully at the blue car, i believe that the guards might be squared off (ur-quattro-esque), as were the ones caught testing at the 'ring. they look like they might have been "filled in" to deceive photographers....

Ruergard
May 24th, 2007, 16:12
Patience my friends, patience! ;)

AudiFanatic83
May 24th, 2007, 22:15
i don't know about the silver one, but the blue one looks like it could be a working model for the new RS6.

thanks for sharing mate

phEight
May 25th, 2007, 13:00
Dear Friends,

as a manufacturer you will always have to assume some sneaky picture takers. So, dont worry it will look like the way it drives. ;)

Qisha

That's great to hear from you. :applause:

artur777
May 25th, 2007, 15:09
It's time to see new RS6-))))
Hope that in July we will have this chance.
The time is running too slow.

I have talked to some guys from Audi - they have given some info:
- the car will be in the market next spring-summer
- in the straight acceleration it will be slower than M5, but faster than E63 AMG (E63 is slower than M5 after 100)
- in the twisties RS6 will leave M5, E63 for dead.
- overall car perfomance will be better than E63, M5, 911 4S, M3, RS4, R8 V8, V8 Vantage. It will be very close to Mercedes CLK DTM AMG and Lamborgini Gallardo.
- chip-tuned RS6 will be able to have up to 630-650 hp. With this figures S65 AMG will be left for dead also.

Leadfoot
May 25th, 2007, 15:36
It's time to see new RS6-))))
Hope that in July we will have this chance.
The time is running too slow.

I have talked to some guys from Audi - they have given some info:
- the car will be in the market next spring-summer
- in the straight acceleration it will be slower than M5, but faster than E63 AMG (E63 is slower than M5 after 100)
- in the twisties RS6 will leave M5, E63 for dead.
- overall car perfomance will be better than E63, M5, 911 4S, M3, RS4, R8 V8, V8 Vantage. It will be very close to Mercedes CLK DTM AMG and Lamborgini Gallardo.
- chip-tuned RS6 will be able to have up to 630-650 hp. With this figures S65 AMG will be left for dead also.

With the exception of the M5 being quicker in acceleration everything that you have been told sounds about right, especially the possibilities of the engine when tuned.:hahahehe:

Now when I say the RS6 will be quicker in acceleration than the M5, it has not been made clear to me whether the RS6 stays ahead all the way or near the top end when the M5 finally overtakes the RS6, but gut feeling is the RS6 will always stay in front.

There has been differing reports that show the E63 to be quicker than the M5 so I feel if it beat one then it should be able to beat the other.

artur777
May 25th, 2007, 17:33
With the exception of the M5 being quicker in acceleration everything that you have been told sounds about right, especially the possibilities of the engine when tuned.:hahahehe:

Now when I say the RS6 will be quicker in acceleration than the M5, it has not been made clear to me whether the RS6 stays ahead all the way or near the top end when the M5 finally overtakes the RS6, but gut feeling is the RS6 will always stay in front.

There has been differing reports that show the E63 to be quicker than the M5 so I feel if it beat one then it should be able to beat the other.

Leadfoot,

thanks for your answer.
I have studied the acceleration times of M5 and E63, and I should say that M5 makes 0-200 for 13,5 - 14,5 sec while E63 makes it for 14,5 - 15,5 sec. Though E63 is faster at 0-100. Look please at this link to prove my figures. This web-site contains unique information about cars' times: http://www.einszweidrei.de/

Leadfoot
May 25th, 2007, 18:29
artur777,

Autocar tested the RS4, M5 and E63 estates in acceleration and the results were posted by Erik.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94858&postcount=1

Check them out, very interesting.:thumb:

artur777
May 25th, 2007, 19:35
Leadfoot,

But this test was a wagon test and in wet conditions.
Anyway, I am sure that M5 is faster because the engine of M5 is a unique one. It shows its advantages at high speeds and RPMs.
If you look - M6 and 911 Turbo have the same tim of accelerating from 100 to 200. It's a wonderful result!

3x5PSI
May 25th, 2007, 20:39
Taken in the same factory in the north of spain (pamplona, next to where San Fermin takes place).http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9273/imagen006ov5.jpg

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179984324.jpg

The RS6 has got no turbos. There is no intercooler, nor is there any added cooling ducts.

Leadfoot
May 25th, 2007, 20:50
So 3x5PSI,

You are saying that all the evidence and speculation from the motoring press is indeed wrong and Audi have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. ;)

Interesting but somehow I doubt it, it's now a known fact that the RS6 will have 580hp and the engine is 5.0L, if it has achieved this from a N/A engine then I take my hat off to them for doing something even the mighty BMW'S M Division couldn't. :hihi:

3x5PSI
May 25th, 2007, 21:01
The evidence is in front of you. Speculation is speculation.

Leadfoot
May 25th, 2007, 21:15
What is infront of me is a test mule which might has only some of the RS6 equipment on it for testing, like the suspension, the brakes, some of the body parts etc, etc.

I know what I have be told and we will have to wait and see when the car finally arrives. Who to say that this is not a decoy to throw us off the scent.

As Qisha said

Dear Friends,

3x5PSI
May 25th, 2007, 21:40
Well that is an RS6 test mule. It is disguised. It has the RS6 badges on thde interior & the car is complete. I don't know if it has 500hp or 1000hp. But I do know that it has no turbos.

skiwi
May 26th, 2007, 03:59
erm, what you don't know is what the blue car is, relative to the silver one, and which one was the interior shot from? for all we know the blue car is a standard a6 sline. but the silver car, with the appendages looks like it is close to the rs.

so your speculation, while correct to a degree, has probably missed the point....

chewym
May 26th, 2007, 05:37
Audi doesn't use a Front Mounted Intercooler for bi-turbos. Here is the previous RS6 setup.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/rs602_engine.jpg

I sure can't see any intercoolers here.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/rs602_06_800.jpg

3x5PSI
May 26th, 2007, 07:56
You cannot see the intercoolers there because of the angle of the photot & the mesh. But you can definitely see it if you go closer.

The blue car in the pic does not have the 2 side intercoolers, as is plain to see.

The Blue car is complete with the interior shots.

There's no reasont o get defensive. It may well be the best car ever made & far superior to the competition. But it doesn't have turbos.

Wasn't there a big debate a few years ago & lots of people had sources & speculation that the B7 RS4 will be bi-turbo? I recall there were even websites & articles with "confirmed info" that it would be turbo.

How much power does the S6 have? Isn't it like 450hp? So look at the Rs4 in relation to the S4. I think the RS6 will have a similar power advantage over the S6 (which has obviously been detuned to make space for the RS6).

SO yeah, I'm pretty sure Audi will raise there game as they always do & produce another fantastic car. But it looks like it won't have turbos.

PeterJohn
May 26th, 2007, 09:15
You cannot see the intercoolers there because of the angle of the photot & the mesh. But you can definitely see it if you go closer.

Now you're being silly. Quattro GmbH is not some budget tuner. They don't stick the intercoolers in the bumper, against the mesh, with some bright blue tubes coming from them. As chewym picture shows, Audi install the intercoolers next to the engine. Almost in the wheel well. Where there is no light to properly see them.

Now ask yourself. In the picture you've posted of the blue car. What are those flat black objects, with vertical stripes, behind the side grills.

You should read a couple of posts on this Forum, before forming an opinion. People on here have links to Audi and Quatrro GmbH. It will be a V10 TT. They will install thicker cilinder walls, reducing the capacity of the 5.2l V10 to 5002ccm. It will have 426kW/579hp.

Let's test these X-ray eyes of yours. Below is a picture of an A6. Does it have an atmospheric engine, an I4 engine with a single intercooler, or a V6 TDI engine with double side mounted intercoolers?

Leadfoot
May 26th, 2007, 11:05
I would like to add that just because you can see something doesn't mean to isn't there. 3x5PSI has every right to ask the question and in his mind the RS6 doesn't have turbos which is fine by me, I know what I have been told about the car and what the car is capable of, the RS6 just wouldn't be capable of the suggested times in acceleration unless it would producing the amount of horsepower and torque I know it will have and this would be very difficult to achieve from a N/A engine.

I was trying to see if 3x5PSI was an anagram of sticky but it isn't so he must be OK.;)

3x5PSI
May 26th, 2007, 18:36
Peter, I have seen an RS6 up close & you can see the intercoolers. there is a duct & then the silver intercoolers are clearly visible from the dead on angle.

Why the attitude. I am just telling you what I see. RS division has done fantastically well with the normally aspirated engine in the RS4. It has won numerous awards & shootouts (isn't it the performance car of the year or something?).

Magazines are raving about the engine, even Clarkson said it was one of the best engines. It seems Audi is on a roll with the "high rev" concept & hence that done the same with the S6. THis car does not have intercoolers. There is no mesh hiding anything. I'm not saying its a bad car, all I'm saying is it's not turbo.

jonas21
May 26th, 2007, 18:37
Well, even if this mule doesnt have turbos or has different setup than the other mules...the sound of the ones at the ring was clearly turbo. Audi would never test a car with a unfinished engine at the ring because it just doesnt make sense. If the rest of the car is unfinished...who cares. I think there is so much evidence now that the new RS6 will be turboed its just impossible to deny it.

Toto89
May 26th, 2007, 18:56
Audi doesn't use a Front Mounted Intercooler for bi-turbos. Here is the previous RS6 setup.

I sure can't see any intercoolers here.

Exactly what i wanted to say...
3x5PSI, what do you see on the C5 RS6 which this test mule doesn't have?
I think nothing, and I'm pretty sure that Audi wants to do something which kills M5, and this is only possible with turbos.

3x5PSI
May 26th, 2007, 19:20
Exactly what i wanted to say...
3x5PSI, what do you see on the C5 RS6 which this test mule doesn't have?

Intercoolers?

http://members.audiclubsa.org.za/d/2154-3/DSC_2974_s.jpg

PeterJohn
May 26th, 2007, 20:09
Peter, I have seen an RS6 up close & you can see the intercoolers. there is a duct & then the silver intercoolers are clearly visible from the dead on angle.

How do you know? It might be an oil cooler for the transmission, or a radiator for the air conditioning. We only know that's an intercooler, b/c we know where Audi puts their intercoolers.

Why the attitude. I am just telling you what I see.

B/c you are being silly when you say you can see an intercooler in the chewym picture. From the picture of the red RS6 you can see the intercooler is located inside the fender, and not in the bumper. If you could see inside the bumper on the first picture, you would only see the plastic bit that guides the air to the intercooler. To install the intercooler in the bumper would be a hige risk to the engine in even the smallest collision.
I think the picture of the grey RS6 has been heavily doctered, and there is in fact nothing to see but artificial flat black pixels.

I can't see an engine on any of the pictures. What does that tell me?
A: all of these cars run on positive thinking.
B: you can't see the freaking engine from the outside.

If you can tell me what type, if any, intercooling the A6 has that I posted previously, then I'll accept you judgement on the RS6 test mules. If you guess, you have a 33% chance of getting it right. Pretty good odds.

Not all intercoolers are shiny grey, btw. In the picture below I've increased the brightness and contrast, so I ask you the question again. What do you think those intercooler looking things are on the RS6 mule, at exactly the spot where Audi would put the intercoolers?

PeterJohn
May 26th, 2007, 20:11
http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5103&d=1180206638

3x5PSI
May 26th, 2007, 20:57
The pic of the Red RS6 is taken at an angle. If you were dead on, you would see the entire intercooler clearly visible. The pic of the blue RS6 is dead on & no intercooler.

The things you are highlighting are clearly not intercoolers. I don't even think they are oil coolers. Maybe they are brake ducts, or fender linings. Intercoolers are made from aluminium for cooling reasons & are normally silver.

artur777
May 26th, 2007, 21:39
People,

I have just read some information in car magazines that RS6 premier show is postponed up to 2008 year from Frankfurt, 2007.

Does anybody know about this?
Please inform if this info is truthful or not?

Leadfoot
May 26th, 2007, 21:47
I have gone past caring what some people think about whether there are inter-coolers or not and this proving that it don't have turbos because they aren't in plain view. And all this from a picture of a RS6 test mule which may or may not be the real deal and may or may not have the RS6 full engine treatment.

I know that Audi tested numerous engine test-ups, N/A and turbo ranging from just over 500hp right up to 700hp believe it or not. The reason they settled on a turbo set-up is only known to them, it might have been the fact of running an automatic in combination with quattro would have left the car trailing in the performance stakes if it only had just over 500hp which would only have been achievable with a N/A engine, something the Audi couldn't allow, especially as the last one was also much more powerful than the last M5.

phil_s6
May 26th, 2007, 22:15
You guys are just so funny, arguing over whether it will be turbo or not. Who cares? (a) it's going to be faster than the S6, (b) it's going to be faster than the previous RS6, (c) it's likely to be faster than the M5. Isn't that all that's important? I've ordered one because I love my S6 and know that the RS6 is going to be a killer car.

PeterJohn
May 26th, 2007, 22:23
I'm done. The A6 was a TDI with twin side mounted intercoolers, btw.

3x5PSI
May 26th, 2007, 22:46
You guys are just so funny, arguing over whether it will be turbo or not. Who cares? (a) it's going to be faster than the S6, (b) it's going to be faster than the previous RS6, (c) it's likely to be faster than the M5. Isn't that all that's important? I've ordered one because I love my S6 and know that the RS6 is going to be a killer car.

EXactly. Everyone's so touchy & obsessed with it being turbo. It doesn't have to be. A V10 with over 500hp normally aspirated will still be a great car.

iconcls
May 26th, 2007, 23:14
You guys are just so funny, arguing over whether it will be turbo or not. Who cares?

Some people are just turbo junkies, myself included; no turbo=no sale

chewym
May 26th, 2007, 23:16
Nope. Now way will a NA aspirated RS6 be even close to M5 and E63 in acceleration. Which gives the bragging rights in this class of cars. The RS6 will be significantly heavier than the M5/E63. A NA V10 wold give the RS6 at best a 20 hp advantage over the M5 and both would have about the same amount of torque. The E63 would have just a little less hp than the 520 hp V10 RS6 but way more torque. Now, a twin turbo V10 with 580 hp and 550+ lb-ft of torque would put the competition way back. Anything else wouldn't.

jonas21
May 26th, 2007, 23:17
A V10 with over 500hp normally aspirated will still be a great car.

Not really, that wouldnt be that much of a quantum leap as with the RS4. BMW already showed a great N/A V10 in the M5...why would Audi try to copy that?
Additionally...why would Audi decrease capacity from 5.2L to 5.0L for N/A? Theres no reason for that, only reason would be turbos.

phil_s6
May 27th, 2007, 08:04
Some people are just turbo junkies, myself included; no turbo=no sale
You should go get a Ferrari 430 for a weekend.

Leadfoot
May 27th, 2007, 08:21

Drove a F360 and wasn't impressed, I doubt the extra bit of poke the F430 will change my mind.

I am at a lose as to why we are even arguing over this, only when the car is released will you know for sure and then each camp be it N/A or turbo will be able to tell the other who is wrong 'I told you so'.

I am starting it off a little early though, non-turbo camp 'I TOLD YOU SO'.:hihi:

Ruergard
May 27th, 2007, 11:55
http://www.caranddriver.com/carvideos/?bcpid=627028702&bclid=686997774&bctid=716053172

Search "RS6" and play the video. If that doesn't sound like a TT unit.... :addict:

I know, the video is old. But still, it reminds us of what's comming! :addict:

Toto89
May 27th, 2007, 12:11
EXactly. Everyone's so touchy & obsessed with it being turbo. It doesn't have to be. A V10 with over 500hp normally aspirated will still be a great car.

Ok man, i can only guessing, but many trusty man said it will be turboed. If you won't take a pique against me, till it's release i beleive to them, but i think your prestige will strongly decrease if it will have the 580hp 5.0TT:hihi:

phil_s6
May 27th, 2007, 15:12
My dealer took a deposit off me on the basis of his description of the car; V10 bi-turbo.

iconcls
May 27th, 2007, 16:17

I have a 993TT that seems to suffice for the weekends.