PDA

View Full Version : New rs6. Real pics taken in Spain

reimon
May 23rd, 2007, 16:50
Look at this photos taken in a spring factory in spain, where they supposely make them for some audis...
Are they real?

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179931809.jpg

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179930467.jpg

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179931102.jpg

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179931536.jpg

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179931662.jpg

The RS6
May 23rd, 2007, 16:55
OMG
They could be...
Look @ the steering wheel mommy

Bingocaller
May 23rd, 2007, 17:01
If they are it looks like its not going to be a manual gearbox

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2007, 17:05
I reckon this is quite possibly a near finished example, the rev counter showing the red line starting at 7,000rpm looks spot on. The fact that it is an automatic only means it isn't a manual, it doesn't mean that it isn't a DSG.;)

The fact that these are 20" wheels means it will be running a serious set of brakes.

phil_s6
May 23rd, 2007, 17:25
Look very real to me, interior wise other than the wheel and pedal rest looks just like my S6.

Look at this photos taken in a spring factory in spain, where they supposely make them for some audis...
Are they real?

phil_s6
May 23rd, 2007, 17:26
There's no way in hell they'll get that much torque through a fragile DSG box.

I reckon this is quite possibly a near finished example, the rev counter showing the red line starting at 7,000rpm looks spot on. The fact that it is an automatic only means it isn't a manual, it doesn't mean that it isn't a DSG.;)

The fact that these are 20" wheels means it will be running a serious set of brakes.

RXBG
May 23rd, 2007, 17:33
not so sure. the S6 redlines at about 6800 RPM and the tach is no different than the S6's based on pic comapros with those of the S6's on the german website. same goes for the speedometer.

the steering wheel is intriguing, as is the bodykit, exhaust, nav screen, and 20 rims. further, it has the bodytape on the quarters hiding the wider flares..........

since the car is going to be the V10 with turbos it may have kept the same redline. i would only have expected it to increase if the engine was a high rev version sans turbos.

i expect it will debut with the new A6 face and rear. can't wait to see this animal.

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2007, 17:50
since the car is going to be the V10 with turbos it may have kept the same redline. i would only have expected it to increase if the engine was a high rev version sans turbos.

The norm is the revs drop slightly when you add turbos but like you rightly point out it is showing the same limit as the S6 which means it is indeed a high reving v10 engine.

The DSG is coming, my statement saying is might be a DSG box was a joke phil_s6, that is why I included the ;) at the end.:thumb:

PeterJohn
May 23rd, 2007, 17:53
There's no way in hell they'll get that much torque through a fragile DSG box.

You mean like the Veyrons' DSG?

phil_s6
May 23rd, 2007, 18:02
Oh yeah, there's a cheap idea, lets take the 'more expensive than its weight in gold' gearbox from the Veyron and put it in the RS6. :thumb:

" The DSG 'box in Bugatti's Veyron (a brand directly owned by Volkswagen), was apparently unable to handle the power at first (the Veyron's DSG 'box is reportedly quite exotic and very modified). "

" This caused issues: nothing that Audi had available could manage to harness the massive power output from the engine. Because of this, the team turned to British company Ricardo for help. The Ricardo (http://www.ricardo.com/) team created a custom, 7 speed, dual clutch gearbox for the car, and helped Audi's engineers enhance the 4 wheel drive system and software to be able to reliably cope with the car's performance. "

You mean like the Veyrons' DSG?

UPDATE: Then again; http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/news/34261.html (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/news/34261.html)
(553 lb/ft and DSG)

PeterJohn
May 23rd, 2007, 18:13
Since when is a 6800rpm limit a high rev engine? Rev limit does not equel piek Torque or horsepower.

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2007, 18:32
Since when is a 6800rpm limit a high rev engine? Rev limit does not equel piek Torque or horsepower.

Hold on a minute before this turns into an argument, how many v10 Bi-turbo engines do you know revs much higher? :vhmmm:

All I know is what I have be told my a source inside Quattro GmbH that the reason for the engine capacity dropping to 5.0L instead of the S6's 5.2L was to thicken the cylinder walls to help cooling and allow it to rev higher than it normal for a engine of it's size with turbos.:brag:

skiwi
May 23rd, 2007, 18:35
that looks like the rev limit of a v10tt - much like our current tt unit.

Ruergard
May 23rd, 2007, 18:58
It looks very real to me. Just can't wait to see the real thing!! :addict:

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2007, 19:49
that looks like the rev limit of a v10tt - much like our current tt unit.

Exactly and it had 2 less cylinders and minus 800cc.

PeterJohn
May 23rd, 2007, 19:52
Oh yeah, there's a cheap idea, lets take the 'more expensive than its weight in gold' gearbox from the Veyron and put it in the RS6. :thumb:

I don't think it will get a DSG. It would drive up the cost significantly, with only a small benefit over a fast shifting automatic. And considering they are already pushing the boundries with this car, it would be a mistake to complicate it even further.

I thought you were saying that a DSG box is inherently weak. With uprated clutch plates, the transverse DSG boxes are attached to 600Nm HGP turbo engines. The box is under rated at 350Nm. The DSG system is in fact inherently stronger than a regular manual. It eliminates human error, spreads the workload over two multi plate clutches, and creates a smooth transition. The only problem is that Audi now has a mix of old and new platforms in its line up, so they have to wait to launch a lengthwise DSG untill the model range is on a uniform platform.

I also think autotrader is wrong, and the Golf concept has a regular torque converter automatic.

artur777
May 23rd, 2007, 20:25
The pics are nice.
A lot of interesting opinions, but some thoughts nevertheless:
1) the rims are 20" and the brakes are very special up to 390-400 mm in size.
2) MMI is more or less standard just to see that it is an RS6 car
3) the flares are wider but we can't see it for sure. The question about restyling is open.
4) the tah is up 7000RPM - it's gonna be an automatic tranny to cope with such torque. For sure, Audi wouldn't spend great money to make a new DSG for the old non-MLP platform. They also couny money and possible profits from this innovation - it's not evitable. We will see new DSG cars in a few years on MLP platform.
the speed is up to 330 km/h - usually automanufacturers set up this figure as real max speed + 30 km/h. So it's probably will go up to 300 km/h. And we hope it won't be delimited at 250 km/h.
5) the stick is an automatic one. No manual for such car. If you wish manual - buy RS4, if you wish automatic - buy RS6, if you wish DSG - buy new MLP car, such as RS5 which wil be fitted with a new generation DSG. As far as I underdstand, this DSG for MLP will transit to almost all new Audi's models.

Hope to get even more info soon.
Waiting for official release in July-))

RXBG
May 23rd, 2007, 20:26
recap: no dsg in the rs6 guys. but an ultra fast auto. revs could still stay basically the same as in the s6 with the two turbos. displacement was decreased to strengthen the cylinders due to the TORQUE baby. and you wouldn't need to increase the revs much, hence.

besides, the mule may have had an s6 tach anyway so we could all be wrong if we're assuming the redline stays the same.

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2007, 22:46
To recap on what I DO know about the RS6, it is to be launch with automatic, but the guys at Quattro GmbH who are working on the project want a DSG box at some point, if this become a reality who know I am not a gearbox boffin and don't know if the basics are the same if the front diff is in front of or behind the gearbox.

The picture is unclear as to whether the example is running ceramic brakes or not but what I do know is that the brakes will be mighty. The rear diffuser is right on the money as is the rest of the bodykit from what can be seen.

The torque it will be producing more or less rules out a manual box, so if that's what floats your boat look either where. The revs thing is the puzzling one, what I have be told is that the cylinder wall are thicker because it will be a high reving engine quoting what was said to me "giving the engine more rpm range, not as much as the RS4 but lets say still high reving", again I will admit I am not an engine boffin but does 7000rpm means it is high reving when it has 10 cylinders and two turbos?

There are things I will keep to myself as I feel if you know everything then what is the surprise, just like Christmas.;)

artur777
May 23rd, 2007, 23:25
To recap on what I DO know about the RS6, it is to be launch with automatic, but the guys at Quattro GmbH who are working on the project want a DSG box at some point, if this become a reality who know I am not a gearbox boffin and don't know if the basics are the same if the front diff is in front of or behind the gearbox.

The picture is unclear as to whether the example is running ceramic brakes or not but what I do know is that the brakes will be mighty. The rear diffuser is right on the money as is the rest of the bodykit from what can be seen.

The torque it will be producing more or less rules out a manual box, so if that's what floats your boat look either where. The revs thing is the puzzling one, what I have be told is that the cylinder wall are thicker because it will be a high reving engine quoting what was said to me "giving the engine more rpm range, not as much as the RS4 but lets say still high reving", again I will admit I am not an engine boffin but does 7000rpm means it is high reving when it has 10 cylinders and two turbos?

There are things I will keep to myself as I feel if you know everything then what is the surprise, just like Christmas.;)

Leadfoot, we don't know everything. We just think that RS6 will be a hell of a car.
Please give us some more infomation you have-)))

Particularly, very interesting to understand the acc. time of RS6: 0-100, 0-200. Will it be faster than M5, E63, 911 Turbo, R8 and etc?

We know that RWD cars have an advantage in a straight line acceleration after 100 because of less losses in the power train, but AWD cars have an advantage up to 100 because of the extra traction.
These details makes the answer on my question a little bit more comlicated-))).

AndyBG
May 24th, 2007, 02:43
I'm expecting GREAT AUDI !:addict:

skiwi
May 24th, 2007, 03:25
remember that the dsg would not be a quattro gmbh creation, due to the complexity. the current dsg is for transverse engines where the other diff is external (haldex). the longitudional dsg would need to be an entirely new creation. forget the bugatti, that has a separate differential from the transmission. as we know the current quattro platform includes the front diff and the dsg would need to do something similar - which doesn't leave a lot of room for twin clutches imho.

i believe that the best bet for dsg will be a later incarnation of the the mlp platform (as debuted in the a5).

Julz RS4
May 24th, 2007, 04:41
Very cool sneak pix of the next C6 RS6. :thumb: :addict:

chewym
May 24th, 2007, 04:47
Great stuff, nice find.

PeterJohn
May 24th, 2007, 06:11
The revs thing is the puzzling one, what I have be told is that the cylinder wall are thicker because it will be a high reving engine quoting what was said to me "giving the engine more rpm range, not as much as the RS4 but lets say still high reving", again I will admit I am not an engine boffin but does 7000rpm means it is high reving when it has 10 cylinders and two turbos?

I think that just means it'll have a big fat torque curve. Though the rev limit is nothing special, the torque will probably drop off later than on other big turbo engines. Bringing the powerband closer to the rev limit. Hence being a high rev engine, relative to this type of engine. But that's just speculation.

The qualities of an undersquare engine are heat management, low end torque (leverage on the crankshaft) and allowing for a higher compression ratio.

I'll speculate some more, and say that a high rev Turbo engine needs a turbine that can operate effeciently at different engine speeds. Like for instance the VTG turbos on the 997 turbo.

And to make the engine more effecient at higher engine speeds, you need good controle of the airflow in the intake. Like for instance a Valvelift valvetrain.

mr
May 24th, 2007, 07:21
wow ... GREAT.
strongly remininds me of the car i saw a few month ago (i reportet it here with crappy photos) on the Autobahn here in Austria.
well ... it's going to get a real GREAT car.

rgds
mr

AudiFanatic83
May 24th, 2007, 22:19
<~~~ getting really excited about the new RS6...but remember guys the best is yet to come because these are all still working models...the finish product will be more fine tuned than the current spy photos we are seeing...nonetheless CONTINUE TO ROCK ON AUDI!!!!

Stefanati
May 25th, 2007, 07:30
Nice pics! But will the RS6 only have 2 pipes, while S6 has 4??

Leadfoot
May 25th, 2007, 08:05
Nice pics! But will the RS6 only have 2 pipes, while S6 has 4??

It is traditional for the RS models to have two oval pipes which started with the Mk1 RS4 and has continued with every model there after. The S models originally had two smaller round pipe but this was changed to four with the B7 S4 and continued with the S6 and S8.

The only S model that still has only two pipes is the S3.

Stefanati
May 25th, 2007, 08:34
It is traditional for the RS models to have two oval pipes which started with the Mk1 RS4 and has continued with every model there after. The S models originally had two smaller round pipe but this was changed to four with the B7 S4 and continued with the S6 and S8.

The only S model that still has only two pipes is the S3.

Yes, but maybe it would look more agressive when the RS6 had 4 oval pipes like E63 AMG, bigger ones than S6!

bobey
May 25th, 2007, 08:59
Here are more pics of the supposed RS6....

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179984641.jpg
http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179984582.jpg
http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179984409.jpg
http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179984324.jpg
http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/uploads/post-5866-1179984186.jpg

// bobey

gemini
May 25th, 2007, 09:26
Sweeettt look :love:

Erik
May 25th, 2007, 13:48
Is that a camera in the front of the "RS6"? Night vision or just a bullet cam?

Edit NOT!

bobey
May 25th, 2007, 14:03
I would guess either night-cam or parking-cam.

// bobey

Leadfoot
May 25th, 2007, 14:06
I think it's the hole where you put the towing eye into, thought it does look a little high for this.

roadrunner
May 25th, 2007, 14:49
I think it's the hole where you put the towing eye into, thought it does look a little high for this.

same thought here.

greetings
seb.

Bingocaller
May 25th, 2007, 15:52
What does ot say on the front badge?

roadrunner
May 25th, 2007, 17:32
What does ot say on the front badge?

S line - just a disguise

Kev.S
May 27th, 2007, 17:07
I hope the quality of the interior is better than it appears on these pictures. The plastic looks horrible.

skiwi
May 28th, 2007, 08:39
my dealer has confirmed v10tt, reckons "over 560bhp".

SuperstarDriver
May 28th, 2007, 12:01
i like so much the steering wheel and the interior is so hot...the pedals the same, eberything, including the back spoiler with the deflector...lovely car the best audi ever with of course 580HP as i heard from my pall from audi dealer...by the way, he told me that i will drive the new R8 next week, hope that i will make pictures of R8 and post them here, but for me the best car is RS6...so much power...hmmm...

Leadfoot
May 28th, 2007, 15:22
I reckon by now all of the dealers in Europe know exactly the engine spec and power output of the new RS6, so 3x5PSI I recommend you call in to your nearest Audi dealer and see what he tells you, this should settle your fears once and for all.

gmbh6
May 31st, 2007, 15:56
Hope the final version gets a body kit.....those fender flares are about as menacing as the one's on my eurovan :doh:

Benman
June 1st, 2007, 16:38
Hope the final version gets a body kit.....those fender flares are about as menacing as the one's on my eurovan :doh:

I'm with you on that one, a little wider please.

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
June 1st, 2007, 19:44
I'm with you on that one, a little wider please.

But would you want your Audi to be parked in a crowded carpark saying to the other cars, 'Does my bum look big in this?' :D

SuperstarDriver
June 1st, 2007, 20:13
the interios is amazing even in the spyshots...but the steering wheel is the best a car can have, i adore it...about the quality of the interior are much to talk about because THOSE ARE SPYSHOTS!!so the final car will have the best materials audi get us used too so do not be patient man!

JaXx
June 2nd, 2007, 10:28
is that an M5 next to the RS6 on those pictures ?

SuperstarDriver
June 2nd, 2007, 10:51
yes it's an M5 there buyed by the Audi (it has an Ingolstadt number) to see how hard is being kicked by the new RS6 that's why:D

jonas21
June 3rd, 2007, 08:56
yes it's an M5 there buyed by the Audi (it has an Ingolstadt number) to see how hard is being kicked by the new RS6 that's why:D

Well whats the deal with having the RS6 beeing faster as a M5? To be honest, how often do you see a M5 on the road? How often does the driver of the M5 want to race? I personally have only seen once a M5 which was about to race me. And thats after 60.000+ km with the car. There are so many factors which make it almost impossible to get into such a situation. I think its far more important how the car handles and its features like dsg/tiptronic, luxuary etc.
I dont buy a new RS6 just because it can overtake a M5. I could buy a 997TT to do that even better.

SuperstarDriver
June 3rd, 2007, 10:10
here in Romania, especially in Bucharest are at least 10 M5's to race against because as i said before if Romanian people would have all the money in the world the stock of BMW M will be exausted in a few minutes ordering everything and of course race against us the Audi fans...so if you ever want to challange your RS6 go to Romania because here are the best cars in the world, because of the businesses here, the black market money and unfair money taken from the papers and so on, i do not enter in details!We have at least 7 M6 here and 15 M3 so...you imagine how my eyes are crying when seeing and BMW and want to challenge their cars...and demonstrate how Audi is better...

jonas21
June 3rd, 2007, 10:22
Well that would mean that you directly go to those guys and tell them you want to race them....i am not talking about that. I am talking about regular "street occasions".
Here in germany you'll find alot of supercars, likely alot more than in romania...likely because of (almost) no speed limits :)
Anyway, my point is that i am not buying the RS6 just to trash a M5. The RS got alot more advantages just than that...its the complete combination that makes it a excellent car. Of course, the M5 is a fine car too but probably for different applications/people (or whatever you call it :).
Since the new RS6 will be atleast 15% more expensive than the current M5 its hard to compare. What would have BMW done if they would have put the same money into the M5 as the (new) RS6?

SuperstarDriver
June 3rd, 2007, 10:31
nothing, the same product, nothing else, bmw doesn't know to make great car for evry purpose, even for racing, and without the engine in a bmw nothing is good in my opinion, so remains the best RS6!

skiwi
June 3rd, 2007, 20:59
quite frankly guys, i find this "my car is better than yours" stuff nonsense.

the majority of people i know with flash cars can't drive for nuts. they think they can of course, but they would be shown up around a circuit by a horse and cart, and wouldn't know an apex if it jumped up and bit them....

Leadfoot
June 3rd, 2007, 21:50
quite frankly guys, i find this "my car is better than yours" stuff nonsense.

the majority of people i know with flash cars can't drive for nuts. they think they can of course, but they would be shown up around a circuit by a horse and cart, and wouldn't know an apex if it jumped up and bit them....

Good point and that is why Audi has doggedly stuck with Quattro and an understeer policy even though they get bad reviews compared to the rwd rivals. They understand that most of the people that buy these cars can't drive worth a dam and giving anything over 300hp is plain silly for two wheels.

I choose Audi over BMW or any of the others not for the fact it is quicker or a better handling car but it's the overall design and the way the car drives and I think each and every one of us feel the same.

skiwi
June 4th, 2007, 01:06
good points: i've gone head-to-head (around a circuit) with a few motoring journalists in my time - very very few were any good. and yet these are the guys who warble on about controlling the car through oversteering drifts, "steering "feel" and other nonsense. most of them would sh*t themselves the 1st time that happened on a normal road....

SuperstarDriver
June 4th, 2007, 11:33
of course, audi has the best design, best cockpit materials, best cockpit design, best steering wheel and of course the handling and the safety is way out of this planet, like Clarkson said when he tested the S4:IT HAS AN ABSOLUTELY SUBLIME STEERING WHEEL...so...audi rocks!!!

skiwi
June 4th, 2007, 11:38
man, is there a echo in here or what?????
:vgrumpy:

SuperstarDriver
June 4th, 2007, 14:36
echo?this are my thoughts and only mine, you observed that my thinking about audi is not like to be the same to another audi fan so....

skiwi
June 4th, 2007, 19:47
except that you repeat the same thoughts time and again. why?

Leadfoot
June 4th, 2007, 19:58
Skiwi,

Superstar is no longer posting on the site, so such silly remarks will no detract from what are very good discussions.

vec110
June 4th, 2007, 21:31
Skiwi,

Superstar is no longer posting on the site, so such silly remarks will no detract from what are very good discussions.

ABOUT TIME....lol. :applause:

well until he signs on under another name!!! although he is very easy to spot! :lovl:

Leadfoot
June 4th, 2007, 21:47
I AM NEW HERE AND MY NAME IS SUPER-AUDI-LOVER. I just love Audis because of their QUATTRO SYSTEM which makes THE CRAP BMW RWD SYSTEM LOOK SILLY with the BAD INTERIOR and MAD DESIGN.

No vec110, I don't know what you mean, I don't think he will easily spotted.;)

artur777
June 4th, 2007, 23:06
Leadfoot, was he banned from the server?

Leadfoot
June 4th, 2007, 23:45
Leadfoot, was he banned from the server?

artur777,

My previous statement was meant as a joke.

vec110
June 4th, 2007, 23:51
artur777,

My previous statement was meant as a joke.

that wasnt funny......
you had me!
also dont forget ANYTHING WITHOUT QUATTRO IS UNSAFE TO DRIVE. ALL OTHER DRIVE SYSTEMS SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE ROAD BECAUSE THEY ARE UNSAFE. AUDI IS GOD!

vec110
June 4th, 2007, 23:55
back on a real note...i stick to my first impressions and share the idea that the fenders should be wider. i dont care if its bum looks big...lol. i want some nice contact patches. not like 265 arent big but maybe 275's or so. i hope that tape hides very well and they are big!:bow:

Benman
June 5th, 2007, 00:34
I AM NEW HERE AND MY NAME IS SUPER-AUDI-LOVER...

LOL Leadie!!!

All joking aside fellas, SuperStar will be "absent" for awhile.

skiwi
June 5th, 2007, 07:33
good call guys.....last i checked audi wasn't classified as a religion.....

Leadfoot
June 5th, 2007, 11:33
good call guys.....last i checked audi wasn't classified as a religion.....

I'm not so surely about that, I hear Tom Cuise is now a member. :D