PDA

View Full Version : Guys...i present the new A4/S4

ZeroCool
May 21st, 2007, 08:32
Just found on www.audiworld.com (http://www.audiworld.com)

http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/audi-b8-a4-sneak-peek/

Regards,
Dali

Ruergard
May 21st, 2007, 10:06
Still guesses, doesn't "fit" into the spy pics that we've seen so far. Or is it just me?

But who knows.. we'll just have to wait and see! Frankfurt will be nice!

Erik
May 21st, 2007, 10:24
http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/audi-b8-a4-sneak-peek/header.jpg

Audi will show the B8 A4 in Frankfurt in September
Sources at Audi have confirmed to AudiWorld that the next generation Audi A4 will make its worldwide debut in the fall at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Completely redesigned both inside and out, the B8 A4 will in many ways be similar to the recently introduced B8 A5 and S5 coupés.

With the new A4 just a little over four months away we wanted to give readers a good idea of what to expect inside and out. Matt Daniels has also prepared three exclusive renders of the 2009 A4 (sedan, Avant and S4) which represent our best guess at what the final product will look like.

First and foremost the new A4 will utilize Audi's up-and-coming MLP (Modular Longitudinal Platform) technology which will form the basis of not only the A4 and A5, but the also soon-to-be-revealed Q5 crossover SUV, next-generation A6, the as-yet-to-be-announced A7 and even the next A8. MLP allows Audi to place the engine and transmission further back behind the axle and helps stretch the wheelbase without lengthing the car's exterior dimensions. Less front overhang means the 2009 A4 will be less front-heavy than its predecessor, a problem which has dogged most Audis for some time.

The B8 A4 will only be about one inch longer than the current A4, although the longer wheelbase will make it appear to be a relatively bigger car. Front and rear overhang each decrease by nearly three inches. Thanks to its available next generation quattro all-wheel drive (rear-biased with a 40/60 split) and MLP architechture the new A4 will handle significantly better than any of the previous generation A4s before it.

http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/audi-b8-a4-sneak-peek/header2.jpg

The new A4 will also get something that its A5 brethren unfortunately did not - LED tail lamps. We have been told that the development cycle on the A5 was such that tail lamp designs had to be locked-in before the more cost effective LED models to be used on the A4 could be finalized. The A4 will also include headlight-integrated LED daytime running lights as an option, while the S4 will get them as a standard feature.

Inside the new A4 it will be more of the same from Audi; world class interior treatments will grace the A4 and each of its variants. The cabin will be very similar to the A5's with a more raked (and slightly driver's side skewed) center console, an all new climate control and audio center stack and more distinctive gauges. The driver will be able to adjust the armrest both up-and-down and by sliding front to back.

Interior seating comfort will be largely unchanged from the previous A4, with the exception of the rear seats where at least an inch of additional legroom will be available due to the wheelbase changes.

Powerplants for North America will be standard Audi fare with a 2.0-liter TFSI, a 3.2-liter V6 and the 4.2-liter FSI V8 in the S4 version. Expect to see a new 1.8-liter TFSI offering for Europe as well as both 4 and 6-cylinder TDI variants. Available transmissions will include a 6-speed manual, multitronic and Audi's newest S-tronic dual-clutch gearbox.

http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/audi-b8-a4-sneak-peek/header3.jpg

Audi is being very tight lipped about exact A4 variants beyond the standard sedan offering. Looking at the current generation A4, Audi produces the A4 sedan, A4 Avant, A4 Cabriolet, S4 sedan, S4 Avant, S4 Cabriolet and RS4. Things will definitely change, but the final details are unknown at this time.

We can safely speculate that the A4 and S4 Cabriolets go away in favor of a A5 and S5 Cabriolets, respectively. We have also read at least one article saying that the A4 and S4 Avants will be replaced by the upcoming Audi Q5, although we hear that this is simply not the case. The Q5 will be marketed as an SUV, which is clearly different than the A4 / S4 Avant. Last, a four-door A4 Sportback has been mentioned and this remains a weak possibility as a 2010 or beyond model.

The 2009 A4 will be available in Europe by spring 2008 with general availability in North America later that fall. No pricing has been confirmed, but consumers should not expect to see much in the way of price increases. One things is certain: buyers will be getting more car for the money with the next generation A4.

Erik
May 21st, 2007, 10:29
http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/audi-b8-a4-sneak-peek/header3.jpg

http://www.smartson.se/uploadedImages/Articles/Analysis_Archive_Bogdan_2/Maserati_Quattroporte_front.jpg

http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/audi-b8-a4-sneak-peek/header.jpg

http://www.avto-union.com/images/models/maserati_quattroporte.jpg

Leadfoot
May 21st, 2007, 11:08
Erik,

Is it not true that the A4 will have a narrower wheel track front and rear than the A5. If this is indeed the look of the A4/S4 then I for one rate it an improvement of the out going model, especially the S4 which is a major improvement.

With the S4 being launched with the standard versions we should again see the RS4 coming a lot sooner in the production cycle than previously seen. Well here's hoping that the case.

AndyBG
May 21st, 2007, 11:25
If this is what we are expecting... MAN !!!

I'm in love ! :love:

It looks so good, so ''expensive''.

So classy looking car !

MB c class is funny when I look at this !

Can you just imagine new RS 4...

BRAVO AUDI ! :applause:

Dirk
May 21st, 2007, 12:42
It's just a shame that the B7 RS4 will be looking a bit dated as soon as the B8 has arrived, even if the next RS4 will only be for - let's say - 2010/2011.

Nevertheless, current RS4 looks hot :rs4addict

Benman
May 22nd, 2007, 18:32
Looks: B7 RS 4>B8 S4.

I think it looks good, but there really is a lot of Bangle influence in the new design. We can shut our eyes to it (being biased) but it is certainly there.

Overall, not too shabby, but not a homerun.

Ben:addict:

AndyBG
May 22nd, 2007, 18:55
It's just a shame that the B7 RS4 will be looking a bit dated as soon as the B8 has arrived, even if the next RS4 will only be for - let's say - 2010/2011.

I think that Audi is changing their ''RS policy'', having in mind that new S4 is coming out with A4, I'm expecting RS 4 to be released on the 2008 Paris auto show.

Looks: B7 RS 4>B8 S4.

I think it looks good, but there really is a lot of Bangle influence in the new design. We can shut our eyes to it (being biased) but it is certainly there.

Overall, not too shabby, but not a homerun.

Ben:addict:

Bangle influence, that is for sure, but ''Bangle cars'' are selling, and in this case I'm in love with this car !

So good, IMHO !

Dirk
May 23rd, 2007, 10:18
I think that Audi is changing their ''RS policy'', having in mind that new S4 is coming out with A4, I'm expecting RS 4 to be released on the 2008 Paris auto show.

You can't compare S4 to RS4 : whole different chassis etcetera. I can't imagine that AUdi will develope a brand new RS4 chassis next to a brand new A4 chassis from the beginning...

AndyBG
May 23rd, 2007, 10:59
I think that Audi will develop new RS 4 on the B8 platform, probably very similar to RS 5...

Dirk
May 23rd, 2007, 11:07
... off course, but I don't expect that to happen before 2010 !

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2007, 11:50
... off course, but I don't expect that to happen before 2010 !

That sounds about right, the RS5 will appear late 2008~early 2009 but will be shown at the 2008 Frankfurt show. The RS4 will be at least six months later at the earliest.

AndyBG
May 23rd, 2007, 14:14
There is no 2008 Frankfurt, it's Paris auto show 2008, and I'm sure that new RS 4 will be presented then.

MB is preparing C 63 AMG for the Frankfurt 2007 and Audi want be just looking at them taking their customers ...

But we will see... :rs4addict

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2007, 15:47
Andy,

Sorry you were correct, I should have said Paris.

Damienr8
May 23rd, 2007, 21:03
I hope to god those renders are inaccurate. I would like to see it look more like Huck's impressions, instead of looking like a 4 door A5.

Leadfoot
May 24th, 2007, 15:11
For those of us interested in owning a new model B8 S4 Avant, if WorldCarFans statement is anything to go by don't hold your breath.:noshake:

WCF
Tired of your oh so boring 367-bhp C 55 AMG? Here’s hope: Mercedes’ new-generation C-Class will be available in C 63 AMG guise with the firm’s sophisticated 6.3-litre V8, capable of pumping a massive 520 bhp but likely to be tamed to around 400 to 420 bhp for the compact saloon and estate, as our pictures reveal for the very first time. That’s still in line with the new BMW M3 (http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsID/2070405.010/country/gcf/bmw/new-bmw-m3-officially-revealed) and an increase in power of around 10 percent over today’s model. We expect the new C 63 AMG saloon and estate to break out in Frankfurt in September this year. There’s hope for those who prefer a BMW over a Mercedes as Munich will soon launch the Touring variant of the all-new M3, but Audi enthusiasts will have to wait quite a bit longer for their all new S4 Avant which is unlikely to make it before 2010.

Here's hoping they have got this one wrong, very wrong.

3abdo
May 24th, 2007, 20:47
i found this render of the new a4 here (http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoID/6070511.001/pageview/photo/photo/1/page/1/lang/eng/country/gcf/audi/spy-photos-new-audi-a4) it does look much beter than the one on audiworld in my opinion.

AndyBG
May 24th, 2007, 22:18
Here's hoping they have got this one wrong, very wrong.

I don't see reason for that...

I think that B8 S4 is coming out in the same time with B8 A4...

...RS 4 following 2008/09...

My expectations and hopes...

MR USER
May 25th, 2007, 09:44
B8 RS4 in one year??? they released the B7 in late 2005... is it not a bit too early? On the other hand it would be just fantastic!!!!

AndyBG
May 25th, 2007, 10:46
Well, in the past we were waitng for a year or more for S model, now Audi releasing S model together with A.
It was case with A5/S5, and I think it's going to be a case with new A4/S4...

we will see...

Leadfoot
May 25th, 2007, 11:02
I am a little surprised as to why Audi launched the S5 at the start of the model range, I know they wanted to match what BMW had with their 3series Coupe so the only reason I can come up with is that Audi didn't have an engine to compete with the 335i.

Now there is talk that Audi are close to launching a v6 Bi-turbo, will this be on-board at the A4 launch and if so will this mean no S4, allowing Audi to further develop the S4 engine/car and then introduce a new improved version at it launch to the S5.

I know there is a lot of ifs and buts in my statement but at present I feel the S4 will not be there at launch and WFC think this as well.

MR USER
May 25th, 2007, 11:14
As the new M3 is out now and there will not be an update of this car for quite some time... I feel Audi will have no pressure on releasing S or RS models any time soon...

After all they have the whole range set up to match or surclass the BMW why should they play their aces first? I would further focus on developement and prepare to relase new class leaders... rather than match competition.

IMHO does not make strategic sense to anticipate times.

AndyBG
May 26th, 2007, 03:21
I think that releasing of S model in the same time with A model is good strategy, because, it makes model to look stronger from the biggining.

In A5 case, it's preety nice example...

S5 - 335 i coupe - CLK 500

Toto89
May 26th, 2007, 19:10
I think that releasing of S model in the same time with A model is good strategy, because, it makes model to look stronger from the biggining.

In A5 case, it's preety nice example...

S5 - 335 i coupe - CLK 500

This is a good point, but on the other hand...If i see well, if they have more time to do, the result will be better.
I explain what I mean: in the case of B6, S4 came 2 years later and was a big success, far better than it's opponents.
With A5, the S model gets almost the same engine as the previous generation S4 (10hp and FSI technology is not much improvement) but 5 years have passed!
Now, S5's opponent is the current BMW 335i, in 2002, S4's "enemy" was the then M3. I see this as a fall back.
Before this current generation, every model brought a brand new engine:2.2 R5 T; 2.7 V6 T; 4.2 V8; and now 4.2 V8 again.
Does anybody agree with me?

AndyBG
May 27th, 2007, 01:36
Back than it was diferent, time has brouth some changes, then S4 was in the ''power range'' of the M3, (343 vs 344 hp), now M3 has 425 hps, and S5/S4 are in the line of the 335 and CLK 500.

I think that Audi is making its model range more clear, S models will be released much sooner, with RS model following in year or maximum two.

Leadfoot
May 27th, 2007, 08:34
You have to remember that if Audi had wanted the S5 to complete with the new M3 we would all to paying an extra £7~8K more for the car than it's present prices which by the way is pretty close to the current S4 when you factor in the extras the S5 has over the S4.

Better looks, a better drive, a little quicker and better handling for no extra money, I reckon that is a good result.

Toto89
May 27th, 2007, 12:18
Yes, this is the other (positive) side of the shield.:thumb:

Charles DLF
May 27th, 2007, 15:29
OH CRAAAAAAAP!!!! Come on audi, what's up with those UGLY side lines, don't like them on the A5, and hate them even more on the "future" A4!

Sooooo disapointed here, soooo frustrated, and soooo about to forget audis if they keep going this way...

AndyBG
May 27th, 2007, 22:59
OH CRAAAAAAAP!!!! Come on audi, what's up with those UGLY side lines, don't like them on the A5, and hate them even more on the "future" A4!

Sooooo disapointed here, soooo frustrated, and soooo about to forget audis if they keep going this way...

Ok, this is ugly for you..., where your money is going... ?

What car maker, in your opinion, is making better looking cars ?

Charles DLF
May 27th, 2007, 23:06
i don't know, so far my cars are pretty recent, and i love them, but it will be a heart braking decision to make, i HATE BMW and and i don't even consider MBs... But if audi is going all the way to something like this, they won't get my money any more... which is a shame, cause i'm currently on my 7th audi... and i don't want to have to chose between eating crap and drinking piss, Audis have for a long time been like caviar to my eyes, and that's why i love them so much, and i am so faithful to them...

Thank god the TT, the A3, the A6, the A8 and the... beautifuuuuul R8 are still here to warm my heart, but A4 and A5... certainly not my cup of tea...

AndyBG
May 27th, 2007, 23:40
You see..

It's like a trap, you don't even consider other car makers, and Audi is now ugly to you... what you are going to buy next...?
There isn't many options to consider, Porsche Panamera is only new thing in that segmet that is coming and interesting...

But, I still think that you are over reacting, A5 and future A4, IMHO, aren't ugly cars, I LOVE THEM, but I understandt that you have problem with new design line, maybe you scholud give them a little time, maybe you will change your opinion,

:cheers:

Charles DLF
May 28th, 2007, 14:12
Was going to say Panamera, but then it's not in the same league as an A4, much more powerful, exclusive, more of an S6/RS6 competitor.

That was my point Andy, i don't consider other german car makers, and i don't like the new Audi design... But i won't just say "hell, f*** it, i'll buy an audi because i don't like the others" I want to keep buying audis because i like the damn cars, and not as an "escape route" from other car makers.

Of course i am over reacting, it's not hideous, i just don't like it, defenitly not what audi has used us to. But if was a renault i'd say it's a very good looking car, 'cause it would be an upscale for those loooooosers!! ;)

AndyBG
May 29th, 2007, 01:24
Exatcly, Panamera is more like, RS 6 league...

You still didn;t answer me, where you are going after Audi ... ?

BMW and Merc' are out, I presume Lexus to, where that leaves you...

... Peugeot :doh: :noshake: :rotflmao:

I think that alternativ doesn't exist...

What do you think ?

:cheers:

Leadfoot
May 29th, 2007, 11:37
I think the new design that Audi are using in their latest cars (R8, A5 and now A4) have gone off in a totally different direction than the previous designs and because of this they are alienating some loyal customers like Charles DLF. I believe as we all get use to seeing them more often they appeal will grow and in no time at all will be looking back and wondering why they weren't liked in the first place.

I hated the 3series Coupe the first time I saw it in the magazines and said as much on this site but now seeing them in the fresh and as often as I have I really think it is one of BMW's best designs ever.

The A5 and A4 will be the seem in time, people don't like change but sometime it's a good thing.