PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warrantee Thread

Aronis
May 20th, 2007, 16:54
Hi All,

As my lease is coming to an end, I have been trying to look at extended warrantee options.

I purchased the Audi Premium Extended warrantee as I neared 48,000 miles, and opted for the 5 year 75,000 mile deal at $1800.

I did not read all the fine print, my error, but specifically asked about getting an additional YEAR of coverage.

ASS it turned out, the product Audi sells you for more than 5,999 miles is good from January 1 of the MODEL YEAR, not the PURCHASE TIME. I thought I was buying 5 years from the PURCHASE date, but the FINE PRINT bit me on the ass.

Anyway I did buy more MILIAGE so at least I am covered until the lease actually ends, this December.

The other options were 100,000 or 7 years, which would then cover from January 1, 2003 to January 1, 2010, thus giving me two full years.

The point of this post is not rant, but rather to put together opinions on Audi Extended Warrantee vs OTHER products which are out there.

Any first hand information would be helpful to this thread.

Mike

PS one thing I did right was the 15,000 mile per year lease as I am inching toward 55,000 miles with 7 months left on the lease, and as I am buying new snows in the fall, if I turn it in it will be turned in with the SNOWS and plenty of tread left....LOL:applause:

EATRICE
May 23rd, 2007, 17:01
Great post with good information. Thanks.

Do you know if the "Extended" warranties are transferrable should you sell the car?

And can a non-original owner buy an exteded warranty? If so, what are the requirements? If so, does the car have to still be under the original manufacturer warranty?

EATRICE
May 23rd, 2007, 18:54
can a non-original owner buy an exteded warranty?
Yes.

If so, does the car have to still be under the original manufacturer warranty?
For an Audi extended warranty it does, but not for an aftermarket one.

These are answers to my own questions couresty of Audi Customer Care.:hahahehe:

Aronis
May 23rd, 2007, 22:11
new Audi warrantee offered by my dealer....$3200 for 4 years or 48,000 miles and the clock starts the day you buy the extended warrantee.

This is only available up to the Audi Gold Plus, not the Platinum....

This is not a bad option, as it is still an Audi product!!!!

I'll be buying that in a few months.

Mike

EATRICE
May 23rd, 2007, 22:19
This is only available up to the Audi Gold Plus, not the Platinum....

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the differences between these two levels, please explain further. Thanks for the extra info, especially the price quote!:thumb: