PDA

View Full Version : future of audi?

tvrfan
May 20th, 2007, 13:55
what happens to your opinion after with AUDI in the future? Porsche has Volkswagens taken over AUDI by Porsche with is more or less bought up now or it in the future will alone survive? I want that AUDI remain independent in the future which think their which effect on AUDI the assumption of Porsche at Volkswagens will have? positive or negative.

sry for bad english <---- german ;)

florin08
May 20th, 2007, 17:41
I want too audi to be independent.Porshe did work with audi on the rs2 and they did a hell of a job. The only thing that i don`t like now is that everything that is developed by audi must also be on VW or seat, skoda( ex : FSI engines). VW also has in the front a gril simillar to the one at audi , and what i`ve notice recently is that the front lights from Passat are in proportion of 70% the same as the R8. But there is no doubt that audi has pprogresed a lot since being owned by VW, but still i think they should be independent. They will definetly make it on their own. :rs6kiss:

chewym
May 20th, 2007, 23:38
Keep it as it. Audi can develop cars much cheaper than the competitors. BMW just lost huge amount of money with the development of the new X5 and 3 series coupe.

gmbh6
May 22nd, 2007, 03:04
With so many mergers going on nowadays I don't think people care to much about the pedigree anymore. It's all about the car, the brand, and the performance when it come to German cars.

Audi has a strong foothold in the States. You can't go 2 blocks without seeing at least 1 audi drive by. I think their future is extremely strong.

Leadfoot
May 22nd, 2007, 08:12
In the past Porsche and VW developed cars together in the form of the SUV, I wonder will it be more a tie-up with Audi on this front as Audi are after all gunning for BMW for in the form of a 'driver's car' and this will work better for Porsche as present VW designs are more about maximising passenger space, something Porsche neither need or want from future models.