PDA

View Full Version : To Badge or De-badge, that is the question

mbolo
May 20th, 2007, 13:28
In my opinion, part of the charm with the RS4 is that it's so stealthy. So, how many of you have de-badged your cars completely?

Seems like the front "rs4" emblem can be removed pretty effortlessly but anyone done the same with the rear emblem?

Pics are always preferred too by the way..
Oh, and just for the record: :rs4addict

Leadfoot
May 20th, 2007, 15:46
Stealthy you say,

So you don't think the two 6" oval exhaust pipes with a note to die for, the beefed up bodykit and 19"alloys aren't a tiny give away that this car is a little bit special.;)

Mr.X
May 20th, 2007, 17:01
I agree, not sure just how much of a difference de-badging will make. If anything, i think no badges give the car even more exclusivity and would attract more attention and curiosity.

AchTTung
May 20th, 2007, 17:35
Are you planning on removing the badges on the doors as well? The empty rhombus may look a little strange.

I did take the V8 badges off, for the record, but have yet to remove any others.

mbolo
May 20th, 2007, 21:16
Leadfoot:
You're right. Of course the RS4 isn't discreet, that's not what I'm saying, but compare it with a 911 turbo or the new M3 and it definitely shouts less.

It's always going to have presence even though it may be understated, and I really like that. The point of de-badging it is purely aesthetical: I like symmetry and the badges disturb me just a tad. No intention of trying to be the smart-a** at the red lights, driving a "sleeper", I just like the clean look.

I think Roger Moore put it elegantly in Cannonball Run: "Why advertise?"

AchTTung:
I'm not too sure I'd try remove the badges on the side doors as you're right, it would leave a "dent". Any pictures?

BigRick
May 20th, 2007, 21:38
I debadged the two V8 tags (they just don't look good to me)

And I "got" debadged of the front RS4 badge (some one stoled it). That's the one that is really easy to remove (may be too easy :( )

AchTTung
May 20th, 2007, 22:37
AchTTung:
I'm not too sure I'd try remove the badges on the side doors as you're right, it would leave a "dent". Any pictures?

There are some pics in this thread over at AudiWorld (http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/48947.phtml).

Audihead
May 21st, 2007, 03:28
I also had the V8 badges removed. The car didn't even leave the dealer lot with them on. To me they just screamed Bitchin' Camaro. The rest have been left alone.:rs4addict

Mori
May 21st, 2007, 16:46
Debadged rear:

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5510/l9000062kc9.jpg