PDA

View Full Version : I'm back but...

LamboM
May 16th, 2007, 23:06
I'm back but I'm broken.
One of my friends has committed a suicide.
He wasn't a close friend of mine but still...
To be honest I don't know what to think right now I am absolutely shocked.

You hear about those things in the news, read it in newspapers almost everyday but when it's someone you know it's just....

I.. I...

AndyBG
May 17th, 2007, 00:05
Sad to hear that...

Specially if it is your age...

Benman
May 17th, 2007, 23:43
I would offer my prayers Lambo, but I already know you do not believe in God.

A Darwinist might look at it this way, it is evolution's way of eliminating the weak minded. Needly to say I do not prescribe to that mentality, so I'll offer my prayers nontheless. Sorry to hear about your loss. It is unfortunately a very selfish act, because now the one who commited suicide is now at rest, but everyone left (parents, friends and family) is left to suffer. Not fair.

It is a simple matter of never fully understanding what is in another's mind. In the last 5 years, I have lost two friends to suicide. One not very close, one like a brother. I can't judge them as I never walked in their shoes. Hopefully, their peace was worth everyone elses suffering...

Ben:addict:

Mr Balsen
May 18th, 2007, 06:59
My brother in law has study suicide during his medecine Phd:

Suicide is a very quick decision. Not a long thought process.
Suicide is seen as the ONLY solution. It is like a corridor.

Personnally, It has not happened to me to lose a friend by suicide but I will not judge anybody negatively if he/she decide to do so.....

Cheers,
Frederic

Leadfoot
May 18th, 2007, 08:10
LamboM,

I know exactly how you are feeling, a dear friend of mine of 15 years did exactly the same thing a few years ago leaving two young boys. You want to know why he did it like I did but in my case no one knew the reason.

Like Ben says, you have to feel for the rest of the family, they are the ones left to pick up the pieces.

Very sad.:nana:

May I ask what age he was?

LU-RS6
May 21st, 2007, 02:51
LamboM

I just wanted to send you some strength in these tough days, try to keep your head up and stay strong!

MR USER
May 21st, 2007, 16:21
Sooner or later we all loose someone close. I lost a very good friend that attempted suicide 2 times and only the second one he succeded. After the first attempt (he was 15) he was in a coma for 6 months. Once back his brain could not control his body anymore. A life that was unberable to him when he was normal turned his body into his own prison. He was born the same year and same day as me Just 15 minutes and 50 km away...... He died the day of our 18th birthday.

He will always be in the hart of his friends.

It's hard to accept how hard life can be with all of us. Keep him in your hart and learn from his mistakes.

gmbh6
May 22nd, 2007, 03:44
This actually needs to be talked about a lot more. People do see it as a quick (and the only) solution. But like Ben said, the people that get left behind are the one's who suffer.

I think especially for kids who grow up sheltered and then once they hit high school and college life can seem like a rude awakening....a shock that can leave a weak-minded person to do the unthinkable. Should be talked about more in my opinion.

I'll pray for you and your friend....doesn't matter that you don't believe.

Leadfoot
May 22nd, 2007, 08:55
This actually needs to be talked about a lot more. People do see it as a quick (and the only) solution. But like Ben said, the people that get left behind are the one's who suffer.

I think especially for kids who grow up sheltered and then once they hit high school and college life can seem like a rude awakening....a shock that can leave a weak-minded person to do the unthinkable. Should be talked about more in my opinion.

I'll pray for you and your friend....doesn't matter that you don't believe.

This is something the school can address and in the UK every higher education school runs classes every other day to help kids cope with bullying and deal with the problem head-on. These should be the best years of your life and the most important but kids can be so cruel at pick on the weaker ones.

Like most here I have kids going through the education system and are concerned that something that this can happen to my own children.

Erik
May 22nd, 2007, 09:14
My cousin commited suicide last year. Sucks big time I know!

LamboM
May 22nd, 2007, 22:24
Hi
Well I'm back from the funeral it was hard.
And there were 3 things that were the hardest:
To hear the mother crying, my blood ran cold when I heard it, but she was strong
very strong infact, she didn't cry too much.
Seeing his best friend breaking down infront of my eyes, he couldn't heandle it
,well none of us could but we supported each other, in a way it was beautiful.
But the hardest thing, the hardest thing was to see the body (I'll soon explain how)

His death thought me few thing one of them is what you say, that suicide is
A selfish way with dealing problems
ANd I belive that suicide is not a solution to any problem, if you have a problem
it needs to heandled not escaped from.
ANd the fact that we are extremely fragile
and a few more thing that I won't describe
right now.

Now I try to be strong I have to, especially on this month that I have plenty of difficult tests and other thing on my head, this is by far the hardest moth of my life so far.
And even though his life ended dosn't mean I have to stop mine.
Life goes on with all of the difficulties in them.

Now he died in the age of 17, and I know some of the reasons why he did it
There are also many many rumors and myths surrounding him, in order to keep his privesy
I can't tell why he did it it's very complicated.

About the prayers, yes I don't belive in god, But prayers will be great at this time
Thanks.

Now if you ask how is it that I saw his body, well I didn't exsacly see it, you see we jews don't use coffins.
We belive in "from the ashes you came then to the ashes you shall return"
We cover the body in a special robe so we don't get to actually see the body
just it's general shape, after all most people can't see bodys it'll kill them.

And I'm sorry to hear that I'm not alone on this, Now I know How it feels like.

JavierNuvolari
May 24th, 2007, 17:04
Sad to hear mate. I just look at this thread. Good karma for you mate, be strong and overcome this sad moment.

Javier