PDA

View Full Version : A/S/RS5 Audio system

MR USER
May 16th, 2007, 14:19
Which system is the newcomer getting? is it the B&O seen on the R8? or the MMI of the A6/Q7/A8?
I really hope it's not getting the RNS-E fromt he current A4 line... It sucks!

Leadfoot
May 16th, 2007, 15:49
Yes it will be offered with a 525watt B&O system though the price is very reasonable compared to the A8 and R8 systems.

MR USER
May 16th, 2007, 17:27
Will it be RNS-E or MMI?

Leadfoot
May 16th, 2007, 17:34
Will it be RNS-E or MMI?

Oh now that the question, I think it can be purchased on it's own so will connect to the standard stereo. Hope this helps.:thumb:

roadrunner
May 20th, 2007, 12:00
Will it be RNS-E or MMI?

As the A5/S5/RS5 have the MMI - it should be the MMI + B&O system. The question remaing is: will it be the basic system found on the A6 or the high end version found on the A8 & Q7

The RNS-E is only left on the R8 & TT (and the soon to be replaced B7 A4) - probably due to the fact that they share some parts (Navi, climat control...)

Greetings
seb.

Leadfoot
May 20th, 2007, 12:10
As the A5/S5/RS5 have the MMI - it should be the MMI + B&O system. The question remaing is: will it be the basic system found on the A6 or the high end version found on the A8 & Q7

The RNS-E is only left on the R8 & TT (and the soon to be replaced B7 A4) - probably due to the fact that they share some parts (Navi, climat control...)

Greetings
seb.

From the pictures I have seen it looks like both RNS-E and MMI will be available or am I mistaken.

roadrunner
May 20th, 2007, 23:03
From the pictures I have seen it looks like both RNS-E and MMI will be available or am I mistaken.

I think we very often mix these two.

RNS-E is the DVD-NAV unit used in the current A4/S4/RS4, the TT Mk.2 and R8.

It has the MMI logic, but has not a seperate MMI control unit - for me the main differentiator - as found on the A8, A6, Q7 and A5.

MMI does not have a compulsatory NAV unit. You get the basic MMI with the car and can beef it up (colour screen, NAV unit, AMI)

The RNS-E is an optional NAV unit, with e.g. limited Ipod support, no SAP bluetooth profile. Big plus are the two card readers, which the MMI is missing.

I hope i could clear up some things, and not add to the confusion :cheers:

Greetings.
seb