Qisha
May 16th, 2007, 09:53
Dear Friends,

some facts:

2.0 TFSI, 300HP, 350NM
quattro 4WD 60:40
S-Tronic
Ceramic Brakes

A limited amount of cars could be produced if enough positive response is shown.

Qisha

Leadfoot
May 16th, 2007, 10:14
I think it is one of those car you just have to see in the fresh before you can appreciate it to the full. Personally I think it's a little bottom heavy, especially at the front, though I do hope the engine and quattro setting make it to production.

Ruergard
May 16th, 2007, 11:38
I like the rear end and the interior. But the front is as Leadfoot wrote a little bit "low".. looks heavy. But the speccs isn't bad...

And ofcourse the enginebay! :love:

AndyBG
May 16th, 2007, 12:00
This looks like a proper exotic to me, if Audi produce this car... :revs:

THX, Qisha ! :thumb:

Toto89
May 16th, 2007, 13:10
Not perfectly my style, but I'm very glad to see this because this is the case where Audi was "brave enough"...I mean giving 300hp to a 2.0TFSI. Reminds me of old days when RS2 had the great engine with almost the same hp/litre performance.:thumb:

RXBG
May 16th, 2007, 15:03
wait a sec. no comments on the engine, guys? 300 hp out of the 2.0? audi would be crazy not to offer it as the TTs engine. in size and weight and torque this little gem would put the TT ahead of the cayman S and maybe even the Z4 M!!!!!!!!

what an awesome powerplant. anyone have more data on it?

Leadfoot
May 16th, 2007, 15:10
Myself and Qisha talked about this engine months ago but at that time there was no comments on whether this engine would make it into the range. I hope that Audi has now decided to commit to building it because like RXBG says this would give the TT an engine to compete with the Cayman S on performance. Though if Audi are bring out a 5cyl engine then is there really a need.

Benman
May 16th, 2007, 15:37
Love both... car and engine... but the engine could have far reaching potential.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

PeterJohn
May 16th, 2007, 15:38
Bold. I like the styling. Though that intake is very tuner-esque (in a bad way), and very non functional. K&N cone filters are pure BS, and the location of this one inside the hot engine bay will harm effeciency.

I doubt we'll see even a limited production. The car obviously can't be closed, so there's a open invitation to rain and phlem. Not even Lamborghini could get away with something that unpractical.

Leadfoot
May 16th, 2007, 16:31
I doubt even with interest the finished product would be this impractical, but the rest of the car is very much a goer in my opinion.

But I think we aren't thinking out of the box enough, if one thinks of Saudi etc where there is little or no rain and all of these things are only toys then Audi could very much build it as is and no doubt sell a bucket load.

ültje1
May 16th, 2007, 16:50
hope some parts will be used in the S TT like the LED Headlights!!!!! and the exhaust :D

Iceman
May 16th, 2007, 17:35
I only like the side mirrors and the double oval exhaust.

btw, A 2.5 litre inline five cylinder version of this can have 375 hp.

Hans.

Leadfoot
May 16th, 2007, 17:52
I only like the side mirrors and the double oval exhaust.

btw, A 2.5 litre inline five cylinder version of this can have 375 hp.

Hans.

Yep, but in the TT/S it will at best only produce around 310~325hp. Now if Audi do decide to bring out more RS models then a 375hp TT/RS would be point on.:thumb:

RXBG
May 16th, 2007, 18:52
sorry. i think this IS the TT-S engine. it comes from audi and audi has the habit of mixing fact with fiction. the car is fiction- i don't think it'd be produced. but the engine is the real thing. why put in such an engine in this concept car? why? unless it is an empty tease audi doesn't believe could be reliable enough for mass production? no, i think this is it. i still remain so puzzled because the 2.5L 5-cyl seemed perfect for this car, as well.

doesn't make sense.

imo the new gen TT should have started with a HO 2.0 TT with 230 hp, then offered the inline 5 cyl with 280 hp, and finally the S with a 5cyl turbo making 350.

Iceman
May 16th, 2007, 19:07
imo the new gen TT should have started with a HO 2.0 TT with 230 hp, then offered the inline 5 cyl with 280 hp, and finally the S with a 5cyl turbo making 350.
I totally agree with you.
Make the 280 hp inline 5 as a K03 turbo and the 350 hp as a K04 turbo.

Hans.

Leadfoot
May 16th, 2007, 19:53
I totally agree with you.
Make the 280 hp inline 5 as a K03 turbo and the 350 hp as a K04 turbo.

Hans.

I think we would all agree with this, but I doubt that at the time the TT was launched the 5cyl engine wouldn't ready for production and so we got stuck with that heavy old VR6 engine.:rolleyes:

The perfect line would have been a 1.8TFSi fwd, 2.0TFSi fwd, 2.5R5TFSi awd and a TT/S 2.5R5TFSi. But is there an chance of Audi dropping the 3.2Lv6 in favour of a 5cyl engine?

ültje1
May 16th, 2007, 20:02
i got high quality pic of the clubsport TT on my site ! just for info :D

www.alex-poellinger.de

Iceman
May 16th, 2007, 20:28
i got high quality pic of the clubsport TT on my site ! just for info :D
I like the two TT pictures with the gergeous girl beside it.

Hans.

ültje1
May 16th, 2007, 21:15
hehe :D :hahahehe: :hahahehe: :jlol:

Iceman
May 17th, 2007, 03:11
It realy needs a better engine, a 2.5 R5T would be about right.
But serious if the engine/drivetrain, brakes, wheels, exhaust and mirrors make it into production, and combined with a S-line body kit you will have a nice TT Quattro Sport (TT QS). ;)

Hans.

chewym
May 17th, 2007, 06:38
TT-S preview. With the engine and fender flares and such.

Iceman
May 20th, 2007, 23:06
Awefull engine sound of the TT CS, but what do you exspect from a 4 cylinder engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKCcmEJRd8

Hans.

Leadfoot
May 21st, 2007, 20:12
Hans,

I must agree with you on that one, the wife has a blender with a meater noise than that.:hihi:

Leadfoot
May 25th, 2007, 14:46
I see all UK magazines are stating that the engine in the Clubsport Speedster is the very engine that will be seen in the up and coming TT/S and that a lot of the styling clues seen on this car will make it to production on the TT/S including the front end and the extended wheel arches.

I was under the impression that some here were told by dealers that the TT/S was to get a 5cylinder engine, is this now not the case.

Iceman
May 25th, 2007, 16:14
I see all UK magazines are stating that the engine in the Clubsport Speedster is the very engine that will be seen in the up and coming TT/S and that a lot of the styling clues seen on this car will make it to production on the TT/S including the front end and the extended wheel arches.

I was under the impression that some here were told by dealers that the TT/S was to get a 5cylinder engine, is this now not the case.
No, it seems that the TTS will only get a 270 hp 2.0 litre turbo FSI engine.
This info is also availeble for the German Audi dealers, they can already order there showroom cars.
The looks of the TTS will be a mix of S-line TT, Audi S3 and A5 S-line if my info is correct.
And there is nothing be said about wider Clubsport style arches.

Hans.

Leadfoot
May 25th, 2007, 16:33
No, it seems that the TTS will only get a 270 hp 2.0 litre turbo FSI engine.
This info is also availeble for the German Audi dealers, they can already order there showroom cars.
The looks of the TTS will be a mix of S-line TT, Audi S3 and A5 S-line if my info is correct.
And there is nothing be said about wider Clubsport style arches.

Hans.

Looks like another missed opportunity to give the TT a set of teeth to go with the aggressive styling.:rolleyes:

In no way is this me knocking the S3 as I see it as something great in a very crowded market, it's just so much more is excepted of the TT especially with it's exotic bodyshell in this end of the market and the great effort to not only reduce the weight but also improve it's weight balance. The car is crying out for so much more than just 270hp.