PDA

View Full Version : My avant goes to the right under heavy braking...

reimon
May 13th, 2007, 21:24
Yesterday I was travelling at 180 km/h and had to brake hard. Tha car has 1,600 km and in that moment I noticed how it went to its right under heavy breaking as if the front right brake was stronger than the left one. My avant has Ceramic brakes on.

Tried the same a bit later and did the same. The psi of the 4 wheels were right.

What can be the problem??
By the way, I love this car:rs4kiss:

Klint
May 14th, 2007, 00:10
Good chance it's the tracking, always worth checking your tyre pressures before you go the (small) expense of getting the tracking done.

Also, test the car on a flat road where there's no camber...

Keep up to date.

Mori
May 14th, 2007, 00:17
I don't have that problem. Make sure the road is flat - most roads slope slightly to the outside due to water drainage etc.

A visit to the dealer to check on the "brake machine thingy" might be in order.

reimon
May 14th, 2007, 08:11
Good chance it's the tracking, always worth checking your tyre pressures before you go the (small) expense of getting the tracking done.

Also, test the car on a flat road where there's no camber...

Keep up to date.

Thank you and sorry for my poor english, but what do you mean by "the tracking"?

Klint
May 14th, 2007, 09:10
Thank you and sorry for my poor english, but what do you mean by "the tracking"?
Hi Reimon,

My Spanish isn't so good either! May start lessons actually.

"The Tracking" is where the suspension can be adjusted to improve handling, tyre wear and economy.

You'[ll be looking for the "toe angle" on the front wheels, to see if those meet the specs when the car left the factory.

Pot holes, Kerbs etc can cause the tracking to be knocked out off place.

Paul_rs4
May 14th, 2007, 10:01
Reimon check with audi dealer it may be some brake disks problem , happened to a friend of mine and he changed them in the first 2-3000 km!

KK265
May 14th, 2007, 10:29
Yesterday I was travelling at 180 km/h and had to brake hard. Tha car has 1,600 km and in that moment I noticed how it went to its right under heavy breaking as if the front right brake was stronger than the left one. My avant has Ceramic brakes on.

Tried the same a bit later and did the same. The psi of the 4 wheels were right.

What can be the problem??
By the way, I love this car:rs4kiss:
You are not alone...
http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9919