PDA

View Full Version : He curbed the rim!!

Mr.X
May 12th, 2007, 19:07
Last night my dad took the RS4 out for a drive and must have parked somewhere, as he was parking he curbed the passenger side's back rim. The damage isn't "too" bad but its not nice- I did search for a solution but couldn't find one. I was wondering if I should get it refurbished, or a buy a new one? Or is there any other way of fixing the damage?

Would really appreciate any help and feedback on this.

Thankyou

JavierNuvolari
May 12th, 2007, 20:17
"Curved"...mmm.... could post a photo of the damage? I think it would be a lot easier for other users to tell you wich way to go aith that rim.

Cheers mate,

Javier

Mr.X
May 12th, 2007, 22:37
Yeh your right, i'll post pics as soon as i get back to london- i'm in plymouth for a few days and the car's back at home.

Andyuk911
May 12th, 2007, 22:45
The only problem you will have is colour match.

There is a link on detailing world that shows how to repair.

The Halfords Audi Silver 3 pen kit is very near the colour.

Or Alternatively take the car to Wicked Wheels Royce road Manor Royal Crawley.

Mr.X
May 12th, 2007, 23:34
Got my father to take a pic and email it to me... here it is.

What do you guys think?

Best regards,

AL

RS6Driver
May 13th, 2007, 08:15
To me that looks very repairable. I have seen worse in my days and a professional will no doubt successfully restore that rim. Now you need to find one :)

Andyuk911
May 13th, 2007, 08:55
Yep it is, see :-

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/realwhda.html

Or get a local man in

jezzer
May 13th, 2007, 09:31
Hi - I had one of my RS4 wheels done by Iassen Lekov a really nice bloke from North London. His numbers are 0208 420 4030 or mobile 07780 701921. He has a mobile wheel repair business which means he can repair your rim at your home without any inconvienence and the finish is superb. The colour he uses is exactly the same as the RS4 rim and he will not finish the job until it is 100% perfect. It has been at least three months since mine was done and there is still no sign of the repair work showing. I also used him to repair the wheels on my 4.8is X5 and this was also spot on. Jezzer

markwm
May 13th, 2007, 22:57
Nobody parks on the kerb in London. I was down there on Friday and every single car parked on the street is butted right up to the kerb.

Up here in Leeds, everybody parks on the kerbs :)

jezzer
May 14th, 2007, 00:15
Nobody parks on the kerb in London. I was down there on Friday and every single car parked on the street is butted right up to the kerb.

Up here in Leeds, everybody parks on the kerbs :)

And supports a third rate football team :harass:

Mr.X
May 14th, 2007, 05:09
lol i hate parking in london.

Andyuk911
May 15th, 2007, 23:18
apparent original wheels

http://www.global-trade-germany.com/

was posted on rs246.com

brad
May 16th, 2007, 04:54
Last night my dad took the RS4 out for a drive and must have parked somewhere, as he was parking he curbed the passenger side's back rim. The damage isn't "too" bad but its not nice- I did search for a solution but couldn't find one. I was wondering if I should get it refurbished, or a buy a new one? Or is there any other way of fixing the damage?

Would really appreciate any help and feedback on this.

Thankyou

I did the same on my front drivers side rim going into a car parking lot - crunch! :cry:

Official word from Audi dealer was that whilst you can sometimes machine some rims, that for "high speed purposes" it is recommended to just get a new one. For $AUD980. For now have adopted the "do nothing' approach.

Guess if I get a new rim I could keep the old one in the back as a spare... :lovl:

Andyuk911
May 16th, 2007, 11:08
With all due respect that is rubbish.

That is bull from the dealer

Mr.X
May 17th, 2007, 17:45
Yes- i'm adopting that "do nothing" approach for now as well. I think i'll wait for a few months, be as careful as possible but in time i'm sure a few more scratches here and there (on the rims) will build up... Once they're quite notable and it starts to really show i'll go and get all 4 rims re-furbished and powder-coated in either dark chrome or high-power silver, they offer several finishes...

Do you guys think thats a sensible approach?

Best Regards,

AL