PDA

View Full Version : East Coast RS6 gathering

K04
May 15th, 2003, 05:10
I was wondering what the general feeling is towards an East Coast RS6 club/ meeting. Get together a couple times a year, rent out some track time and get this car out on the track reaching the limits they are meant to reach. All East Coast and all U.S. upcoming owners let me know what you think.

Erik
May 15th, 2003, 13:24
I live on the Swedish East coast. Am I welcome? :hihi:

K04
May 15th, 2003, 14:33
If you can get your car over, you would be more then welcome or if you just want to come over.

Erik
May 15th, 2003, 14:48
Only joking. It's a bit too far I guess.

It's a great idea with a meeting/trackday and one of the goals I had with rs6.com, to get owners closer together and get them to know their cars better and share experiences.

We might arrange something similar next year. Maybe in Germany? So if anyone at Audi or tuner is reading please feel free to contact me by e-mail and maybe we can arrange something interesting for all parts.

Just came back from a day at the airfield. Been driving the new A8 4.2 and the new S4. Learing has never been as fun!

Dave
May 15th, 2003, 15:42
Just came back from a day at the airfield. Been driving the new A8 4.2 and the new S4. Learing has never been as fun! [/B]

Bugger :D , you've beaten me to the drive of the S4.. can't wait to get in that V8 with a manual.

Driven the A8.. very nice and it looks so good.. but just too big a car for me!

Erik
May 15th, 2003, 15:48
Originally posted by Dave
Bugger :D , you've beaten me to the drive of the S4.. can't wait to get in that V8 with a manual.

Driven the A8.. very nice and it looks so good.. but just too big a car for me!

It was fun until someone used the clutch to adjust the speed...
1 of 2 S4 in Sweden is now in for repair. Got it on video...

The A8 - too big and too soft for me even in its firmest level.
A8 with 19" or 20" is just about right though.

Finnus
May 15th, 2003, 23:11
K04,

I'm game for an East Coast Club/meeting! I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what it would take to get into Lime Rock in Lakeville, CT?

Finnus

john hulbrock
May 17th, 2003, 03:29
Lime rock is a great track- not too much guard rail. If you join the BMW club you can take any car to the track- They also rent out Watkins Glen and the track in Virginia
jh

krm
May 17th, 2003, 06:28
I would welcome the opportunity to meet up with some fellow RS6 enthusiasts in the near future if they don't mind letting an car enthusiast with no car :( join them. Living in Manhattan does not afford me that sort of luxury yet.

jconley
May 17th, 2003, 15:07
Probably a litle far south for a lot of you, but I regularly drive Sebring with a few different car clubs. The NSX club has 5 or 6 weekends a year rented out there....a LOT of fun.

J

Speedracer
May 18th, 2003, 01:23
The NE Quattro club has events at Lime Rock. All you have to do is join. I'll be going there next weekend to see the Champion RS6 race.