PDA

View Full Version : TG, 100 fastest cars

AndyBG
May 12th, 2007, 01:44
TGs list...

http://www.topgear.com/content/timetoburn/sections/galleries/other/100_fastestcars/01/

Bingocaller
May 12th, 2007, 16:21
Great list - but what is the list based on? Best overall performance according to TG or ?

Toto89
May 12th, 2007, 19:39
The Peugeot 205 GTI overtook the Veyron in the list:doh: .....
Congrats to Top Gear team!:applause: :applause:

Charles DLF
May 14th, 2007, 15:58
What on earth is this based on??? Bugatti Veyron in 12th place??? Strange to classify the "fastest" cars in the world... It can't be on top speed, nor on 'ring time... Anyone have infos?

Audihead
May 15th, 2007, 05:06
The list is FUBAR. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Leadfoot
May 15th, 2007, 09:20
When Mr Clarkson considered the Mk1 Golf GTi as the greatest car ever and doesn't place it number one. Also his opinion of the Bugatti Veyron of the TOP GEAR race was that it was the greatest car ever and doubted it would ever be beaten.

I think it's a case of what ever mood his in.

Charles DLF
May 15th, 2007, 10:34
i agree leadie, but talking about the fastest cars is not a matter of mood, it's all down to facts and figures... Unless i don't understand a single word of English... In which case i should close my business down right now!!

Leadfoot
May 15th, 2007, 11:06
i agree leadie, but talking about the fastest cars is not a matter of mood, it's all down to facts and figures... Unless i don't understand a single word of English... In which case i should close my business down right now!!

I know Charles but who of a sane mind would put a 205GTi ahead of all the other great cars before it. Hack I think He is the most entertaining motoring journalist ever but he needs to show a little consistency, you can't have every other car the greatest ever and then use the same statement the next time you test something else. Fact and figures only account for part of what makes them great, emotions have to play a part as well, but really ............ a 205GTi so high up the list, come on now get real.:brag:

OfftheHeZie
May 17th, 2007, 02:55
I don't believe Jeremy Clarkson is responsible for this article, at all. I'm sure the time at which the people that wrote this article had their hay-day had something to do with their feelings on the Peugeot 205 GTI - and its performance compared with "modern hot hatches." It wouldn't have been that high up if I wrote it.

~Mason