PDA

View Full Version : I've an announcement.

OzRS4
May 11th, 2007, 16:49
Gentlemen, I am now offcially a RS4 driver!!!! Picked it up tonight and the first drive was just....speechless. Well, it's bloody awesome!!!!

A quick sneak...better photos to come.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4986&stc=1&d=1178898474

Erik
May 11th, 2007, 16:58
Nice announcement.

Car looks great, enjoy it!

evildark
May 11th, 2007, 17:22
Congratulations ! Lucky man :)

BigRick
May 11th, 2007, 17:22
Hope you'll have countless hours of speechless fun !

Ruergard
May 11th, 2007, 17:43
You lucky man, the car looks fabolous! Enjoy her! :rs4addict

OzRS4
May 11th, 2007, 22:34
Thanks guys! I'm a bit a late comer but finally! :rs4kiss:
First trip today through our national park with some nice windy roads.

Did you all get a bottle oil for topping up included with the delivery?

Happy driving.

LU-RS6
May 11th, 2007, 23:00
Nice, happy for you! Enjoy the great ride :rs4kiss:

jasaretta
May 11th, 2007, 23:40
Well done - every day you will love it a little more ;)

AndyBG
May 11th, 2007, 23:52
Congrat's !

Enjoy it, and post pic's and vid's !:rs4addict

M3 owner
May 13th, 2007, 00:08
Good on u mate !
I'm annoyed that the car came w/ so many km’s.
Look 4ward 2 more pics.

OzRS4
May 13th, 2007, 07:07
Good on u mate !
I'm annoyed that the car came w/ so many km’s.
Look 4ward 2 more pics.

Hi mate,
Here's more pics. I haven't had time to take any decent pics with nice scenery...too much fun having my hands on the steering wheel. This beast keeps teasing me and asking for more speed into the turn. It handles sooooo good!!!!!!! It's everything I've heard and read about and surpass my expectation by miles. :rs4kiss:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4990&stc=1&d=1179036218

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4991&stc=1&d=1179036218

Dirk
May 13th, 2007, 08:42
Congrats !! :rs4addict

pja66
May 13th, 2007, 23:09
Congratulations!!!! You lucky bugger:applause:

I've only got 4 months and 1 week to go.............but whose counting:D

M3 owner
May 13th, 2007, 23:32
pja66,when u pick up the car,check to see how many km's the beast has done & post your findings on this board.

BryanF
May 14th, 2007, 09:16
M3OWNER

Mine came with 74 kms on the clock..apparently the factory runs them on the track to make sure every thing is ok.I was there when the car arrived at the dealership and the local Audi dealer only added 5 kms during "road testing"before I took delivery.

I've now done 23,000 kms and no real issues....

Porsche ,on the other hand ,run the GT3 engines in on the bench to make sure they make the advertised kw/hp.

OzRS4
May 14th, 2007, 10:19
Congratulations!!!! You lucky bugger:applause:

I've only got 4 months and 1 week to go.............but whose counting:D

Thanks PJA66, now that i've been there & done that with the waiting - I definitely agree with other members here that it was worth the wait!!!

Hope the next few months will fly by for you.

pja66
May 14th, 2007, 12:22
pja66,when u pick up the car,check to see how many km's the beast has done & post your findings on this board.

Will do!!!

pja66
May 14th, 2007, 12:28
Thanks PJA66, now that i've been there & done that with the waiting - I definitely agree with other members here that it was worth the wait!!!

Hope the next few months will fly by for you.

I know it's worth the wait..............but I want it now :cry:

OzRS4
May 14th, 2007, 12:45
I know it's worth the wait..............but I want it now :cry:

I know the feeling my friend. hang in there. Check out the forum as often and look up RS4 videos on the web to fill the time. It kinda worked for me. :lovl:

Chamonixxx
May 15th, 2007, 00:32
OzRS4..... wicked purchase...congrats! pja66...I'm jealous!!

I am down south in Vic and am getting close to signing on the dotted line for an RS4.

Been doing a fair bit of research lately on the RS4 and been speaking to two dealers. Can you please put my mind at ease over a few things....

1. Were you able to get a test drive before purchasing??? I have been told that there are no RS4's at any dealers in Vic (next build of RS4's out of Germany is Week 32 with arrival in Oz in Week 42). I'm sure that I would never be disappointed in the drive but when spending so much on a car you at least want to sit in the thing first!!!

2. Audio/SatNav package: the brochures I have are ambiguous. Can you confirm that the Bose 10 spkr system and Sat Nav (with the large LCD screen) come as standard to Oz. The dealer told me this is the case but would be good if you can confirm this.

3. I was originally quoted $176,600 drive away. Yesterday I was offered $165k. This involved no haggling so I think I could get it down another $5k. Any chance of letting me know the ballpark figure which you guys picked it up for?

4. Are the 19in 7 double spoke wheels standard? I know that there is a 18in 5 spoke available.

6. Insurance. I have been quoted from AAMI a premium of $1700. Were you able to do better?

5. Any other info that may be of use??

Your help is greatly appreciated! Cheers.

BryanF
May 15th, 2007, 00:55
Chamonixxx

I'm located in Melbourne and are happy to take you for a spin...drop me a PM if your interested.

You will struggle to get one for a test drive.My first drive of one was when I picked up my car !!

$ 1700 insurance is what I'm paying through RACV
19 inch double spoke wheels are standard for OZ
Sat Nav and Bose system are also standard

$ 165k is a good price ...is it "on Road".....$176k is what the RRP plus onroads is.The dealers make about $15k per car so getting anything lower than $ 165k drive away would mean no margin for them.

BryanF

Chamonixxx
May 15th, 2007, 01:54
Bryan, you are a champion! I think I may take up your offer. I am actually down in Geelong. Perhaps this weekend I may make the trip up if you are at all free??

Yeah, the offer was 165 on the road.

I know that a test drive was pushing my luck because the dealer did tell me, as you said, that most people drive it for the first time when they pick it up.

I more wanted to see the interior to be able to choose between the options. What colour is your RS4? What internal trim do you have ie. carbon fibre, brushed aluminium etc?

Good to know someone close to home is posting on here!!

OzRS4
May 15th, 2007, 02:23

I am down south in Vic and am getting close to signing on the dotted line for an RS4.

Been doing a fair bit of research lately on the RS4 and been speaking to two dealers. Can you please put my mind at ease over a few things....

1. Were you able to get a test drive before purchasing??? I have been told that there are no RS4's at any dealers in Vic (next build of RS4's out of Germany is Week 32 with arrival in Oz in Week 42). I'm sure that I would never be disappointed in the drive but when spending so much on a car you at least want to sit in the thing first!!!

2. Audio/SatNav package: the brochures I have are ambiguous. Can you confirm that the Bose 10 spkr system and Sat Nav (with the large LCD screen) come as standard to Oz. The dealer told me this is the case but would be good if you can confirm this.

3. I was originally quoted $176,600 drive away. Yesterday I was offered $165k. This involved no haggling so I think I could get it down another $5k. Any chance of letting me know the ballpark figure which you guys picked it up for?

4. Are the 19in 7 double spoke wheels standard? I know that there is a 18in 5 spoke available.

6. Insurance. I have been quoted from AAMI a premium of $1700. Were you able to do better?

Hi Chamonixxx,
Thanks! it is a great car. I have a cousin living in Geelong too.

I second everything said by BryanF. If you can get it for $165K...great bargain. Mine wasn't anywhere close. My first drive of the RS4 was when I picked mine up and certainly no disappointment there.

My insurance is about the same as yours.

Having the car for a few days now...I can tell you don't think anymore - just order it!!!!!

All the best.

M3 owner
May 15th, 2007, 03:18
Hey guys,

I’m not trying to turn nothing into something.I’ve bought allot of cars & none of them have ever had any more then 5-8km on the clock. I’m a little paranoid on this matter only because in the past I have taken cars in for service & they’ve come back with a hell of a lot of km’s on the clock & very little petrol.They've had their fun at my expense.
I am just curious to know if all the cars are coming from the factory with such high figures. What kind of an Aussie would I be if I wasn’t a sticky beak?:lovl:
I love cars.I get excited when u guys buy cars, more excited then you do yourselves. I just hate to c bad things like that happen.

Paul_rs4
May 15th, 2007, 09:21
An RS4 in australia is 170K $?
In Romania we buy them 90 K E including tax and 15 K Euro 3 year insurrance all risk included!And options like bose ss+ nav etc.. we pay for nav 2000k E ss+ 800 E bose 600 E!But all options are included in the mentioned price above.THere is some big differnce in the costs Europe to Australia!

OzRS4
May 15th, 2007, 10:30
An RS4 in australia is 170K $?
In Romania we buy them 90 K E including tax and 15 K Euro 3 year insurrance all risk included!And options like bose ss+ nav etc.. we pay for nav 2000k E ss+ 800 E bose 600 E!But all options are included in the mentioned price above.THere is some big differnce in the costs Europe to Australia!

Hi ya Paul,

Yes, in Australia, we get slaughtered with Luxury car tax and GST (similar to VAT). Tax alone on the RS4 is about $32K. then our dollar is weaker than the Euro...that's why it is much more expensive here!

Our RS4s come standard with Bose, Sat Nav, 19" rim, Xenon, adaptive light, factory alarm. Main options were sunroof, double glazed windows, black optic, phone prep, ceramic brakes. I believe the SS+ was only recently introduced here.

pja66
May 15th, 2007, 12:03

I was lucky that I test drove 2 RS4s one being the sedan and the other was the avant.............both were amazing to drive. I have not driven anything like the RS4 in my life time :0:
My wife said I had a smile on my face that lasted for days after the test drives :)

AAMI gave me a quote of $1100, which I thought was not to bad but I'm still looking around!!

pja66
May 15th, 2007, 12:09
Not to hi-jack this post at all, I was just wondering what the Bose 10 spkr system sounds like? I was more interested in driving when I took the RS4 for a spin:cool2: so i did not get a chance to check out the stereo!!

brad
May 16th, 2007, 04:12

Hi Chamonixxx,

I'm from Melbourne also.

1. Its true, its tough to get a test drive, but Brian came through with the goods for me also - he is a champion. Nothing like a little piece of mind when committing to $165k plus. As you might be able to tell from the feedback of others though, you wont be disappointed.

2. yes, included.

3. $165k drive away is a very good price. Half your luck if you get a better deal than that. Does it include a sunroof? For me this was a must have (and the only option I included).

4. 19's are standard.

6. Insurance, I got sub $1k from AAMI.

5. You ask about interior options in another thread. IMO the silver and wood grain trims look pretty ordinary. Carbon Fibre (the default option) looks by far the best.

Big decision though is exterior colour. Obviously Daytona Grey is the best :-), but some of the other colours are ok also.

Brad

brad
May 16th, 2007, 04:15
BTW - Congratulations OZRS4, hopefully see you on the 27th

brad
May 16th, 2007, 04:18
Not to hi-jack this post at all, I was just wondering what the Bose 10 spkr system sounds like? I was more interested in driving when I took the RS4 for a spin:cool2: so i did not get a chance to check out the stereo!!

Stereo is quite nice. I like listening to music in the car and wouldn't ask for anything more (would say equivalent of Harmon Kardon setup I had in my 328Ci BMW).

brad
May 16th, 2007, 04:22
Hi ya Paul,

Yes, in Australia, we get slaughtered with Luxury car tax and GST (similar to VAT). Tax alone on the RS4 is about $32K. then our dollar is weaker than the Euro...that's why it is much more expensive here!

Our RS4s come standard with Bose, Sat Nav, 19" rim, Xenon, adaptive light, factory alarm. Main options were sunroof, double glazed windows, black optic, phone prep, ceramic brakes. I believe the SS+ was only recently introduced here.

Nice options OZRS4, why the double glazed though? Deadens the sound of that wonderful engine/exhaust...

Paul - important to note that when Australians talk about "$"s we are talking about Australian dollars not US dollars. Having said that, we do get stung by luxury car tax.

OzRS4
May 16th, 2007, 10:37

The Bose system in the RS4 is not so great. I was expecting DSP but nothing, just bass and treble adjustment. But I have to admit in this early days of ownership, I often have windows down and no music or radio...coz I rather hear the sound of the V8 and that exhaust note!!!! that's better than music imo.

OzRS4
May 16th, 2007, 10:44
Nice options OZRS4, why the double glazed though? Deadens the sound of that wonderful engine/exhaust...

Hi Brad, the reason why I went for double glazed windows is because I have 3 little ones under 7 and they have "destroyed" the tint in my X5 but I wanted a bit of heat insulation. I figured I can always put tint on later if there is heat problem but can't retrofit d-g windows. btw, the only options I picked were sunroof and d-g windows. I was just telling Paul what options are avail in Aust.
I do often have the windows down to enjoy that awesome sound of the RS4!!!.:D

pja66
May 16th, 2007, 12:53
Stereo is quite nice. I like listening to music in the car and wouldn't ask for anything more (would say equivalent of Harmon Kardon setup I had in my 328Ci BMW).

The Bose system in the RS4 is not so great. I was expecting DSP but nothing, just bass and treble adjustment. But I have to admit in this early days of ownership, I often have windows down and no music or radio...coz I rather hear the sound of the V8 and that exhaust note!!!! that's better than music imo.

Thanks guys for the info.................:rs4addict

OzRS4
May 16th, 2007, 21:41
Hope you all like them. :rs4kiss:

pja66
May 16th, 2007, 23:30
Hope you all like them. :rs4kiss:

Love that first pic :0:

pja66
May 24th, 2007, 13:30
Hey OzRS4 have not seen you on the forum that much,.....must be enjoying the :rs4addict ............4 months 1 week to go:incar: