PDA

View Full Version : New silver S3

RacerBice
May 10th, 2007, 09:54
So finally I'm done tweaking my new baby, and thought I'd just let you know how the new S3 should look in MY opinion (the motto being "keep it simple"....). :stick:

Unfortunately, my present camera is complete crap. And even worse, the cameraman (myself) is a complete idiot when it comes to using it. So picture quality could be better, and actually doesn't do the car justice even by a long shot. Still, though....

Stock extras:
- Flat bottom multi function steering wheel á la RS4
- Leather/alcantara trim in all black
- Rain sensor
- Auto-dimming interior rear view mirror, etc
- Sun band for windscreen
- Front centre arm rest
- Rear centre arm rest with ski load through
- Polished aluminium inlays
- Interior light pack
- Cruise control
- BOSE speaker system

Tweaks include;
- 25 mm lower front springs
- 2x10 mm spacers on rear axle
- BBS Challenge alloys (8x19 ET 15)
- 235/35-19 rubbers
- Vertical bars in the air intake below the single frame painted in black (in an attempt to make them invisible)
- S3 badges on both sides

Again, the S3 is at its best in light colours. Moreover, fitting adjustable chassis to the car and lowering it in the way that BB, MTM and Oettinger are doing is a vast overkill and ruins day-to-day practicability. The rear wheels are sitting perfectly in the body already in stock mode, and it is only in the front you need to lower it slightly to improve its looks. In terms of handling, you rather need to decrease rear grip and rear turn-in in order to neutralise the very slight understeer entirely. So with the 19-inchers in place as well, there really is nothing more you need to do.

:burnout:

polanski
May 10th, 2007, 10:16
good choice of rimms ! :bow:
bad choice of color.. IMHO.. black is the best color! :heart:
reeaally don't like the side badges !! :harass:

some pics of the interior would be nice..

RacerBice
May 10th, 2007, 10:23
Well....the problem with black (which I too think is a great colour per se) is that it makes the S3 specific air intake designs become invisible. Thus making the S3 look exactly like an A3. As for the side badges, the concept is identical to RS4, S4, S-line, S6, RS6 etc. So what's the problem? The car needs something to "light it up" sideways. Still, though, thanks for commenting.

:incar:

The RS6
May 10th, 2007, 14:28
Great car, but I don't like the rims :)

tazsura
May 10th, 2007, 14:40
Very nice RacerBice! :applause:

Thats the great thing about modding, have the car to how YOU want it to look. I especially like the drop in ride height at the front. :heart:

Personally I wold have gone for either LM's or the new RS-GT's by BBS and would have had Phantom Black. I've always liked CH's, but now that Audi offer them as S-line, they have lost their wow factor IMO.

But your ride looks sweet. Enjoy it! :burnout:

Taz :thumb:

Duma
May 10th, 2007, 14:47
nice! I love that rims

RacerBice
May 10th, 2007, 15:15
Very nice RacerBice! :applause:

Thats the great thing about modding, have the car to how YOU want it to look. I especially like the drop in ride height at the front. :heart:

Personally I wold have gone for either LM's or the new RS-GT's by BBS and would have had Phantom Black. I've always liked CH's, but now that Audi offer them as S-line, they have lost their wow factor IMO.

But your ride looks sweet. Enjoy it! :burnout:

Taz :thumb:

Thanks, Taz, much appreciated.

Actually, the width and ET combo of both LeMans and RS-GT make them very difficult to fit to the new S3. The LeMans are even impossible, without some very serious adaptions with the aid of saw and/or bending tools. Which is simply not worth the effort. One minor detail which makes the CH custom rims look quite different from the S-Line Audi extras is the engraved wheel centre text. And the aluminium finish is not the same, the CH's are ever so slightly darker and (more importantly) a little shinier.

As for Phantom Black, you don't mind being mainstream in that respect, do you? :lovl: And don't you care that actually you can't see the specific design of the air intakes and the rear diffusor....?

I know silver is even more mainstream for cars in general, but not really for the S3. Very, very few seem to have ordered it in silver, so I kinda feel a bit original.

The only other colour I seriously considered was Sprint Blue, which in my view is the best looking one by a mile. When clean, that is. A colleague of mine has an A6 S-line Sprint Blue, and already with just a little dust and dirt on it, it starts to look cheap. An even greater problem if you drive in black...

:s3addict:

RacerBice
May 10th, 2007, 15:18
Jesus, looking again at my pictures I simply must ask someone with a proper camera to shoot it. It looks sooooo much shinier and sportier in reality....

bober3
May 11th, 2007, 02:54
nice bbs wheels, very very nice car