PDA

View Full Version : Sport Mode vs. Tiptronic ... new owner

tsx500
May 1st, 2007, 02:24
i just purchased a black rs6 with an APR chip and custom diverter valve & exhaust, K&N filters. what is the best way to shift for optimum performance... do you use Sport Auto mode or do you slap it over into Tiptronic ? and if you're in Tip, is it best to just floor it and let the computer upshift,or should you upshift yourself ? thanks , would really appreciate any advice !

LIRS6
May 1st, 2007, 05:23
My take: standing start, just floor it in "D". For over-taking on hwy etc, put it in "S" or Tip to keep the revs higher. Experiment with it, you may find differently. As you purchased used, there is a procedure to "erase" the tranny memory so that it "learns" your driving style. Don't hold me to it, but I believe that the procedure is to depress the accelerator and keep it down for about 5 secs with the ignition off. Do a search or maybe someone else can pipe in with the proper technique. Good luck and enjoy.

Hy Octane
May 1st, 2007, 16:27
I drive it in Tip manual mode 99% of the time. D is for economy, S is a sportier autobox, but it will shift when it wants and you arent always ready for it when it does. There are a few hundred shift programs that it constantly searches to match traffic conditions.. thats the problem tho. You never know what program its using or when it will change. So, I use tip and paddles or stick to shift when I want the gear I want when I want it.

42TT
May 1st, 2007, 16:52
Interested to know if there is a way to resett the tcu to learn your driving. Also I do know that if you want a full manual tip-tronic mod if you code the tcu with 00022 it will not shift up or down in tiptronic unless you shift it