PDA

View Full Version : Striking Audi Auto workers per Assosiated Press

dabull
May 12th, 2003, 13:06
Is this the reason that nobody has seen their RS6 move into production on their Club Audi Journey Line ?

German Strikers to Target Audi
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) _ DaimlerChrysler, Audi, and John Deere will be among the companies targeted with one-day work stoppages Monday when Germany's biggest industrial union begins its first major strike since 1995, union officials said Friday.

Overall, some 50,000 workers at 21 companies will walk off their jobs in the key Baden-Wuerttemberg region as part of IG Metall union's campaign for higher pay.

Talks broke off April 19 when the union rejected employers' offer of 3.3 percent for 15 months, holding out for 4 percent.

The rolling one-day strikes are intended to disrupt production while not leading to plant shutdowns for lack of parts, union officials say. Workers laid off due to strike action elsewhere don't get unemployment benefits.

"Our strike concept is so responsibly put together that through these flexible strikes no jobs will be endangered, but nonetheless the necessary pressure will be exerted on the employers in order to get a fair result at the bargaining table," said Baden-Wuerttemberg regional union head Berthold Huber.

During the first week, 50 companies will be struck, he said.

The union is targeting DaimlerChrysler plants in Sindelfingen and Stuttgart, Porsche in Stuttgart, John Deere in Mannheim, and Audi in Neckarsulm, officials said.

Erik
May 12th, 2003, 13:19
"Audi in Neckarsulm" sounds like bad news.

iconcls
May 12th, 2003, 14:26
This is soooooo typical of the luck I am accustom to ;-(

WARNING, if your RS is on the same boat as mine, you stand a very good chance of that ship sinking--a la the scuttled XC 90 ship of late--just because that would also be TYPICAL of my luck ;-)

Benman
May 12th, 2003, 15:11
Originally posted by iconcls
This is soooooo typical of the luck I am accustom to ;-(

WARNING, if your RS is on the same boat as mine, you stand a very good chance of that ship sinking--a la the scuttled XC 90 ship of late--just because that would also be TYPICAL of my luck ;-)

yeah, ol' quattro won't save a drowning RS6:hihi:

ben:addict:

TheBrit
May 13th, 2003, 10:23
Originally posted by iconcls
WARNING, if your RS is on the same boat as mine, you stand a very good chance of that ship sinking--a la the scuttled XC 90 ship of late
That ship sank the weekend my Audi dealer promised me my RS 6 would be shipped after it had sat in a stockpile on the docks for two weeks. How nervous was I when I heard that a ship from Germany had sunk in the channel?

Thankfully, my car was on a different ship, but I feel sorry for anyone that waited 24 months for an M5 only to have it tun into a submarine... :eek:

K04
May 15th, 2003, 05:00
Actually that German auto strike took place a year ago. 2002

http://www.softcom.net/webnews/wed/cu/Agermany-strike.RQrL_Cy5.html

dabull
May 15th, 2003, 13:39
I wonder why the Associated Press ran the story in the past seven days?