PDA

View Full Version : Help required - forgive the post

jasaretta
April 25th, 2007, 02:58
I know this is not the place for this - but you guys always provide great info.

My father-in-law is looking at a new car. I have recommended the A6 2.4 (it's the one in his price range). He likes it but now the Volvo dealer has given him their 3.2 AWD to test drive.

I need the argument for the Audi LOL - the Volvo is butt ugly and drives like a brick. Any thoughts would be appreciated :thumb:

james

Benman
April 25th, 2007, 16:44
Hmm..

I've never sampled a 2.4 A6... is the Volvo 3.2 the same price?!? If so, good luck, you'll need it. Apples to apples, AWD to AWD, for the same $$$, he'll likely pick the bigger motor.

Yes, we're all biased towards Audi, but I can't think of anything other than interior and overall quality that could sway him.

My father is the same way, only not with Volvo, his deal is Lexus.

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
April 25th, 2007, 17:22
The Volvo is not that bad of a motor and for a older person is a very good choice, their seat are the best in the business and the sound system again is one of the best. Looks are something that one can like where another will hate, I personally like Volvos and have owned a S60 2.4T which was a very good car, only was shit at handling but this mightn't be important to your father.

Resale is my only concern, it's pretty bad on big Volvos.

QuattroFun
April 25th, 2007, 17:34
Well, I can say nothing about the Volvo - but have driven the FWD 2.4 A6 with Multitronic as a dealer loaner. In that guise it is okay especially around town and slower highway speeds where the excellent box makes up for the lack of power - but it is a nightmare on the motorway and in more spirited driving...your F-I-L should go for the bigger engine and awd unless Volvo has screwed it up somehow.

Charles DLF
April 26th, 2007, 09:57
which volvo is it? They're not bad cars at all, very confy, and safe cars. And they come loaded for the price of a mid range A6... Maybe it ain't sucha bad deal... :P

Benman
April 27th, 2007, 16:03
I don't think we're giving him the answers he was hoping for! :D

Ben:addict: