PDA

View Full Version : Audi A5 & S5 Review video

M3 owner
April 23rd, 2007, 08:53
repost ? yes/no ? Can't b bothered checking.

http://www.autoclips.net/video/6024

Thrives
April 23rd, 2007, 10:02
The link is broken, eh? Or is it just me?

The RS6
April 23rd, 2007, 11:10

Nope, it works just fine...

Abenteuer Auto Tests the S5

JavierNuvolari
April 23rd, 2007, 15:45

Not working for me either mate.

philfrance
April 23rd, 2007, 15:53
connects, then just sits there - no way to get it to play the video....

:(

The RS6
April 23rd, 2007, 19:08
http://rapidshare.com/files/27523223/mxlmklazqcgg.zip.html
There, I've uploaded it @ rapidshare for all of you...

;)

You're welcome :D

philfrance
April 23rd, 2007, 19:19
Cool. Thanks.

Leadfoot
April 23rd, 2007, 20:40
I didn't understand a word of it but from the video the S5 seems to sit very level while cornering which should mean it handles well but what about the ride quality of the car, what is it like?

Also I DON'T like it in red.:noshake:

Silver, Quartz Grey, Sprint Blue or Black. :thumb:

QuattroFun
April 23rd, 2007, 21:08
Very nice - many thx for posting!"... firm suspension but acceptable ride comfort. However, it is prone to understeer in tighter bends..." The jury is definitely still out and we have not drive it yet - but adding Autocar's remarks about steering, have dynamics really changed as much with the new platform as Audi tries to convince us? RS still seems to be a different animal than S...

rqiu
April 23rd, 2007, 22:42
Also I DON'T like it in red.:noshake:

Silver, Quartz Grey, Sprint Blue or Black. :thumb:

I think Red is beautiful and it is perfect for ladies. For me, I would like to get one in black.

rqiu
April 23rd, 2007, 22:46
Very nice - many thx for posting!"... firm suspension but acceptable ride comfort. However, it is prone to understeer in tighter bends..." The jury is definitely still out and we have not drive it yet - but adding Autocar's remarks about steering, have dynamics really changed as much with the new platform as Audi tries to convince us? RS still seems to be a different animal than S...

I guess Audi doesn't want the A and S versions to oversteer. Because of safety? Remember it was said that this chassis could be tuned to oversteer easily, which will possibly be done for RS5.

Leadfoot
April 23rd, 2007, 22:52

Well so it should be when you consider the S4 was less than 3/4 the price of the RS4. But as I have said before, Autocar said the same about the S3 on it first drive but later in the full road test in the UK they thought of the S3 as the best Audi ever. I believe the S5 will be right up there with the RS4 but different, mainly because to two cars are focusing on different drivers, the S5 on the luxury/sportscar driver and the RS4 on the more focus sportscar driver.

Leadfoot
April 23rd, 2007, 23:01
Sure the S5 will understeer, most cars do. Try getting a Boxster to oversteer on the road and you are either a better man than me or nearer the truth the answer will be more of a nutty than me.

From what I have been told and again this is hearsay, the A5 will be offered with either Magneticride or Air suspension in the near future and we all know how well it has improved the TT.

M3 owner
April 24th, 2007, 00:37
Here's another review.This 1 is in English but after u read it u will hope it was in a foreign language.lol. I guess he's not a Audi fan.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/new_car_reviews/article1682005.ece