PDA

View Full Version : Highjacked by rsmodels.net.

avdh
May 10th, 2003, 10:03
For the past few month I was unable to get to RS6.com...
Every time I would click on my bookmark, I would get to the RS6.com International Community page and then If i clicked on any of the links I would find myself at a site called rsmodels.net....
Fortunately someone at Audi World posted a link which I followed and eventually I found RS6.com again.
Glad to see RS6.com is still up and running!

Erik
May 10th, 2003, 10:13
I wondered where you had been. Welcome back!

scoop who runs rsmodels.net hosted RS6.com for a while but we're now back on our own server.

What's the news on Audi RS 6 in South Africa?

avdh
May 10th, 2003, 10:22
It seems the RS6 will be introduced in November 2003 in SA, however it is not yet confirmed, as Audi SA still need some approvals from Audi AG. Furthermore there is a price issue, as they have to create a whole infrastructure for only 20 or 30 cars, and the costs of that infrastructure has to be spread amongst those few cars, rather than a few hundreds or thousands as is the case for other Audi Models.
Personally I think they should put the costs of the infrastructure on their marketing and promotions budget, because that's what RS6's are - promotion for the Audi brand name.

On the other hand, the new S4 (B6) both sedan and avant will be coming in September and October respectively.
The new A3 (I think it is stunning) will be introduced in November (1.6, 2.0 and diesel)
The 3.2 V6 is due in March 2004.

Now I really don't know what I should buy :)