PDA

View Full Version : DIY N75 replacement - how difficult?

ruxprncd
April 22nd, 2007, 16:29
I'm going to remove the air filter housing to replace some of the vacuum lines and inspect the misc hoses that are there.

While I'm doing this would it be easy to replace the N75 valve? I'm not certain where this is located.

I have occasional loss of boost, and occasional uneven power at part throttle, and N75 seems to be a common culprit. My thought is that when I make the effort to remove the air filter housing I might as well do the N75 at the same time if it's accessable. I believe it's one of the cheaper parts on the RS6 at ~US $85 :).

skiwi
April 22nd, 2007, 19:39
straight forward job. it's at the rear in the centre between the 2 inlet pipes...

ruxprncd
April 22nd, 2007, 23:11
skiwi, if you've taken off the airbox, how the heck did you get to the bolt that is on the left side, underneath/facing down just past where the air screen is? attached is an image.

Squirrel
April 23rd, 2007, 02:11
Just had the airbox off myself, and this is the easier of the two nuts to get off. This is a not a bolt, but just a nut (10mm I think). Use a box end wrench to loosen (its should not be tight) and spin by hand being careful not to drop it.

The driver's side is a real bear, and you need small hands especially to get the nut back on. If you don't have em, get the wife to help.

skiwi
April 23rd, 2007, 09:00
don't forget that, with any job like this, your best friend is a magnetic pickup tool. although you tell yourself never to take a chance, you do....