PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about RS6 Modifications

42TT
April 12th, 2007, 15:08
Guys wondering if any of the following is possible:

1) By-passing or removing the DV's since they seem to cause more trouble than good?

2) Slightly increasing boost pressure for the odd 1/4mile sprint without having to upgrade the ecu/tcu chip?

Cheers and dont flame me for asking slilly questions ......LOL

Avus-RS6
April 12th, 2007, 20:30
1. Get upgraded DV's, hyperboost, dahlback to name two. Removing them altogether is not an option.

2. Not a good idea at all!!! It can be done with a manual boost controller in place of the N75 valve, but you will run lean and risk detonation without increasing the fueling, which can probably be done via lemmiwinks or a higher FPR. Basically, you risk a very expensive engine, not to mention more load on the tranny which already has plenty to deal with.

42TT
April 16th, 2007, 14:35
Anyone increased the boost to 1.0bar and used limmiwinks to tweak the fuel curve to supply the extra fuel needed?

peiserg
April 16th, 2007, 16:30
i thought on most turbo cars you can do a boost controller and fuel cut defencer for a few hundred bucks, and be done with it?

42TT
April 16th, 2007, 16:48
Well i assumed the Bosch motronic would sense the higher boost and add fuel to return the A/F Ratio to "normal" range.

I understand that the ECU may store a Boost Error but this will only be used for the odd 1/4mile run hence why I would like to try and get away without spending the thousands on a ECU and TCU program