PDA

View Full Version : Dutchtech Audi TT R5T Quattro.

Iceman
April 10th, 2007, 00:30
http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2/files/dutchtech_audi_tt_r5t_762.jpg

Hans.

DJim
April 10th, 2007, 10:07
Dutchtech is nederlands neem ik aan? (redelijke lompe vraag maar moest het gewoon ff vragen voor zkerheid)

Iceman
April 10th, 2007, 10:14
Dutchtech is nederlands neem ik aan? (redelijke lompe vraag maar moest het gewoon ff vragen voor zkerheid)
Ja dat klopt :) een bedrijf in de opstart fase met dit als eerste project idee.
Alleen is het nog niet zeker of het een Quattro gaat worden.
Dat hangt namelijk af of de 5 cilinder er tussen past, anders wordt het een fwd.

Hans.

Leadfoot
April 10th, 2007, 11:09
I take it Hans you are still living in hope that Audi bring out a 5 cylinder TT.:D

Iceman
April 10th, 2007, 11:15
I take it Hans you are still living in hope that Audi bring out a 5 cylinder TT.:D
If not my company will make the R5T ;) with or without Quattro.

Hans.

MPT
April 10th, 2007, 18:39
Well, the inline-five would be lovely, but it isn't going to be a reality.
As said before (and now proven on new video with Quattro GmbH testing at Nürburgring) it is going to be a V6. Really a shame though..

Sounds interesting with your company, if it has got interessests in making such an engine (a brand new, or an old 2.3 from Volksvagen ?) :0:
- Might i ask what company you work for ?

Kind regards.

Iceman
April 10th, 2007, 19:04
As said before (and now proven on new video with Quattro GmbH testing at Nürburgring) it is going to be a V6. Really a shame though..

Sounds interesting with your company, if it has got interessests in making such an engine (a brand new, or an old 2.3 from Volksvagen ?) :0:

Kind regards.
We are planing to use the new 2008 170 hp / 239 Nm 2.5 litre inline US 5 cylinder as a base, and ad a FSI cylinderhead and turbo.
We hoping to get 330-400 hp out of it.
btw, my own.

Hans.

Leadfoot
April 10th, 2007, 19:18
We are planing to use the new 2008 170 hp / 239 Nm 2.5 litre inline US 5 cylinder as a base, and ad a FSI cylinderhead and turbo.
We hoping to get 330-400 hp out of it.
btw, my own.

Hans.

Hans,

You crafty old dog, not only are you an accomplished man on photoshop but are a tuner as well. Good on you, I hope everything goes well with the new engine and you post the results here first.:thumb:

Iceman
April 10th, 2007, 19:36
Hans,

You crafty old dog, not only are you an accomplished man on photoshop but are a tuner as well. Good on you, I hope everything goes well with the new engine and you post the results here first.:thumb:
First i need to find out wat the changes are on the 2008 2.5 inline 5 cylinder engine.
The engine (150 hp) get a power hike of 20 hp in 2008, and i'm not sure if this is only a ecu software upgrade, or that there will be bigger changes to get 20 hp more.
Personaly i hope they have give the engine a Audi FSI cylinder head, save me developing time. :)

Hans.

Iceman
April 10th, 2007, 20:22
V6 ?, i hear no V6 sound on the Video.

Hans.

RS246
April 10th, 2007, 20:26

Kind regards.

Is this confirmed information or only guessing from the enginesound ?

Leadfoot
April 10th, 2007, 20:43
V6 ?, i hear no V6 sound on the Video.

Hans.

My neither and the black TT was a 2.0TFSi (twin pipes on the left).

Iceman
April 10th, 2007, 20:55
My neither and the black TT was a 2.0TFSi (twin pipes on the left).
The black TT 2.0T FSI is Arne's car from Norway, his wife have made the R8/TT movie.
Only the Silver TT Quattro in the movie is a testmule with big yellow calipers.
But there is no recognizable engine sound coming from the car, only tyer noise.
Based on that i say it's a 2.0 T FSI engine in it, a V6 make more sound overall.

Hans.

Leadfoot
April 10th, 2007, 21:02
The black TT 2.0T FSI is Arne's car from Norway, his wife have made the R8/TT movie.
Only the Silver TT Quattro in the movie is a testmule with big yellow calipers.
But there is no recognizable engine sound coming from the car, only tyer noise.
Based on that i say it's a 2.0 T FSI engine in it, a V6 make more sound overall.

Hans.

Well this is the car that I have been told will form the basis for the TT-S, only time is tell if this is the case. It would be very interesting to see Audi offering ceramic disc with a TT, this would in my eyes mean they are serious about it's role as a hi-performance model in their range of cars.

guessWHO
April 13th, 2007, 20:34
If not my company will make the R5T ;) with or without Quattro.

Hans.

with quattro is better :burnout:

Iceman
April 13th, 2007, 21:29
with quattro is better :burnout:

I know but we are not yet sure if there is enough room for the 5 cylinder engine between the Quattro gearbox and the lateral beam.
The US 5 cylinder is only in use with fwd, and in that case they can move the gearbox more to the left to create more space for the 5 cylinder and compensate this with a shorter left and a longer right driveshaft.
This is with the Quattro gearbox not possible.

Hans.

Leadfoot
April 14th, 2007, 00:28
I know but we are not yet sure if there is enough room for the 5 cylinder engine between the Quattro gearbox and the lateral beam.
The US 5 cylinder is only in use with fwd, and in that case they can move the gearbox more to the left to create more space for the 5 cylinder and compensate this with a shorter left and a longer right driveshaft.
This is with the Quattro gearbox not possible.

Hans.

Hans,

If quattro doesn't fix will it not be fool-hardy to tuned the engine to such a high state of tuned, especially through the front wheels?

PeterJohn
April 14th, 2007, 09:14
Ik vind het een beetje overbodig. De 2.0T en de VR6 hebben beide veel ondersteuning hebben van respectabele tuners. De 5cyl is een motor uit een ander chassis, uit een ander land, en niet voorbereid op drukvoeding. Het is een geval van onnodige lagen van complexiteit.

Als het een project is om kennis op te doen, vakmanschap te tonen, en aandacht te trekken is het wel een goed idee. Maar er zit niet veel commercieel potentieel in. In mijn bescheiden opinie.

Iceman
April 14th, 2007, 09:48
The project will only have a go if whe can do this with Quattro.

@ PeterJohn,

Whe choose the 5 cylinder bacause it's a different engine than most tuner use.
In this time and age everyone have tuning programs for the 2.0T or VR6.
There is no use to ad another one.

Hans.

steve
April 14th, 2007, 11:01
Great idea Hans!

Audi five cilinders are heaven :)

PeterJohn
April 14th, 2007, 18:11
I hope the best for you, Hans. But I do have my doubt that owners will want to throw out their perfectly capable engines for an expensive hybrid solution.

Leadfoot
April 14th, 2007, 18:43
I hope the best for you, Hans. But I do have my doubt that owners will want to throw out their perfectly capable engines for an expensive hybrid solution.

I think PeterJohn, we live in a reality that what ever the car manufacturer produces is very ample, but there is a growing number who don't feel this way and for them not only is the performance not only unacceptable but they are also wanting to be different.

This 5 cylinder unit in a car not meant to have it might just be the ticket. Though I don't know the possible cost involved for such a conversion it is surely going to push the cost of the finished project above that of a RS4, that is a hell of a cost to be different.

The cheaper and easier option to be different was be to buy an Alfa.:lovl:

PeterJohn
April 18th, 2007, 18:24
You can always unscrew one of the sparkplugs on the VR6. :p

Lateknight
April 19th, 2007, 19:24
Theres very little changed between the 150 and 170 versions.

CBT & CBU are the codes for the new 170 5 cyl engines.

Compared to 150 version (BGP & BGQ codes) :-
Block is the same, Crank is different (higher revving?), Head is same on CBT code but not on CBU(?), Cams are the same, Fuel rail and injectors the same, Inlet manifold is different, pistons and rods are the same, oil pump different, water pump same.

Not fsi (not sure how you are going to accomplish that)

Might as well get started on a cooking 150 version. There is not much changed hardware in the newer 170 engine :360:

Still no 6speed manual available (space?)
Either 5 speed manual or 6 speed Auto.

Iceman
April 19th, 2007, 19:28
Theres very little changed between the 150 and 170 versions.

CBT & CBU are the codes for the new 170 5 cyl engines.

Compared to 150 version (BGP & BGQ codes) :-
Block is the same, Crank is different (higher revving?), Head is same on CBT code but not on CBU(?), Cams are the same, Fuel rail and injectors the same, Inlet manifold is different, pistons and rods are the same, oil pump different, water pump same.

Not fsi (not sure how you are going to accomplish that)

Might as well get started on a cooking 150 version. There is not much changed hardware in the newer 170 engine :360:

Still no 6speed manual available (space?)
Either 5 speed manual or 6 speed Auto.

Thanks for the info.

Hans.

polanski
May 3rd, 2007, 11:46
Personaly i hope they have give the engine a Audi FSI cylinder head, save me developing time. :)

isnt that a bad thing? I heard tuners are having trouble with the FSI injectors.. and that the costs of raising the fuel injection is very expensive..

I'm planning on buying a new S3 .. but a max of 330 bhp is not enough for me..
A bigger turbo needs bigger injectors 'n stuff I really want my S3 to gain more than 200 BHP.
So what I am waiting for is a Tuning company that can either change the engine of the S3 into a 5 cilinder or 6 cilinder engine.

oooor.. what I was thinking: buying a V6 tune it with a turbo kit up to 500+ bhp and then build it up to a S3 .. interior .. exterior..

any suggestions??

Iceman
May 3rd, 2007, 16:34
isnt that a bad thing? I heard tuners are having trouble with the FSI injectors.. and that the costs of raising the fuel injection is very expensive..

I'm planning on buying a new S3 .. but a max of 330 bhp is not enough for me..
A bigger turbo needs bigger injectors 'n stuff I really want my S3 to gain more than 200 BHP.
So what I am waiting for is a Tuning company that can either change the engine of the S3 into a 5 cilinder or 6 cilinder engine.

oooor.. what I was thinking: buying a V6 tune it with a turbo kit up to 500+ bhp and then build it up to a S3 .. interior .. exterior..

any suggestions??
German tuner wimmer have a 408 hp option for the S3.
A VR6 is to heavy for having good conering performance like a S3.
In the case of a VR6 you can better buy a A3 3.2 Quattro and put on S3 bumpers.
Further go to German tuner HGP-turbo and get your self a 540 hp Bi-turbo upgrade.

Hans.

polanski
May 4th, 2007, 09:15
German tuner wimmer have a 408 hp option for the S3.

any links ?

btw: got it .. wheeeeew 36000 $ for the upgrade.. that almost the same as the car it self costs.. haha
thats what I meant with expensive, when talking bout the injection ..
but still dunno what turbo they use or other parts..

Iceman
May 5th, 2007, 11:40
Hans,

very nice idea.
I really like it ;)
But two questions, how do you mount the engine?
Transversal oder longitudinal?
And is there really that much problems, fitting
the Haldex-quattro system?
btw. this is my first post, after i bought my new car.
But probably i have to to be ashamed of it ;)

The engine will be transeversal mounted.
But bacause a R5 cylinder is longer i'm not yet sure whe can keep the Haldex Quattro Systems cardan axle in the middel of the car or that whe need to do some staggering with it.

Hans.

Iceman
May 5th, 2007, 13:06
what middle?
the transversal or the longitudinal middle?

what about mounting it longitudinal?

In the middle of the car is a cardan tunnel.
The cardan axle that go to the rear mounted Haldex have to be in the middle of that.

Logitudinal mounting is out of the question, no room for that.

Hans.

PeterJohn
May 5th, 2007, 13:56
Logitudinal mounting is out of the question, no room for that.

Hans.

Dahlback did it, both with the oldschool Audi 5cyl. The Polo is RWD, but the Golf comes with a Torson Quattro drivetrain.

http://www.eurotuned.com/vw/RS1/pic20.jpg

http://www.autodynamics.com.br/materias/02_polo_dahlback/images/fotos026.jpg

Iceman
May 5th, 2007, 14:02
Dahlback did it, both with the oldschool Audi 5cyl. The Polo is RWD, but the Golf comes with a Torson Quattro drivetrain.

Yes i know, but they have lenghtened the front for that by the Golf and the Polo is RWD.

Hans.

Leadfoot
May 6th, 2007, 09:39
I don't think we will see a 5cyl engine in the A3/TT until the next model which will be based on the new chassis of the A4/5 and then there will be the room.