PDA

View Full Version : Too much vibration in S6.. is this Tire problem?

Alex Kim
April 9th, 2007, 08:22
I was drving on the high way with about 80mph. and The car really vibrates a lot.. really really a lot. Like when you hold your hand up, it almost moves like 3cm back and forth.

I am not sure where the vibration from but does this thing have to do with tire? (I just got my wheel changed 2 weeks ago to 19in(factory wheel) from 18in and they got new Continental summer tire on it)

on some road it vibrates a lot and on some road it feels better. (is it possible that the Engine makes such vibration? or.. is it the tire that doesn't breaked in yet)

Brigadier
April 11th, 2007, 06:39
I was drving on the high way with about 80mph. and The car really vibrates a lot.. really really a lot. Like when you hold your hand up, it almost moves like 3cm back and forth.

I am not sure where the vibration from but does this thing have to do with tire? (I just got my wheel changed 2 weeks ago to 19in(factory wheel) from 18in and they got new Continental summer tire on it)

on some road it vibrates a lot and on some road it feels better. (is it possible that the Engine makes such vibration? or.. is it the tire that doesn't breaked in yet)

Tire vibration starts from ~80km/h.

skiwi
April 11th, 2007, 08:17
i suggest you go back to the tyre shop and ask them to check the balance of the wheels - it sounds as though you might have lost a balance weight...