PDA

View Full Version : options for new RS ?

Alex Kim
April 9th, 2007, 08:16
I wonder if RS6 will equip with B&O sound system. I saw that one on the S5 but.. not sure for RS6 or RS5.. (even though I wish it have one..)

Also I know this is kinda stupid question but I wonder if Audi will have

features like HUD (that BMW M5 or M6 has) or LC (Launch control) on upcoming RS series. I think the HUD thing is kinda interesting feature to have on it. and.. is it technically hard to put LC control in AWD car?

Leadfoot
April 9th, 2007, 09:55
If Audi go down the DSG route with their up and coming RS models then LC is a sure thing, it's the only way to launch a car quickly that doesn't have a clutch. I agree that technically it will cause a lot of problems because of the awd system. As for the others, yeah in time I think all cars will have HUDs just in the same way as Sat-Nav and Air-con are become almost standard in a lot of cars.

As for B&O in the RS6, I doubt it, they didn't develop the up-graded sound system in the A6 that was Bose so unless they do the same as was done it the A8 in don't think you will see it in there but in any case, would you like to pay the £5k for a B&O system in your RS6 because that will be the price, it's the customer that are paying the development costs for the A8's system not Audi unlike the A5 which had the price already allowed for in it's development.