PDA

View Full Version : Audi A5 Sportback.

Iceman
April 7th, 2007, 09:39
http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2/files/audi-a5-sportback_401.jpg

Hans.

Leadfoot
April 8th, 2007, 12:53
Maybe it's me but I am not so sure that this swish line down the middle works on an estate car as well as a coupe or saloon.

Hans what is your opinion?

Iceman
April 8th, 2007, 13:03
I don't like that line at all.

Hans.

tazsura
April 8th, 2007, 14:04
I don't like that line on the Coupe, let alone the Sportback version. :rolleyes:

Taz :incar:

Leadfoot
April 8th, 2007, 17:53
I don't like that line on the Coupe, let alone the Sportback version. :rolleyes:

Taz :incar:

I think it is one of those cars that you have to see in person to really appreciate the lines and curves. This was how I felt about the 3series coupe until I saw it for the first and though I haven't seen the A5 in the fresh when comparing it side by side in photos I feel the A5 looks the more muscular and beefy, more of a man's motor than the BMW.

No the design is safe in Audi's hand, in my opinion they haven't made a bad looking car in years and easily the best of the three main German manufacturers.

MPT
April 8th, 2007, 17:55
Well, this just shows your insight in Audi's design-language. In fact that line is a genius design-element, that the car will be remembered for, people will "recognize" it for, and of course we will see this line (or something similar) on upcoming Audis. And too my personal opinion i think it looks stunning. It inhances the proportions of the "shoulder-lines", and really makes the car looks overall better.

Regarding this photoshopped A5 Sportsback, i can assure you, it will never be a reality! There just simply isn't room for that car in the Audi car-range.

Kind regards.

chewym
April 11th, 2007, 04:08
I don't think there will be such a car. This is basically a A4 Avant with a slopier roof.