PDA

View Full Version : New Mods: APR Exhaust + Hyperboost DVs

Marcus Frost
April 7th, 2007, 00:42
Got my APR Exhaust and Hyperboost Diverter Valves installed today. All the work was done by CPT (http://www.gocpt.com). If you are anywhere near Chicago with an RS6, there simply isn't a question about where you should be going, CPT is the place. Moving forward - CONSIDERABLE difference in performance! I went with the exhaust for the look and for a bit better tone, as well as the power gains. The DVs we did because we broke one while the car was on the dyno and had to repalce - why not upgrade! The combination made a significant difference in throttle response and the boost curve. I was very surprised at how much crisper the car response now. I was able to sell my stock exhaust to offset the cost of the APR system so it actually was pretty reasonable. Very good quality exhaust and I really like the quad polished tip look. Nice tone, only slightly louder than stock with a real nice improvement in the low revs.

I'm debating whether to chip now, as the price of admission is somewhat steep and I will be trading this car in for the new RS6. My car only has 6k miles on it and I think I'm just going to try to enjoy it for the rest of the year until the next beast arrives. Thoughts?

-m

Avus-RS6
April 7th, 2007, 07:46
6,000 miles!?!? Drive that thing dammit. Do you think the DV's made the difference in response, or the exhaust? I am thinking of DP's and exhaust as my first and maybe only power mod while under warranty. Any dyno figures from before and after?

Oh yeah, I think you should chip it. ;-) :addict:

Boosted-Bora
April 7th, 2007, 16:49
I have the Dahlback diverter valves and when i did the vales the throttle response was much quicker and it seemed to hold boost much better

Marcus Frost
April 7th, 2007, 17:20
The APR is a catback system so I really think it's the DVs that helped with throttle response. I know how useless the butt-dyno is but I swear you get in a stock DV'd RS6 and drive mine and an RS6 owner WILL tell the difference. It's hard to grasp that those little valves could do that given even looking at them (stock vs aftermarket) they don't seem that different. I think it's a really cost effective mod and recommend it highly.

-m

ruxprncd
April 7th, 2007, 22:00
My butt-dyno agrees - DVs can make a difference in throttle response. Replaced mine at 56K miles a couple of weeks after buying the car.

Avus-RS6
April 7th, 2007, 23:35
Hmmm, maybe new DV's are in my very near future. So, which ones are recommended and where to buy them?

Boosted-Bora
April 8th, 2007, 17:40
I recommend Dahlback DV's

they are great

JoeyVee
April 10th, 2007, 15:05
Can I buy your old sound enhancing exhaust?