RXBG
April 6th, 2007, 16:36
http://pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=16106

Ruergard
April 8th, 2007, 16:29
Absolutely stunning, I love it. Looks fantastic.. :love:

PeterJohn
April 9th, 2007, 11:00
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet not impressed with the Astons. They're not ugly, but they excite me as much as any generic Asian personal transportation unit. I've seen a bunch of new generation Astons, but I'm so disinterested, that I don't even bother looking for clues as to which model it is. DB9, V8, Vanquish,... whatever.

Perhaps it's b/c I'm a sucker for technology and craftsmenship. The only reason you buy an Aston is b/c you want people to perceive you in a certain way. There's no substance to it. And I percieve the Aston drivers as people who care what I percieve them as, which doesn't impress me. I'd rather have a Porsche. Yes, people will think I'm an arrogant SOB, but they'll also know that I've got the best toy in the playground.

Leadfoot
April 10th, 2007, 16:36
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet not impressed with the Astons. They're not ugly, but they excite me as much as any generic Asian personal transportation unit. I've seen a bunch of new generation Astons, but I'm so disinterested, that I don't even bother looking for clues as to which model it is. DB9, V8, Vanquish,... whatever.

Perhaps it's b/c I'm a sucker for technology and craftsmenship. The only reason you buy an Aston is b/c you want people to perceive you in a certain way. There's no substance to it. And I percieve the Aston drivers as people who care what I percieve them as, which doesn't impress me. I'd rather have a Porsche. Yes, people will think I'm an arrogant SOB, but they'll also know that I've got the best toy in the playground.

Ditto.:thumb:

There is a case against taking the corporate identity to far and in my opinion Porsche and Aston Martin are two firms very much guilty. I understand the only way for small firms to survive is the use the same parts but they can at least dress them in a different way surely.:brag:

The only reason one chooses an Aston Martin Vantage over a 997 is because of Porsche's success, every Tom, Dick and Harry has a Porsche so to speak and people like to be different. The same thing can be addressed at us here on this forum, the logical choice is an M3 or M5 because of their popularity but we choose to be different and are now all the better for it.:jlol:

Clio16V
April 10th, 2007, 18:21
Very nice car!