PDA

View Full Version : "car" says that drc is dead on the new rs6

skiwi
April 5th, 2007, 21:30
v10tt, 530bhp, monster torque - and no drc, instead the adaptive magnetic damping system....

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=626&page=1

note also that it states that ceramic brakes will be offered...

SpinEcho
April 5th, 2007, 21:37
If this is true, it's good news. Maybe we'll actually get a liveable ride in the new Beast!

Lateknight
April 5th, 2007, 22:12
v10tt, 530bhp, monster torque - and no drc, instead the adaptive magnetic damping system....

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=626&page=1

note also that it states that ceramic brakes will be offered...

I would take this with a pinch of salt.

When they can't even get their sums right regarding it allegedly having 43 more horsepower than the 500hp (507ps) BMW but only 16 more than the 507hp (514ps) Merc E63 : Doesn't speak volumes for the credibility of their journalism. :nono:

Aronis
April 7th, 2007, 03:04
I have to say that if Audi did not go with the new tech of Magnetic adaptive system that would be a mistake. That technology is pretty solid and has done wonders for other cars...just image with version 10 will be like when even a Hyndia has it!!!

Mike

Hy Octane
April 7th, 2007, 16:53
"car" says that drc is dead on the new rs6

Its dead on the old one too! :mech:

LIRS6
April 9th, 2007, 01:39
Ok, now I'm truly starting to salivate

bober3
April 9th, 2007, 04:00
what's drc mean?

Leadfoot
April 9th, 2007, 07:17
I not know if MagneticRide suspension is on the RS6 but it is the logical choice. When the DRC system is working it's very very good but the other can do everything that little bit quicker and better.

moldowan
April 9th, 2007, 09:35
Dynamic Ride Control

aussie rs6
April 9th, 2007, 10:34
I not know if MagneticRide suspension is on the RS6 but it is the logical choice. When the DRC system is working it's very very good but the other can do everything that little bit quicker and better.

Logical for it to be on the new RS6 when it is now in use on the new R8 :rs6kiss:

Leadfoot
April 9th, 2007, 11:30
Logical for it to be on the new RS6 when it is now in use on the new R8 :rs6kiss:

Agreed, when the system can be retro fit to what is basically a Gallardo chassis then you can expect that the same should apply to the RS6.:thumb:

QuattroFun
April 10th, 2007, 16:30
Now, we all love speculating about the new RS6 - and my hand is the first to rise.

However, there is a problem with all these rumors from different sources - they are mutually inconsistent. If Car is right and the new RS6 has MR instead of DRC, how come they talk about 530bhp? Conversely, if they indeed are right about the suspension, why should they be wrong on the power and how come we are still talking about 580bhp? If they have really talked to well informed insiders, there is no reason to expect them to get only half the story right...

Leadfoot
April 10th, 2007, 19:13
If magazine like Car, Autocar and EVO etc quote details of up and coming cars it's better to under sell something than make claim that might not come true. Think about what potential customer would say, 'that bloody magazine said it would have this and have that and it has none of them', so if you tell the least of what you know then anything more is a bonus.

The RS6 has 585hp and bucket loads of torque and it will do everything that is said on this site. There is too many different people all talking the same numbers from different parts of the world, we all don't have the same source now do we.

QuattroFun
April 10th, 2007, 20:05
I doubt that mags have any problems in overselling a future car - however, car co insiders (i.e. the source) are a different matter although they also seem to be prone to hype their cars rather than hold back.

In the end, the package is what counts for people like me and I suspect that I am not alone. I love bhp and acceleration at least as much as the next guy, but I could definitely see myself buying a new RS6 with only 530bhp - nevermind if it trails the M5 by 0.5s to 0-200 - if the whole car is great both objectively and subjectively. In contrast, I would not buy the new RS6 if its only stronghold is 580bhp and rather irrelevantly only beating its peers in the acceleration game.

Leadfoot
April 10th, 2007, 20:45
I doubt that mags have any problems in overselling a future car - however, car co insiders (i.e. the source) are a different matter although they also seem to be prone to hype their cars rather than hold back.

In the end, the package is what counts for people like me and I suspect that I am not alone. I love bhp and acceleration at least as much as the next guy, but I could definitely see myself buying a new RS6 with only 530bhp - nevermind if it trails the M5 by 0.5s to 0-200 - if the whole car is great both objectively and subjectively. In contrast, I would not buy the new RS6 if its only stronghold is 580bhp and rather irrelevantly only beating its peers in the acceleration game.

QuattroFun,

Now you know that just isn't going to happen.:hihi:

QuattroFun
April 10th, 2007, 21:43
Heck no - but in all honesty, it aint over until the fat bird spills her guts!