PDA

View Full Version : Some cars have a smell about them.

Leadfoot
March 30th, 2007, 15:03
Has anyone ever noticed the smell that some BMWs have when you get in it them. My brother drives an X5 with leather and everytime I get into it within 10 minutes I have a headache. It has a chemical smell which I reckon is from the leather treatment, this is also the case with the brother-in-law's ZM Coupe.

Now I have had two BMW in the past and never noticed this in any of them. Is this something new to BMWs or has anyone else noticed something similar? :eye:

Toto89
March 30th, 2007, 17:35
The explanation is simple...your are allergic to BMWs, that's why you always have to drive an Audi.:jlol:

Leadfoot
March 30th, 2007, 23:37
The explanation is simple...your are allergic to BMWs, that's why you always have to drive an Audi.:jlol:

Yeah, I know I have a downer to BMWs but this time I was serious, I haven't been in the brother's X5 in six months and happened to be driving it today, within 10 minutes my head was spinning. I have had two Beemer previously a 3series and a 5series and both didn't have this problem, I was just wondering if anyone had had the same experiences as me.

Have they changed their tanning process or something ?

gjg
March 31st, 2007, 07:52
did not have any reason to put my arse in bmw, reading about your problems I'd prefer to have the bimmer driver smelling my exhaust pipes - sure as hell get a headache :applause:

Leadfoot
March 31st, 2007, 13:18
Guys, I am deadly serious about this. I would like someone will a BMW with leather interior who has had a similar BMW from say 8 years ago to tell me if they have noticed the same thing.

M&M, 7:53RS6, sticky or PeterJohn can anyone of you understand this at all.

SuperstarDriver
March 31st, 2007, 19:55
man man man i'm also alergic to bmw...put me on the list of the alergic's PLSSS...

audifan
April 2nd, 2007, 14:47
I have a BMW e28 5 series and it still, after 20+ years, has the most potent leather smell I have ever encountered.

SuperstarDriver
April 2nd, 2007, 14:50
yes, i know the taste of bmw sucks, but how your bmw leather smells it can scary any nose...jokking, but i hate bmw cars also:D

Erik
April 2nd, 2007, 16:14
Not another one thanks... :(

mr
April 6th, 2007, 07:11
@leadfoot
well haven't heard of such thing before ... but well ...-> maybe there's really something in the leather treatment of your brothers X5 that you're alergic on or so ..... well did your 3series and 5series also have the same leather interior / seats ,... as your brother has ???

rgds
mr

SuperstarDriver
April 6th, 2007, 07:42
like i said...bmw sucks...ohhh no...REALLLY SUCKS!!!

Leadfoot
April 6th, 2007, 10:12
@leadfoot
well haven't heard of such thing before ... but well ...-> maybe there's really something in the leather treatment of your brothers X5 that you're alergic on or so ..... well did your 3series and 5series also have the same leather interior / seats ,... as your brother has ???

rgds
mr

No the leather in both of mine was far smoother like that in an Audi. PeterJohn sent this to me explaining that the problem is wider spread than even I thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_car_smell

Explains a lot.